PDA

View Full Version : A Small Lighting Project

JimLewis
11-20-2010, 11:17 PM
4 Unique Pulsar Spot Lights (2 on water feature, 2 uplighting trees)
3 Unique Neptune Path Lights
Several Integral Lighting IL6 Step Lights

Could be that the 35w pulsars are a little too strong for that water feature. And could be that we installed a few too many of the IL6s inside the steps. I love those lights. And the customer loved it all.

It's not the best lighting job in the world. And I'm certainly not very good at taking photos of outdoor lighting, nor do I have the right kind of camera. But I thought it still turned out fairly well for a really small landscape.

JimLewis
11-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Here are some more.....

JimLewis
11-20-2010, 11:20 PM
We did pretty much everything else in the photos too. Paver Patio, Steps, Planting, Water Feature, Irrigation, etc. The summer home was constructed by a friend of mine who's a G.C.

It was all bare dirt when we started.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Jim, if I may.... on the use of the Integral step lights.... sometimes "less is more".

Next time, try using fewer fixtures, spaced out more evenly and symmetrically. Remember that you do not have to make the treads continuously lit. The eye and mind are very good at interpreting trip hazards once they have been tipped off by a visual cue. I will often light every other tread in order not to clutter a set of steps with too many fixtures.

A secondary bonus of using fewer fixtures on the steps is that you would have more budget to apply to a greater portion of the yard.

Regards.

JimLewis
11-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Jim, if I may.... on the use of the Integral step lights.... sometimes "less is more".

Right. I know. I noted that in my first post....

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Just trying to help ....

JimLewis
11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
I know. I appreciate it. I already knew we probably did a few too many when it was done. We haven't done a ton of those paver steps going up to doorways before. And the ones we have done, we never put those lights in. So I was figuring with 10w, we should install more. But I think next time we'll do like half of that.

Pro-Scapes
11-22-2010, 07:57 AM
4 Unique Pulsar Spot Lights (2 on water feature, 2 uplighting trees)
3 Unique Neptune Path Lights
Several Integral Lighting IL6 Step Lights

Could be that the 35w pulsars are a little too strong for that water feature. And could be that we installed a few too many of the IL6s inside the steps. I love those lights. And the customer loved it all.

It's not the best lighting job in the world. And I'm certainly not very good at taking photos of outdoor lighting, nor do I have the right kind of camera. But I thought it still turned out fairly well for a really small landscape.

If you dont mind me being honest here I am just not feeling the continuity and flow of the job. I bet once its totally dark you have some huge huge black holes? Next time you draw a job up maybe step back and send some pictures and a plan to a few of us ? I did this alot back when I started and it helped me see things in a different way.