PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers

IRS
11-22-2010, 10:16 PM
What has worked for you in the past? Print on 1 side or both? Details or just name and number? What about coupon? Looking for way to draw new customers, for coming spring.

Ric
11-23-2010, 09:10 AM
What has worked for you in the past? Print on 1 side or both? Details or just name and number? What about coupon? Looking for way to draw new customers, for coming spring.

IRS

What worked for me was Clover leafing my present customers. I printed Flyers on my computer listing their neighbors address as a Yard I already take care of. Of course you want the yard to be in great shape first. I would pass out the flyers each time I treated that customer yard. Repeat flyers work better than one time. This method builds tight routes and less wind shield time.

Rayholio
11-23-2010, 09:44 AM
door hangers work. make sure there is at least an 'offer' if not a coupon... give them as many ways to contact you as possible. .. I even do a tear off return mail piece on mine.

GREATLY increase the effectiveness with door to door sales. as I understand it TGCL employees get fired if they're not making 3 sales a day.. so hire 4 people.. 12 sales per day + door hangers. thats 60 sales per 5 day week.. 240 per month.

Problem is that its hard to find salespeople that can meet those goals, and there is a lot of money out up front on the hope that you got some good help.. (and you didn't.)

I actually prefer direct mail to door hangers.

hawthornelawncare
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
hi there who do you get your door hangers with the tear off from? im looking to get some done

chris

door hangers work. make sure there is at least an 'offer' if not a coupon... give them as many ways to contact you as possible. .. I even do a tear off return mail piece on mine.

GREATLY increase the effectiveness with door to door sales. as I understand it TGCL employees get fired if they're not making 3 sales a day.. so hire 4 people.. 12 sales per day + door hangers. thats 60 sales per 5 day week.. 240 per month.

Problem is that its hard to find salespeople that can meet those goals, and there is a lot of money out up front on the hope that you got some good help.. (and you didn't.)

I actually prefer direct mail to door hangers.

Rayholio
12-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Lately I've been using real green systems pre printed ones with return stub.. if you're looking for custom work, they will be high priced, and I suggest getting quotes.. careful though. I've discovered that printers often suffer from lame-itus and you should pick the low bid with caution..
Posted via Mobile Device

hawthornelawncare
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Hey there where would i go to look at the pre printed ones? do they put your company info on it or what?

Lately I've been using real green systems pre printed ones with return stub.. if you're looking for custom work, they will be high priced, and I suggest getting quotes.. careful though. I've discovered that printers often suffer from lame-itus and you should pick the low bid with caution..
Posted via Mobile Device

Rayholio
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
I had to buy an ink stamp with my mailing address and logo on it.. one that will stamp onto slick laser paper. (about $50)

Check out www.realgreenforms.com to see what they have. They ship very quickly, and the quality is great. on pre-printed forms their prices are unbeatable.. on custom they're unbelievable. :)

RigglePLC
12-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Hurry. Scroll 2 inces left and you will see a sponsor who offers great lawn brochures and flyers. But most printers use stock photos of green grass.

But of course it is much better if you go to the trouble of taking pictures in your own town of your own yards--with your truck in the background--or foreground. Get your own face (earnest and trustworthy) in the pic in front of the house if possible. If you are Explaining a weed to an attractive woman customer--so much the better. Well OK. Use your wife in front of your own house. You can probably write off her salon appointment as a business expense. If you can get a pic in front of a familiar landmark in your town--that is even better. Offer to feed and maintain the area around that "Welcome to Anytown" sign--use that picture next year. Printers will be happy to include your pics if you give them plenty of advance notice and let them help you select the best photos to use.

Arcadius Rex
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I get stuff on my door that is embarrassing to look at.

Though I understand that not everyone has the money or is REALLY serious about this business because many are in it to just make ends meet - or they are just plain flakes - it is still disturbing when I see flyers or door hangers that are just thrown together to get a name out there.

I believe that if you are serious and going to do it at all, you should do it right - high quality presentation with attention to detail and quality, CAREFULLY TARGETED information.

LawnoftheMonth
12-09-2010, 09:20 PM
3000doorhangers.com

TheBetterDoorhanger
12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers with advertising is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the ad in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing door hangers. Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement (door hanger, post card, flyer etc) on the door and off the lawn. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed easily & securely attach your door hanger to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!
5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

rnd
12-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Visit RNDSigns.com to see exclusive images and layouts to grow your business that are exclusive to the green industry. Custom door hangers, postcards, statement stuffers, brochures at a very affordable price.

Visit our website to see current promotions and new options we offer for our full colored signs

Turfdoctor1
12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers with advertising is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the ad in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing door hangers. Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement (door hanger, post card, flyer etc) on the door and off the lawn. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed easily & securely attach your door hanger to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!
5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

Those are really good prices. I'm going to check that out.

TheBetterDoorhanger
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Those are really good prices. I'm going to check that out.

Thank you! We have great Lawn & Landscaping Templates to choose from as well as custom graphic design - if you would like some printed samples just let me know & I can mail some out to you. ~ Robin
robin@adeasprinting.com

ted putnam
12-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank you! We have great Lawn & Landscaping Templates to choose from as well as custom graphic design - if you would like some printed samples just let me know & I can mail some out to you. ~ Robin
robin@adeasprinting.com

I'd like to see what you have in the way of lawn and landscape templates as well. I checked out your website and went to the link with the photos. There were many to choose from. More than I had time to go through. I'll e-mail you with my address if that is OK.

IRS
12-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Hey folks thanks for your input on door hangers, I used A'des, they do a great job, check out there single page calendar makes a nice give a way this time of year, people can count the days till your next service.

JBlawn
12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
i used adeas cant beat the quality for the price like the band it and stick it too.