PDA

View Full Version : Lot cleanup as an ad to commercial contract

Maco Services
11-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I've got a couple new commerical contracts coming up, some of which are small accounts as far as grass concerned, mostly weed control and lot maintenance. In part of our bid, we are offering to blow lots clean "x" times per month in the fall. This is 99% geared towards leaf removal, not debris.

The more I think about it, why not just use a Walker with a GHS deck to vacuum everything up in 1/4 of the time to blow leaves from 1 side of the property to the other.

Does anyone use their Walker for something like this, or are lot blowers and vacuums the only way to go? I've never used a lot vacuum or a lot blower, so pardon the inexperience. Im trying to utilize equipment we already use in the day/day business if it makes sense to do so.

Thoughts, experiences? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

zlssefi
11-23-2010, 07:11 AM
I have a walker that we use here for fall cleanups. It has very good vacuum under the deck and will eat leaves like theres no tomorrow. It will pickup alot of sticks and acorns but will not get every single one....

stan the man
11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
i have 3 walkers and 1 exmark to me exmark sucks better then the walker. on clean ups the way to go

Maco Services
11-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Anyone ever used them to pickup off pavement for collecting leaves on a commercial property were material is blown out of the lawn/landscape areas?

Thanks in advance for the comments.
Posted via Mobile Device

stan the man
11-23-2010, 09:17 AM
i have with my walkers. i have to pull the pins and stand on the deck. to get the deck on the pavement.it picks up not top of the line. my exmark have not try it.

Maco Services
11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Ahh, didn't think about that. Without the grass acting like a gasket to help airflow, I can see how it wouldn't pick up as well on pavement. What type of blades do you have on it?

Would putting a high lift blade on potentially help the suction loss and make it a better bagger during leaf season?
Posted via Mobile Device

stan the man
11-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Ahh, didn't think about that. Without the grass acting like a gasket to help airflow, I can see how it wouldn't pick up as well on pavement. What type of blades do you have on it?

Would putting a high lift blade on potentially help the suction loss and make it a better bagger during leaf season?
Posted via Mobile Device

i use high lift blade