PDA

View Full Version : Decora Astro Timers

Pro-Scapes
11-23-2010, 08:53 AM
We have been a pretty big fan of Aube timers for a few years now. Had a few problems with them but alot of them are trouble free. I had to find an Ivory colored one for 5 locations in a house we are currently doing (to control the line voltage porch lights and client declined UPB) so I went with one from Leviton. The price is compareable to the Aubes but I found it MUCH easier to program and its backlit to boot. Came with 3 face plates in Ivory, White and Light almond. It uses a true date vs just number of day of the year. Automatically does DST and computes sunrise and sunset. I found it more accurate in these calculations than the Aube without having to use any offset

I was very happy with the easy of use and the look of the finished installation. We are waiting for the landscape to be pruned and mulched at this location then will be getting photos inside and out of the lighting.

http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=484311&section=31715&minisite=10025

niteliters
11-26-2010, 10:56 AM
didn't see,at a glance, how long battery lasts. Do you know

irrig8r
11-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Does it self-adjust for DST?

niteliters
11-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Does it self-adjust for DST?

yes it does

Pro-Scapes
11-26-2010, 08:09 PM
didn't see,at a glance, how long battery lasts. Do you know

No idea how long battery back up lasts but I installed one in my shop for the ceiling lights. I will leave it for a week then cut power to it for a few days and see. I think if it will hold program for several days to a week without power its good to go.

When you set it up there is an option for auto DST. Some places do not observe it like Phoenix

niteliters
11-27-2010, 11:37 AM
No idea how long battery back up lasts but I installed one in my shop for the ceiling lights. I will leave it for a week then cut power to it for a few days and see. I think if it will hold program for several days to a week without power its good to go.

When you set it up there is an option for auto DST. Some places do not observe it like Phoenix

look forward to hearing about your test

Pro-Scapes
12-12-2010, 11:21 AM
look forward to hearing about your test

Happy to report after a week with no power it came back on with correct program verified right after i powered it up.

No issues thus far. Chris it fits nice in the Magnums too. Simple to wire up since the red and blace wires are right there as is a seperate nuetral lead. Installing it in a magnum took me under 3 min. Total installation time with programing was under 10.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-09-2011, 10:55 AM
I would love to hear an update on this timer. How is it performing in the field? Any issues thus far?