PDA

View Full Version : Can the KombiMotor use Poulan attachments?

Johntodd
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi; I'm new here, please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place.

My question is simple. I am in the process of upgrading my equipment. I have a well-used and now worn out Poulan Pro powerhead and the Poulan pole saw attachment. I am looking at buying something from the Stihl KombiMotor system for a new powerhead.

My question is: Will my Poulan pole saw attachment work with the new powerhead? THe pole saw attachment works wonderfully for now, so I'll buy the Stihl one when this one wears out later.

I am managing 52 acres of land that needs extensive pruning and forest management.

Thank you very much for your help;
John

Johntodd
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Can anyone offer me some advice on this? I know you folks are very knowledgeable about such things.

Anyone? Help me lawnsite-kenobi, you're my only hope.

:)
Thanks;
-Johntodd

bmxdude
11-27-2010, 12:12 AM
The ryobi attachments fit in my stihl kombi if the poulan has a little push down spring thingy it should slide right into the grove on the kombi and your ready to roll.

Buck_wheat
11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
I believe commercial combi units have proprietary attachments. I wouldn't use Poulan on my Stihl. In fact as a pro, I, wouldn't use Poulan at all.

Johntodd
11-27-2010, 11:43 AM
The ryobi attachments fit in my stihl kombi if the poulan has a little push down spring thingy it should slide right into the grove on the kombi and your ready to roll.

Yeah, I it does have a spring loaded button that helps it lock in. Thanks! I think this may work out.

And I'm a Pro, but not a very experienced one. The Poulan attachment is already purchased and well used, so I'll use it until it breaks. Which it will.

Thanks to all!
-Johntodd

Buck_wheat
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I it does have a spring loaded button that helps it lock in. Thanks! I think this may work out.

And I'm a Pro, but not a very experienced one. The Poulan attachment is already purchased and well used, so I'll use it until it breaks. Which it will.

Thanks to all!
-Johntodd

Don't void the warranty... best of luck :)

Johntodd
11-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks! 'ppreciate it.