PDA

View Full Version : Tree Removal Bidding Help

PTP
11-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey guys,

I have a customer that wants me to remove a 35' oak from his front yard. He wants it all gone - stump and all. I am fairly confident that I can handle the job but am somewhat unsure of how to bid it. I am thinking that it would take 10 to 15 man hours for the entire thing and that puts my price in the range of $700 - $1000. Am I in the ballpark here?

Thanks.

nameistaken
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Sounds like your price is low. Is this tree 35' tall or is the canopy 35' wide? What is the width of the trunk? Will you be using a lift or ladders? Using a chipper/shredder or hauling buy trailer? Using a stump grinder or a backhoe to get the stump out? How is the accessibility to the tree? Can you get a few pics of the tree so we can get a better idea?

PTP
11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
The tree is about 35' high. Access is good as you can see from the picture. I think that it is about 12" or 14" at the trunk.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/OKShooter1/IMAG0035.jpg

PTP
11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Still need a little help here.

Thanks.

Barrett Landscaping
11-24-2010, 05:59 PM
just to take the tree i would he at $500 plus the stump....that tree should only take 2 hours or so to take down and have loaded. the stump grinding is where it will most likely cost you more than its worth if you dont have your own grinder. probably best to sub that out.

FLAhaulboy
11-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Easy tree here. You can go to HD and rent a grinder for half a day (4 hr rate). If I were doing this job, I'd charge $450 plus the price to rent grinder. I'd be using it for fire wood.

Seems ODD he has the house for sell and wants to cut down a nice (and the only one out front) tree! I'd think the house would have a better chance to sell with the tree than w/o it.

PTP
11-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Seems ODD he has the house for sell and wants to cut down a nice (and the only one out front) tree! I'd think the house would have a better chance to sell with the tree than w/o it.

Yes, I thought the same thing. However, the shade is hard on the bermuda grass and he likes the grass more than he likes the tree.

I sold the job today for $650 including the stump removal. Thanks for your help.

nameistaken
11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
The thing that concerns me is what are your city codes and ordinances with cutting down a live tree? We have to go through our tree committee to get approval taking down a live tree.

Kevin M.
11-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I have a simple but totally overlooked question. Do you have the correct insurance to cut this tree down and second of all the equipment ? That tree will easily load two trailers of limbs and logs and like the other poster said you better make sure you have the correct permit to cut the tree down.

PTP
11-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I do have the equipment and insurance. I specifically checked on that before I bid it. Thank you though.

Barrett Landscaping
11-25-2010, 09:43 AM
you can easily fit that tree into a 14' trailer no problem.

T-Trim
05-05-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm sure that tree is gone since my reply. But why. It's in a good location on the property