PDA

View Full Version : Zones

kbcjlc
08-23-2002, 05:22 AM
I requested two irrigation companies to do the estimate and I am surprise that one said three zones are good enough and other guy said 6 zones and i did draw and send off to Rain Bird, they said i need 10 zones..... All are different?

One irrigation company did the measure on SQ FT and other just walk by around the yard.

I beleive Rain Bird have the exact info. what I will need is 10 zones.

Keith

dforbes
08-23-2002, 09:50 PM
The irrigation suppliers in our area are more than happy to design a system for contractors if you have a problem. If you have a drawing of the project, and pressures they will be glad to help you get started.
Dennis

turfman59
08-28-2002, 02:27 PM
What makes you think the Rain Bird design is right?
I made the biggest mistake by letting them design mine 5 years ago before I became a contractor....If you would like me to elaborate let me know....The big question is what is the supply currently.or what can it be if modified to how long is your irrigation window

chemtech
09-09-2002, 02:22 AM
System design is fiqured on alot of things, pressure loss, pipe size, rotor and spray style, system brand, etc... different contractors design different ways. we do our designs and take them to our supplier and have them look them over or we will have them design it and look them over. That way is 2 opinons on the layout. One contract may have put more rotors on the system which takes less of than sprays etc...