PDA

View Full Version : Calling SEO Experts - Discussion

JimLewis
11-24-2010, 12:13 AM
I am looking to network with a few other LCOs or Landscapers who have proven skills in the SEO department. That is, your site comes up #1 on Google (or close to #1) for a variety of terms.

If you're that good, I want to start a conversation (probably via email) to share tricks, tips, strategies, etc.

As for me, I currently have the #1 spot for over 75 keyword phrases and on page 1 Google for 130+ phrases related to the cities I service.

I'm looking for someone (not from my area) who has had similar success and skills in the SEO department. I think we could feed off each other's success. Please let me know if you're interested.

topsites
11-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Word of advice, take it from someone who has built more than one Web site and who has
gained a rather thorough understanding of spiders, their processes, purpose and function.

To be short, a spider's purpose is to index Web and the purpose of a meta tag is to give
that spider precise, specific, structured information as defined by the consortium.
No, that's not a joke.

You take on this SEO stuff, you're playing with fire.
And I don't care who they say or how good they think they are.
They don't own the engine and neither do you.

Put another way...
I can get you number one, but I refuse to do it because I won't accept the responsibility
of putting you in a position where they'll ban you for spamming if they catch you.
Once your domain is banned from an engine it could take years to get that cleared up, if it ever does.

And if they don't catch you maybe a local competitor of yours finds little amusement in it and reports you?
No sir.

So...
Best I can tell you is build it for your visitors and let the engines do their job.

JimLewis
11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
You apparently misread my post. I don't need anyone to help me get to #1 position. We're already there. For over 70 different search terms. And have been for 2 years now.

I'm looking for people who really know SEO. But thanks for chiming in anyway.... :rolleyes: