Here is a video on the new XT5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89q6-v2JfLE

Regards
George Kinkead
President
TURFCO

lawnlandscape
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Is it not a core aerator? Maybe its just the video.. but I don't see it pulling out any cores.

How much $$$?

grassman177
11-24-2010, 09:55 PM
now that is pretty funny, but true. it does however look easy to operate and built with service in mind.

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Is it not a core aerator? Maybe its just the video.. but I don't see it pulling out any cores.

How much $$$?

Kind of like the LS videos other then the ride-on videos. Both the LS walk-behind aerators videos where are the plugs. Lets see some cores from both manufactures.

fatboynormmie
11-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Kind of like the LS videos other then the ride-on videos. Both the LS walk-behind aerators videos where are the plugs. Lets see some cores from both manufactures.

Same question I was asking about the plugs.I do see they use the better Briggs engine with the oil filter . My LS has the same engine sans the filter.I always perfer a pressurized engine.It should live longer while running on hills.

Rayholio
11-26-2010, 10:50 AM
sorry... I will never walk behind an aerator..

lawnlandscape
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
sorry... I will never walk behind an aerator..

Sorry, but there are many lawns that won't be getting done with anything else.

ted putnam
11-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't have an aeration machine but I would like to get one. I can rent one locally for $200 for 5 days...a Classen 18??? It looked like it would be a barrel of laughs to use. I watched the LS video a few months back it looked like it would almost be a joy to use(seriously). I didn't get that from this video. It looked like it would almost "sling-shot" you around corners and the guy in particular looked like he had to bend over quite a bit, almost like the handles needed adjusting. Just my observations. If priced about the same, my money would be on the LS machine for sure.

fatboynormmie
11-26-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't have an aeration machine but I would like to get one. I can rent one locally for $200 for 5 days...a Classen 18??? It looked like it would be a barrel of laughs to use. I watched the LS video a few months back it looked like it would almost be a joy to use(seriously). I didn't get that from this video. It looked like it would almost "sling-shot" you around corners and the guy in particular looked like he had to bend over quite a bit, almost like the handles needed adjusting. Just my observations. If priced about the same, my money would be on the LS machine for sure.

Leave the classen at the rental shop.They are no fun to wrestle.I think the operator in the video was just learning to operate the machine .He definitely didn't look like a smooth operator.It looks like it works very similar to the LS unit but the new handle on the ta21 does look a bit taller.Looks like the xt5 and the ta21 core about the same from the video's ,didn't see many plugs.XT5 does have an engine oil filter,removable tine cover and external chains so the maintenance may be easier then the ta21. Plus the good turfco name and backing. I think when the new LS dual hydro hits next spring it might leave these units in the dust.

MOW ED
11-26-2010, 07:47 PM

How much $$$?

I'm with you. I didn't see any cores being pulled. I will give you that it is easier to maneuver than a conventional WB aerator but where are the cores?

CHARLES CUE
11-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm with you. I didn't see any cores being pulled. I will give you that it is easier to maneuver than a conventional WB aerator but where are the cores?

So do you guys think that these mechines don't pull plugs. I don't think there is any great new technoagy here as far as pulling plug.

So much wight will only push the tine in the ground so far. Depending on soil codishin.

These mechines do not go very good if the tines are not ingaged the tines drive the mechine.

Charles Cue

lawnlandscape
11-27-2010, 09:18 PM
So do you guys think that these mechines don't pull plugs. I don't think there is any great new technoagy here as far as pulling plug.

So much wight will only push the tine in the ground so far. Depending on soil codishin.

These mechines do not go very good if the tines are not ingaged the tines drive the mechine.

Charles Cue

omg! Learn how to spell!!! (or at least use the spell check)

CHARLES CUE
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
omg! Learn how to spell!!! (or at least use the spell check)

Thank you

Charles Cue

Barefoot James
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Leave the classen at the rental shop.They are no fun to wrestle.I think the operator in the video was just learning to operate the machine .He definitely didn't look like a smooth operator.It looks like it works very similar to the LS unit but the new handle on the ta21 does look a bit taller.Looks like the xt5 and the ta21 core about the same from the video's ,didn't see many plugs.XT5 does have an engine oil filter,removable tine cover and external chains so the maintenance may be easier then the ta21. Plus the good turfco name and backing. I think when the new LS dual hydro hits next spring it might leave these units in the dust.

Amen - check them out - New video's - http://www.youtube.com/user/LawnSolutionsCP