PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Plows

brent crumley
11-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Any thoughts on leaf plows for leaf cleanup. looking for info from actual users. thks. Brent

steveo95
11-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I've asked a similar question and the responses were helpful.
What I have learned so far...
They really help compared to straight tarps and blowers
JRCO is about $400
The piles get really compact
Work better on hydros than belts

mowerbrad
11-24-2010, 11:27 PM
If you have to move PILES of leaves from one place to another, they are great. You just have to be able to pile the leaves with blowers first.

What exactly do you want to know about leaf plows?

Evan528
11-24-2010, 11:43 PM
They have saved us a lot of time! 10X quicker then tarping and so much easier.

Steve is right about them really compacting the piles of leaves. I would not recomend using the plow if you will be the one vacuuming up the piles......

SDLandscapes VT
11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Great if you have a truckloader otherwise probably not going to save you time. We have the 55" JRCO on a 48" Bobcat hydro and it works great for heavy density clean-ups (big piles)

Darryl G
11-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Buddy of mine that I sub sometimes has one. He learned the hard way that you have to take it easy and watch for stumps and rocks etc...it doesn't take much to mess them up. No hot dogging it with them!!!!

LB1234
11-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Great if you have a truckloader otherwise probably not going to save you time.

how so???

we use ours to push into a pile for our loader AND to just push into the street and or wooded areas of other customers houses.

RGM
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Its saved me a bunch of time on jobs. I make my own out of an old wire shelf and a metal sign post.

SDLandscapes VT
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
it does okay to push to the woods, we don't have municipal leaf removal so if you dont have a leaf loader you are better off to tarp the leaves and put them right in the truck--saves you from handling them multiple times

MOW ED
11-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I bought a leaf plow many years ago and had it on for 1 season. It worked ok but some leaves snuck under the fingers. I now just put the deck of my z down to 1" and use the Z to push leaves to where ever I need to. The plow is an OK piece of equipment and I know some of you have very good luck with them but I really have worked just as efficiently without it.

Southern Elegance
11-26-2010, 08:23 PM
bought mine this season, after looking at them for years, cut 3 guys off our leaf crew and have had no overtime this leaf season. best piece of equipment i ever bought. i am very impressed with it, never thought it would work .. would buy lock nuts to put it together with, have had a few "stock" nuts come loose

sven1277
11-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I think they work better with a multi man crew. We use ours everyday. You need to blow the leaves into piles or lines. One person will use the plow to move the piles while one or two other guys use b/p blowers to rebuild the pile from what was missed. It is only good for moving piles, but is great at that task.

yardmanlee
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM
better than dragging tarps full of leaves! it cuts our time in half on properties, had mine for 5 years, home made

land_scaper70
11-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Its saved me a bunch of time on jobs. I make my own out of an old wire shelf and a metal sign post.

Can you post a picture of your homemade leaf plow? I would like to see, as I am sure others would. I have had a JRCO for 4 seasons, the plow moves the piles after you can no longer blow the pile any more, push the leaves to where you want them, blow into another pile and push again. Beats setting a tarp, loading a tarp than dragging, start all over again. T.I.M.(Time Is Money)