PDA

View Full Version : imprellis kill time

lawntennis
11-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Anyone know how long it takes before you see twisting or some sign of effectiveness for imprellis?

Think Green
11-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I have just read about this new product.......or so called product. I don't believe it is registered in all states yet. The literature I received on it doesn't give much more details. It is a different type of Pyridine so the effects are hormonal at best, so tests will tell.
I tried to google the active ingredient and didn't come across anything more informative.
If anyone else has more information, I will be willing to read it and pass it on.

grassman177
11-25-2010, 02:01 PM
i have looked into it and if i remember it is about 4 days to a week for shriveling, but longer for what they consider "total death", but basically the same as any of hte newer herbicides like the pro form series from PBI GORDON which i use.

i am getting some for this spring to use on all my fall seeded lawns as we had a large reoccurance of weeds in the bare areas or thin areas due to a very dry fall and poor overally seed germination.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Will be keenly interested in hearing about other's experience with Imprelis.
I am mainly interested due to a more friendly signal word (caution I believe, instead of danger).

grassman177
11-29-2010, 07:38 PM
i am going to be using it this spring with all the areas i am sure are not established enough from either fall seeding or the dormant seeding to clear out the onslaught of weeds that cam in those bare areas we could not treat then due to seeding. cant wait!

nik
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Here's the Master label they sent to EPA. Not all uses/sites/directions, etc. will necessarily appear on the container you buy. Bit it does show lawn rates

Think Green
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
I will read the label further and in more depth, but If I am forced to supply all hidden documents on this product to landfills and customers, it will be shot down like a sick goose.
Why make this product so we all have to be the bad messenger.

grassman177
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
what are you talking about?

Turf Dawg
11-30-2010, 09:19 AM
what are you talking about?

I think he is talking about not being able to use the clippings for compost, so if they use a landfill that recycles clippings and such they cannot use ones that have been treated with this.

grassman177
11-30-2010, 09:52 AM
gotcha, i was wondering what the heck!

i think mose herbicides have that kind of restriction, or at least i know i would impose it myself to not re use clippings treated with pesticides of any kind for compost

NattyLawn
11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
I think most 2-4,D based herbicides give a time frame after spraying (I think 2 weeks) until the clippings can be used again. Tenacity and Imprellis don't give a time frame. Is it permanent?

I could be wrong about the 2,4-D labels though.

grassman177
11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
permanent, i dont know, but you can spray it 8 times per year so there cant be too much residual or am i thinking all wrong here

NattyLawn
11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Permanent was the wrong word to use, but the Tenacity label mentions not planting anything but turf on the sprayed areas 18 months after the final Tenacity app. Yikes.

The soil residual I believe is there. Imprellis has some odd restrictions as well. Check out page 7:

http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/assets/downloads/pdfs/H65717.pdf

All this means is that there's no silver bullet that will be more safe while not affecting the soil as well. Yet....

grassman177
11-30-2010, 04:13 PM
i found the restictions to be of no odd nature save the difference between warm season grasses and seeding. 60 days is a long time to wait to seed, but it is only warm season which is ok with me i deal with fescue and bluegrass

Think Green
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Grassman,
You guys figured out what I was saying. My labels do not restrict or imply the information to be given to our customers or landfills. Other than that, I don't use anything that would otherwise be considered a major restricted material. Our landfill already checks the grasses brought in by code of the PC&E and they are allowing us to dump as long as things don't get too out of check. I am sure there are some things about this listing that will be changed.

Pythium
12-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I went to a seminar on Acelpryn and Imprellis on Friday. You do have to VERBALLY or IN WRITING inform the homeowner NOT to use the clippings for compost or mulch.
The research shows that Imprellis has a pretty good residual. 90+days. However it won't touch Oxalis. Supposed to be great on clover, wild violet and ground ivy. Had slides showing with pics of those three toasted by Imprellis.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Spurge and broadleaf plantain?

Pythium
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Plantains good, Spurge not sure..didn't mention it. Knot weed it is so-so like everything else, if you get it out early enough it will kill it. No temp restrictions on Imprellis.

grassman177
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
what about the dandelions?

Pythium
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
It will kill dandelions, but at the 4oz/A rate. The rep recommended using that rate. Clover, wild violet, and ground ivy were killed at the 3.5oz /A rate. Go figure.

By my calculations if you purchased the 2.5 gal jug, at the 4oz/A rate that is $0.46/m. Not too much over what weed control costs us now. Where I see this being useful is large senior communities, schools and other similar type properties, due to its' supposed no order, and >5000 dermal/oral LD50's. This is a excellent product safety wise. Also you can spray it right before or after seeding and it does a excellent job of preventing weeds from infiltrating newly seeded turf.
They are coming out with the 1 acre packs in the spring for around 50-60 bucks. I think I am going to put it to use on my lawn and 1 route of easy to please customers and test it this spring.

lawntennis
12-11-2010, 09:22 AM
It would be nice to have the gregson clark system that has a hose thats sprays two products. You could just use it on the tough weeds.

grassman177
12-11-2010, 10:41 AM
i also want to use some this spring on lawns since i did so much seeding and not all of it took due to dry weather.

HayBay
12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
What about crabgrass guys?

Martinslawnsvc
12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I talked to a Dupont rep yesterday, and he said the compost band on Imprellis is for at least 6 months after you spray...

lawntennis
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
not labeled for crabgrass. They are going to put it on granular next year. In the northeast it might be nice to have it on dimension or some other pre-emergent. It has such a long residual you would be able to take care of your spring weeds and summer annuals with one application. Would probably be pricey

HayBay
12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the info

callapp
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Imprelis is a great product. Used it this fall and looking forward to see the results next spring. I paid $850 for one gallon. Cost about $26 an acre to use. Seems to do a great job on wild violets and you can spray just before a rain.

grass4gas
01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
not labeled for crabgrass. They are going to put it on granular next year. In the northeast it might be nice to have it on dimension or some other pre-emergent. It has such a long residual you would be able to take care of your spring weeds and summer annuals with one application. Would probably be pricey

Why would they do this? Does it "not" affect shrubs and flowers? Maybe use it on wide open lawns where this would not be an issue? IDK

CHARLES CUE
01-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Imprelis is a great product. Used it this fall and looking forward to see the results next spring. I paid $850 for one gallon. Cost about $26 an acre to use. Seems to do a great job on wild violets and you can spray just before a rain.

So what kind of results did you see on the violets during the fall and at what rate did you use?

Charles Cue

RigglePLC
01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
here is the label. http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/Products_and_Services/Imprelis/index.html

http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/Products_and_Services/Imprelis/index.html

Imprellis has both top and root absorption--and it acts as a hormone product like 2,4-d, but you use a lot less, more effective, and safer. Also safe for new grass after seeding.

callapp
01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Dr. Charles Silcox who made the product told me that a little bit in the beds won't hurt the flowers and shrubs. Just be reasonable and don't get alot in the beds. If we can put this product on as a granular it will save us a lot of time.Why would they do this? Does it "not" affect shrubs and flowers? Maybe use it on wide open lawns where this would not be an issue? IDK

callapp
01-07-2011, 12:01 PM
So what kind of results did you see on the violets during the fall and at what rate did you use?

Charles Cue

I used 4 0z. per acre. I didn't use it till the end of October. Looked like the violets were curling but they die in the winter anyhow. That is why I'm holding my judgement till Spring and see if the violets will be back then.

RigglePLC
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Violets are fine for the winter around here--perennial--very perennial.

RigglePLC
01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
DA Quality,
I recently saw some information from a university source that indicated that T-Zone was highly effective on spotted spurge. Best available. I hope so; I hate spurge.
Here is the information from Gordons.

http://www.pbigordon.com/professional/page.php?id=827

grassman177
01-07-2011, 09:59 PM
we dont get much spurge since starting using barricade

grass4gas
01-08-2011, 10:15 AM
DA Quality,
I recently saw some information from a university source that indicated that T-Zone was highly effective on spotted spurge. Best available. I hope so; I hate spurge.
Here is the information from Gordons.

http://www.pbigordon.com/professional/page.php?id=827

Riggle,

I used T-Zone last summer and early fall, both on irrigated and non irrigated lawns. We all know how hot and dry it was. A couple of things to point out...

1. It is expensive compared to other products. I used it mainly when I had heavy infestations of nutgrass, along with spraying for BL, and was spraying it out of both the PG and the backpack. It seems to have worked well...especially the nutgrass. Even though the label says "supression" for nutgrass, this stuff turned that pretty lime green nutgrass to a beautiful shade of brown. I'll know this spring if it was "supression" or complete kill. I was spraying this in temps that were in the upper 80's...no burning issues whether the lawns were watered or not. Use common sense tho, if the lawns are completely dormant, don't go spraying.

2. If your only worried about spurge, I would use chaser ester. Compared to T-Zone, it's about $100.00 cheaper per case. I will use the T-Zone in lawns when dealing with both nutgrass and broadleafs.

3. It has a very strange, if not pungent odor to it. IDK if it is because of the sulfentrazone or just the combo of the ingredients.

Over-all, a nice product to have in the arsenal.

RigglePLC
01-08-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't like Chaser ester as well--there is no dicamba--which is important for the tough weeds. I like it for its effect on spurge.