PDA

View Full Version : Mounting racks on enclosed walls

grasscutter845
11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I got my Pace Summit enclosed trailer a couple months ago and just getting around to mounting my reacks now. When you guys mount do you always grab a beam or do you only go to the ply wood. I know for the racks that will have more weight its best to get a beam but idk what everybody else does? Also what type of screws and how long do you use? I have 3/8 walls.

RGM
11-25-2010, 02:20 PM
When I had my enclosed trailer I mounted everything to beams and put a couple of nice plywood shelves in the front

grasscutter845
12-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Anybody? This is going to be my project when I'm done with clean ups.
Posted via Mobile Device

HLCS
12-12-2010, 02:38 PM
we mark the walls where the rack will be. drill a 1/8 " pilot hole. remove the plywood wall and insert 5/16" tee nuts on the back side of the wall. put the wall back and use locktite on the bolts. never had one fail in 15 years. when you try to put screws in the wall studs, you have to use a smaller screws and they are not as strong. we also cut short pieces of pvc pipe of various sizes and fasten it to the walls for small tool storage. empty tube means go look for the tool you left behind. it's a lot more work this way, but we found it to be the safest strongest way to protect your equipment. hope this helps.

South Florida Lawns
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Mount them to the beam's with self tapping screws and use alot of thread lock. My racks are always bouncing and working the screws loose.