PDA

View Full Version : Insert Dump Bed

Doug Price
11-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I have recently purchased a 2007 2 door silverado with an 8ft bed and am looking into putting an insert dump bed on it. I have no clue what the good brands are or which way to go with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Puddle of Oil
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Bri-mar, truck craft, ez dump

Truck craft has aluminum insert witch last longer and weighs less but cost almost double from steel inserts. Do a search on those 3, you'll find a lot of info.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
11-25-2010, 04:36 PM
we have a bri-mar and have had great luck with it, it is done well, and we got the landscape retracting tarp for it too which is good for plants, and just keeping the stuff from blowing out driving . we have ours on a 97 ford hd

djagusch
11-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I have a truckcraft alum bought it used and it has saved so much time with clean ups. Well worth the investment.
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
11-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a truckcraft alum bought it used and it has saved so much time with clean ups. Well worth the investment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Got pictures?

djagusch
11-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Got pictures?

Its like 10 degrees out. Maybe tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

MowinginEureka
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
If its a half ton, go with the truckcraft aluminum insert. Any other insert will weigh so much you will not be able to dump much more than a load of grass if you are lucky. These weigh about 420 lbs, and steel ones weigh about double that. But these aluminum ones are double the price too. About 4-5k new. If you do go with a steel insert, you will likely need Overload Springs or an add a leaf kit. I have the aluminum truckcraft insert myself, I also have the optional headache rack. In my old F250, I can handle a full yard of rock (about 2000 lbs) without completely bottoming out my suspension or overloading the dump. It supports dumping way more than my truck can haul, I think mines rated for 5,500 lbs and the new ones do 7000 for the aluminum and the steel ones do 6200lbs. Heres the link to the aluminum truckcraft bed insert.
http://www.truckcraft.com/productDetail.asp?id=2&cID=
And the steel truckcraft dump bed insert is here.
http://www.truckcraft.com/productDetail.asp?id=1&cID=

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/goofycookiepics/truckrig2.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/goofycookiepics/truckrig.jpg

The Captain
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM
I have a steel insert for my 8' bed, made by Bagley of Alliance, just outside of Canton Ohio. I don't know if they are still there or not but it is a good unit. Cost about $2300 intalled. I've juat moved it from my 1995 Silverado to a 2011 Ram 1500. No problems in 6 years of use.

grassman177
11-25-2010, 10:31 PM
ours is on a truck with overload springs so it does not hurt it, or the tow capacity much. it is a bit on the weaker side vs a real dump though as we have both. we use it manily for hauling trash, and for shrub trimming and leaf removals(sticks and blowers go in the back) we have however used it for dirt and rock, but the amount of load is not all that big so we use if for the single small jobs. we have used it for bulk mulch and it did very well as long as the mulch is not too wet. let me see if i can find a pic of that truck for you

soloscaperman
11-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Looks good. I saw a guy with a steel one and the poor truck was like 3 inches lower and the dump was 80% smaller then the bed.What I mean was the dump left too much wasted space and it looked stupid. Aluminum may cost more but less stress on the truck and MPG will be better then the heavy ones.

BlackBirdWS.6
11-26-2010, 01:26 AM
I have a TruckCraft as well as a Bagely and both are very high quality. If you can I would say go with TruckCraft aluminum and light so you don't have to worry about rust etc. Also I would go with a telescopic dump over a scissor lift they are just better in my personal opinion.

THEENER
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Check this truck bed out at www.theenerbuilt.com i am building some of these for a large landscape outfit that are smaller and will go on a pick-up chasis-cab. It side-loads and side dumps.

Puddle of Oil
11-27-2010, 11:44 PM
To solve the rust problem, just spray line x all over it!
Posted via Mobile Device

BlackBirdWS.6
11-27-2010, 11:48 PM
To solve the rust problem, just spray line x all over it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nooo! i Herculied mine and as soon as it was full of grass and raised up..nothing fell out unless you gave it some gas and slams. Then had to go and scrape it out:cry: