PDA

View Full Version : Who uses a Mac?

NickD
11-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Wanted to know if theres any software out there for the mac for scheduling and keeping track of your accounts. Im aware QB's is mac compatible but thats not what I'm looking for. Theres a lot of software out there but its all PCbased:hammerhead: from the research ive done....but possibly i didnt look hard enough. Maybe there is nothing out there for the mac......if so mac users do you use your computer for your business and how so? Thanks for the help.

soloscaperman
11-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Buy a netbook or laptop cheap for like $250-$500 so you can bring with you as well. Not sure why you have a MAC though LOL.

mark123
11-26-2010, 02:18 AM
I wonder how scheduling would work in iCal. Yeah, there is one industry that is still lacking on the Mac side and that's this industry.

It doesn't make any sense in this day and age to limit yourself to one platform. Web based apps are where it's at. I was working on something last winter but I got busy. I don't know what sort of spare time I'll have now that the season is over.

DollarSign
11-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Buy a netbook or laptop cheap for like $250-$500 so you can bring with you as well. Not sure why you have a MAC though LOL.

Because some of us don't want to deal with virus protection and prefer to have something that is actually a quality product. I bought my macbook in 08 and I'll never buy windows again most likely

NickD
11-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I agree with you on that one. I got mine in 06 nothing has ever gone wrong with it and ive never had a virus. Its a brilliant idea.....the mac that is :p

DollarSign
11-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Glad you agree, that soloscaper guy posts the dumbest things....

And to answer your question, I have not really found anything that is Mac compatible except QB for Mac, but that's because I've never needed to look. QB for Mac is the one of the best things out there.

soloscaperman
11-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Use some common sense and you shouldn't have a virus. I have had Windows 98 to Windows XP all these years and only had 3 viruses. I have no anti virus software but keep windows up to date. I still have Windows XP Pro and runs like butter. The reason why MACS may seem better is because it's software limited so there is less of a problem. Macs do get viruses. Remember MAc's only own 10% of the PC market so there are "less" problems. Why be limited with an OS like Macs??

Just because it cost more doesn't mean it's better. Don't tell me you drink Starbucks coffee and also drive a Prius right?? ;-)

mark123
11-26-2010, 02:49 AM
Use some common sense and you shouldn't have a virus. I have had Windows 98 to Windows XP all these years and only had 3 viruses. I have no anti virus software but keep windows up to date. I still have Windows XP Pro and runs like butter. The reason why MACS may seem better is because it's software limited so there is less of a problem. Macs do get viruses. Remember MAc's only own 10% of the PC market so there are "less" problems. Why be limited with an OS like Macs??

Just because it cost more doesn't mean it's better. Don't tell me you drink Starbucks coffee and also drive a Prius right?? ;-)
Please, buddy, don't do that. It's silly. The no virus due to lower market share is the goofiest thing I've ever heard.

Doing real computer work I use both Apple and Windows machines. In real world usage, I can get between 1.5 to 2 times the amount of work done on the Mac compared to the Windows box. That's just typing/coding/programming/debugging. Move to graphics work and the numbers aren't even comparable.

I've been using Macs since 1994 and so far zero viruses.

NickD
11-26-2010, 08:37 AM
I dont know if the Starbucks and Prius thing was directed to me or not but if so Starbucks yes.....Prius no but i wish...9 miles to the gallon is nothing short of fun and thats all stock! geez. If i remember correctly in the 4 years i've had my mac i think there has only been two trojan viruses created for the os x platform. Its just a far superior machine. side by side the os x will out do windows 7/vista/xp and so forth....numbers don't lie. Macs might be limited in software in the business aspect but i believe that will change with time. I've had mine since 06 like i said. Never had to get on a windows machine since. I've always be able to do what i need on my mac for school and my business.

NickD
11-26-2010, 08:39 AM
I will add.....the saying you get what you pay for really hits home when you think about putting a little extra money towards a Mac. well theres my PERSONAL opinion.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
11-26-2010, 09:39 AM
I bought my mac in 04 and it lasted strong until late 09 when it was dropped from 5'while it was on for the 3ed time. Lost everything on QB cuz I didn't back it up responsibly. Best computer ever. I can't wait till this xmas when I buy my new one! 1199$ compared to $2500 back then ,I'm stoked! Its like comparing a ford 550 to a s-10. U just can't compare the two brands! Most people who put down Macs just can't afford them or are afraid to switch! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

mark123
11-26-2010, 11:50 AM
... If i remember correctly in the 4 years i've had my mac i think there has only been two trojan viruses created for the os x platform. ...
Yes, and if you look back at the articles neither was found "in the wild".

soloscaperman
11-26-2010, 12:18 PM
I bought my mac in 04 and it lasted strong until late 09 when it was dropped from 5'while it was on for the 3ed time. Lost everything on QB cuz I didn't back it up responsibly. Best computer ever. I can't wait till this xmas when I buy my new one! 1199$ compared to $2500 back then ,I'm stoked! Its like comparing a ford 550 to a s-10. U just can't compare the two brands! Most people who put down Macs just can't afford them or are afraid to switch! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

I build computers, I am not dumb enough to spend 3 times for an apple with the same hardware as a normal PC. That apple tax is where Steve jobs keeps and shares the money with there Shareholders. I have a PC that I built for my brother and it still runs. It was built 10 years ago. AMD Duron LOL. Still runs and has Windows XP and still runs strong.

I just hand built a PC a few months ago for under $300 and prolly beats a $1200 Apple LOL. Still using Windows XP pro but the draw back is the age of the OS and it can only read 4GB of ram and is not 64 bit.

PerfectEarth
11-26-2010, 12:30 PM
UMmmm yea, not everyone goes out and BUILDS their own computers.

I have both- a MacBook Pro and a Toshiba laptop. The Windows unit just runs my QuickBooks and sits idle. It's worthless for what I do with the Mac.

The Mac runs SO well. It's always perfect.... I know what it's doing, always confident with it. My Windows computer???- Not so much. That thing runs terrible. Macs are worth the cost for me.

mark123
11-26-2010, 12:43 PM
... I just hand built a PC a few months ago for under $300 and prolly beats a $1200 Apple LOL. ... I'm going to just go ahead and doubt that from the start. Did you pay for the OS in that $300 computer or did you pirate it or are you doubling up on the license by using it on more than one computer?

I think you've got to realize that you have no idea what a Mac brings to the table.

Fireguy97
11-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I build computers, I am not dumb enough to spend 3 times for an apple with the same hardware as a normal PC.

I just hand built a PC a few months ago for under $300 and prolly beats a $1200 Apple LOL.

I'm going to just go ahead and doubt that from the start. Did you pay for the OS in that $300 computer or did you pirate it or are you doubling up on the license by using it on more than one computer?

I think you've got to realize that you have no idea what a Mac brings to the table.

I'm with Mark on that one.

Solobraincell, I have pulled apart and re-built countless vehicles in my years. That doesn’t mean that I can build a Ferrari. If you haven’t used and worked with a Mac, you can’t talk about how a PC pales in comparison to a Mac. As always, your logic and the micro-second of a thought that goes into your reasoning of any kind is astounding.

I have built many PC's over the years also until I saw the light. I now use a Mac.

Keep up the slow and less efficient work.

Mick

soloscaperman
11-26-2010, 08:58 PM
There is a reason why this thread is here, if he had a Windows OS he wouldn't be here. Fire97 guessing your a lazy fireman and doing landscaping on the side? Were you born in 1997 or are you 97 years old because your acting like it. You also said you built computers and saw the light. What light?? You mean how they charge 3X more for the hardware? Your only paying for the OS and the name. Keep drinking your cool aid. I give credit for Microsoft when the whole world is running on there system with millions of different hardware and software products. I don't think Apple will make it that far if they do they will be unstable. BLAME THE USER NOT THE PRODUCT. If you ever have time I can teach you how to use Windows and what browser to use. Maybe I came out lucky with my stuff but like I said the problem is the user.

Try Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 you may be impress. I will admit Vista was too over hyped for what it is.

Fireguy97
11-27-2010, 02:10 AM
You also said you built computers and saw the light. What light?? You mean how they charge 3X more for the hardware? Your only paying for the OS and the name.

The light of salvation my little unimaginative friend, the light of salvation. - The Mac. I don't care if I'm only paying for the keyboard, If it works one hundred times better and more efficient that a PC, I'd pay the price.

You still haven't answered the question that was asked..... Did you pay for your OS on the $300 PC, or did you pirate it?

I don't have a problem with MS getting credit for what they've done over the years, and they should get credit. I also know that Apple isn't really interested in getting to be the size that MS is. They would rather be a company that offers a superior product to a clientele that knows that there is a better product, and is willing to pay for it.

I don't need your training buckwheat. I've been using XP Pro for years. I've trained people on XP and Pro, Vista, and 7 also, I just prefer a Mac for my personal computer for the efficiency.

By the way, I'm a full time irrigation contractor and a volunteer firefighter. I also don't have a problem being thought of as being older, than be thought of as some bozo that throws a hissy fit because a little sixteen year old girl parks in front of me.

Mick

turf&tree
11-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Guys, can't we all just get along. I use both on my Macbook. You heard right I just purchased Groundskeeper Pro software which works on Pc's. I had to add Microsoft xp to my Wonderful Macbook, which can be done because Apple had the foresight to install DUO processors in their computers. You use Bootcamp which is already loaded on your Mac, partition the drive for the PC stuff and install your Microsoft OS. I went for standard XP. Now to use Groundskeeper Pro I just switch my OS and away we go. Switch back for my much preferred Mac apps and there you have it. Yes no one is writing software for our industry for Mac because of demand, so a little compromise is in order.

Kiril
11-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Apple sucks.
Mac = overpriced POS

NickD
11-27-2010, 11:54 PM
turf&tree thank you for answering my question. how much space did you partition for the windows side? Kiril.....overpriced? nahhhhh. expensive? yes. Im willing just like all the other users of a mac to pay a little more for an excellent product......oh wait kinda like the business we are all in. you pay for what you get. one of your accounts might drop you and hire someone else though there price isn't cheaper but actually higher. Thus the quality of work and detail will show. On my desk sites two screens ones a macbook pro and the other is a PC with windows XP. my mac will pick up the slack of my pc and yours and still run efficient :) so that being said. Im willing to pay over a grand for my laptop.

Kiril
11-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Kiril.....overpriced? nahhhhh. expensive? yes.

If you look at the hardware, then price out a custom build at the same or better specs, you will find it is way over priced .... that is .... unless you like paying extra for the "i".

On my desk sites two screens ones a macbook pro and the other is a PC with windows XP. my mac will pick up the slack of my pc and yours and still run efficient :)

You could only wish. You would have to spend $3500+ on a Mac Pro to out spec my box .... I spent $1200 and run a much higher performing OS.

NickD
11-28-2010, 01:19 PM
lol os x and windows have been compared numerous times side by side. the numbers dont lie. os x number 1

Kiril
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM
lol os x and windows have been compared numerous times side by side. the numbers dont lie. os x number 1

Only problem is ..... I don't use Winblows or OS suXs .... they both are crap. Furthermore, it is well known that OS suXs doesn't hold a candle to WinBlows in gaming performance, but obviously you don't game.

Wanna bench your macbook & OS suXs against my custom box & archlinux?

NickD
11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
no i dont have time to game. because while your sitting inside gaming at your super computer im outside making money. So end of story.

Kiril
11-28-2010, 03:25 PM
no i dont have time to game. because while your sitting inside gaming at your super computer im outside making money. So end of story.

I haven't gamed in years, and FYI, my computer makes me money.

Suffice it to say, you are smart to decline the "bench off" because my "cheap" custom box would crush your macbook into non-existence. :laugh:

DollarSign
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Finally someone is putting that ignorant fool solobraincell into his place!
The whole thing that it's a "tax" that apple charges and gives back to it's shareholders, what a joke :laugh:

And for being "too stupid" or "too lazy" to build a computer, I don't have time to do that, I'd rather be working where I can bill $60/man hr and go to the apple store and write a check for $1500 than spend two days building a damn computer. Solo, you also never answered Fire's question to whether you paid or pirated the software? Interesting....

soloscaperman
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Building computers is simple. Don't give me that excuse you don't have time. You have time to cry online but can't spend one hour building a system. I am into stocks and I know that money goes to them. You don't understand computers and stocks. Look at similar companies like starbucks. There will always be a brand that cost a lot and people are going to think it's way better. Macs are good for pictures and making movies but that's for kids or video editing people. Sorry if I offended you MAC users. I have built PC's since I was 12 and if you can't build one that's just sad. You do know Apple has there products built for FoxConn right? Read how the chinese people are working for 40 cents an hour and over 30 people have killed themselves because of the slave labor. Your $1400 mac cost apple $100-$300 I'm serious. Can't believe how you people are.

mark123
11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I haven't gamed in years, and FYI, my computer makes me money.

Suffice it to say, you are smart to decline the "bench off" because my "cheap" custom box would crush your macbook into non-existence. :laugh:
Come on, Kiril. This is a Mac vs Windows thread. Everyone knows *nix is superior. Even the produced for the masses OSes, such as Ubuntu. I'm going to have to ask you to return to your first class seat. The flight attendants are waiting to give you your pedicure. :laugh:

DollarSign
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I go online when I'm doing business related things, when you are building computers you cant use them at that moment. So I dont have time to build a computer to use for video games like you, I have an xbox for video games.

And yes I understand stocks and computers.
You still haven't answered fire's question....

That m-soft you're using probably has parts that were manufactured in sweat shops. And oh wow, their product cost 21% (300 to build and sell for 1400) of the retail price and a margin of 79% according to your numbers. One $50 driveway of mine, usually costs my business $10 to plow, which is 20% of the price leaving an 80% margin. Guess I'm as evil as Apple.

Kiril
11-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Come on, Kiril. This is a Mac vs Windows thread. Everyone knows *nix is superior. Even the produced for the masses OSes, such as Ubuntu. I'm going to have to ask you to return to your first class seat. The flight attendants are waiting to give you your pedicure. :laugh:

Problem with these types of threads is people seem to erroneously believe that Apple hardware is better. At one point in time that may have been true to some extent, but I hate to break it to all the Apple fanboys, but ever since Apple started using Intel processors, you are now essentially getting a middle of the road consumer grade PC with an Apple OS, built by Apple .... with a hefty price increase.

Fireguy97
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Your $1400 mac cost apple $100-$300 I'm serious.

But then again, they pay for their OS in salaries. From your non-answer, we all have the suspicious feeling that your are stolen, pirated, and thieved so you can save a little more money. Is that they way that you do business also?

And by the way. An hour to build your box? good luck on that one. Do all of the parts and components magically appear on mom's kitchen table just before the build? Or do you 'think' them into existence? Doesn't the time and added costs that it takes to pickup, order and wait for delivery of your part(s) from brick and mortar and on-line stores count in your fantasy one hour time frame?

Mick

mark123
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Problem with these types of threads is people seem to erroneously believe that Apple hardware is better. At one point in time that may have been true to some extent, but I hate to break it to all the Apple fanboys, but ever since Apple started using Intel processors, you are now essentially getting a middle of the road consumer grade PC with an Apple OS, built by Apple .... with a hefty price increase.
Personally, I'm willing to pay a little bit more for Mac OS X over any version of Windows. The guarantee of no driver issues is also worth more to me.

soloscaperman
11-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I bought my parts on NewEgg.com. I bought a bundle special. I don't have a video card I bought onboard video and overclocked it through the BIOS. I used my old windows CD on my new one. Used an old Compaq Case and gutted it out. Everything was shipped under 3 days.

I have had no hardware problems with windows XP. AMD makes processors and Video cards and Motherboards. I include AMD with all my builds and never had a problem even over clocking. Raised the DDR2 Chips from 800MHZ to 1066MHZ to save some money. Back in the day yes Windows was edgy with certain hardware and software installed but that's people with outdated stuff. I guess if your scared to build a PC for a few bucks or afraid of "PC issues" which happens to kids or computer illiterate people go for a MAC and bend over. But how do I know so much even though my name is solobraincell?

mark123
11-30-2010, 01:04 AM
... I used my old windows CD on my new one. ... That was my point, it's not a $300 machine if you pirate the OS. Especially when you are comparing it to a system with a paid OS.

I really have no idea what it is to you if someone else is willing to pay more for what they want. If I want to pay $11,499 for a computer what difference does that make to you?

Edit to add - I'm typing this post from my $700 pc built from parts and Windows Vista bought from newegg.com. It was my first and last build. I still prefer Macs. My next computer will either be a $699 Mac mini or a $999 MacBook.

Kiril
11-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Personally, I'm willing to pay a little bit more for Mac OS X over any version of Windows. The guarantee of no driver issues is also worth more to me.

FYI .... windows boxes that come pre-built like macs have no driver issues, nor do macs support anything even close to the hardware choices a PC will. It is when you start swapping out/changing hardware like video cards on these pre-built boxes when drivers might become an issue. Furthermore, don't pretend like Macs don't have issues ... they do. One merely needs to browse Apple support to realize this. :nono:

mark123
11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
FYI .... windows boxes that come pre-built like macs have no driver issues ... I've dealt with Dell driver issues before. Trackpads quit working, video resolution changes due to driver issues, stuff like that.

... nor do macs support anything even close to the hardware choices a PC will.That's the point, Apple chooses the hardware to support with the OS. Bundling hardware with OS leads to lack of driver issues. Microsoft doesn't have that luxury.

... Furthermore, don't pretend like Macs don't have issues ... they do. One merely needs to browse Apple support to realize this. :nono:Surely you're putting words in my mouth.

Kiril
11-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I've dealt with Dell driver issues before. Trackpads quit working, video resolution changes due to driver issues, stuff like that.

Yup .... and surely no different than a Mac ..... heh?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1573

That's the point, Apple chooses the hardware to support. Bundling hardware with OS leads to lack of driver issues.

Well, first off, there is no such thing as a lack of driver issues .... maybe fewer, but what do you expect when you build an OS around a very limited set of hardware? You also have less issues on pre-built windows boxes that use comparable hardware to a mac. So what is your point here? Certainly you are not suggesting someone cannot build a stable windows box, because that would be nothing short of silly.

Surely you're putting words in my mouth.

Surely I am not given you have now stated twice that Macs have no driver issues.

NickD
11-30-2010, 11:23 AM
this kiril person is cracking me up! oh lord what has this world come to.

Kiril
11-30-2010, 11:30 AM
this kiril person is cracking me up! oh lord what has this world come to.

Indeed .... what has the world come to when people let themselves be led by the nose and ripped off by corporations like apple and microsoft.

mark123
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM
... maybe fewer ...
OK, fewer. Q.E.D.

.... windows boxes that come pre-built like macs have no driver issues ...
Hmm? Let's just stop being silly with each other? Truce?

Kiril
11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Hmm? Let's just stop being silly with each other? Truce?

Point is mark .... pre-built windows box is no different than an apple when it comes to driver issues. There are no "driver issues" with pre-built boxes. Issues arise when you start adding/swapping hardware or installing software that could potentially cause hardware problems. This is true for both Mac and Win boxes.

Funny thing is .... I just built two new boxes this year, one with essentially bleeding edge tech, the other with current tech, just not quite bleeding edge. I installed linux on both boxes with zero hardware issues ... all the hardware on both boxes was supported "out of the box". Can you say the same about OS X? Guess we will never know given the OS only works (legally) on Macs.

mark123
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, that's acceptable. The rest is not specifically directed at you, Kiril.

I don't think it's fair to imply that someone is stupid for making a personal choice. If it's more expensive you only have a say in that if you contributed to the purchase. My statements in this thread are based on personal experience only. Using systems based on Windows (95 - Vista), Mac OS (7 - X), Linux (RedHat, Fedora, suse) and another proprietary Unix OS (what a mess that was). I never could get Gentoo working properly but the other Linux distros were extremely stable with, in my personal experience, zero driver issues.

Mac OS, in my personal experience, zero driver issues. I can't count the number of driver issues I've had with Windows. Most of them happened using XP. Only two major issues with Vista (much better than XP in every way). I'm not going to bother with Win7 as I'm going back to Mac for everything except Visual Studio. Visual Studio is Microsoft's crowning glory. Quite simply the best IDE I've ever found.

Kiril
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
I can't count the number of driver issues I've had with Windows. Most of them happened using XP. Only two major issues with Vista (much better than XP in every way). I'm not going to bother with Win7 as I'm going back to Mac for everything except Visual Studio. Visual Studio is Microsoft's crowning glory. Quite simply the best IDE I've ever found.

IMO, and many many others, Vista was the biggest failure in microsoft history, even bigger than the red headed step child WinME. It has way more issues than XP, (built on a very stable Win2K), which IMO was the last microsoft OS (Win2K) that was worthy of installing. That said, I have a client that has been running a Dell box (nearly 24/7) with an original XP install for probably 6 years now (maybe more), with 100+ games and other software installed on it, and it is still running without issue.

As far as coding goes .... I prefer to write it raw, as do most hardcore programmers.

mark123
11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
... As far as coding goes .... I prefer to write it raw, as do most hardcore programmers. Amish programming! Woot! :laugh:

I got stuck in a .NET job for a couple of years. I really enjoy C# and the .NET framework and still keep up on it as a hobby.

Kiril
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Amish programming! Woot! :laugh:

I got stuck in a .NET job for a couple of years. I really enjoy C# and the .NET framework and still keep up on it as a hobby.

Proprietary garbage ......... open source rules!

BTW ... that "amish programming" produces far more efficient code than any IDE could ever hope for.

mdvaden
11-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Because some of us don't want to deal with virus protection and prefer to have something that is actually a quality product. I bought my macbook in 08 and I'll never buy windows again most likely

My wife uses a MAC, and her computer use just got taken-over by something that apparently infected the router.

We all dealt with it on the MAC and 2 PCs.

So the immunity of a MAC is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

:)

jbell36
12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
i've been thinking about getting a mac as well, the newest macbook pro seems pretty nice...as of right now it's either a MBP or a sony vaio, it's been a tough decision so far, and i drive a superduty and hate coffee so the prius and starbucks comment is out, although there is some truth to that comment unfortunately haha...i've been looking into what software to use for the last two years really, tried lawnrpo and hated it, bought gopher to replace it and couldn't be happier, but now my computer has crashed...so i have pretty much decided to go with an online program for invoicing, scheduling, etc., and either computer would work the same...serviceautopilot.com seems to be my first choice although very pricey, have also looked into landscapebilling.com

cgaengineer
12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I have both...thought I would like a Mac but went back to Windows...software is the reason.
Posted via Mobile Device

rfed32
12-01-2010, 04:27 PM
i bought my first mac in 05 the mac book...i just bought a mini mac this year for my office so and i would not buy anything other

cgaengineer
12-01-2010, 04:31 PM
i bought my first mac in 05 the mac book...i just bought a mini mac this year for my office so and i would not buy anything other

The Mac mini is what I have...don't get me wrong, its a great computer...just very limited.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiril
12-01-2010, 04:38 PM
The Mac mini is what I have...don't get me wrong, its a great computer...just very limited.

Very limited is putting it kindly .... lets not mention the old tech this "wonder" comes with.

cgaengineer
12-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Very limited is putting it kindly .... lets not mention the old tech this "wonder" comes with.

The hardware is fine (slow for today)...the lack of software has not changed much.
Posted via Mobile Device

cgaengineer
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
i've been thinking about getting a mac as well, the newest macbook pro seems pretty nice...as of right now it's either a MBP or a sony vaio, it's been a tough decision so far, and i drive a superduty and hate coffee so the prius and starbucks comment is out, although there is some truth to that comment unfortunately haha...i've been looking into what software to use for the last two years really, tried lawnrpo and hated it, bought gopher to replace it and couldn't be happier, but now my computer has crashed...so i have pretty much decided to go with an online program for invoicing, scheduling, etc., and either computer would work the same...serviceautopilot.com seems to be my first choice although very pricey, have also looked into landscapebilling.com

I wouldn't take a Sony VAIO if you gave it to me...loaded down with garbage software. I have owned 2...never again. Sure you can reformat and install just the OS or uninstall all the garbage...but why bother when there are cheap and better solutions out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawncutting27
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Windows 7 Ultimate is the best computer OS in the world:)

poolboy
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
No one using TI's anymore?

cgaengineer
12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
No one using Texas Instruments anymore?

Or tandy?
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
IMO, and many many others, Vista was the biggest failure in microsoft history, even bigger than the red headed step child WinME. It has way more issues than XP, (built on a very stable Win2K), which IMO was the last microsoft OS (Win2K) that was worthy of installing. That said, I have a client that has been running a Dell box (nearly 24/7) with an original XP install for probably 6 years now (maybe more), with 100+ games and other software installed on it, and it is still running without issue.

As far as coding goes .... I prefer to write it raw, as do most hardcore programmers.

I think you went to far Windows ME was the worst OS ever made I think lol! I remeber working at Staples in PC sales and if you looked at the computer it froze or had blue screen of death. Windows ME was a rushed and pushed product and no effort was put into it. I think Windows 98SE was better then ME. Vista was just too hyped up and bloated at first. It was for looks only.