PDA

View Full Version : Check this out( is it crazy or good business) !!!!!!!

qlchustler
11-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I saw an ad on craigslist that stated, Free year of weed n feed with 1 year lawn maintenance. I am sure this will bring in lots of customers but can the company overcome the loss on the applications by doing their lawn. Whats your thoughts on this.

MarcSmith
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
assuming 10K in turf

well think about the costs...4 bags of fert (50 bucks), and a 15 bucks of herbicide.

fert can be done during a normal lawn care visit...so minimal extra labor., and the herbicides can be applied "as needed", "spot apps" while on a normal weekly mowing visits as well.

so maybe 100 bucks in materials and labor...

if you charge enough for the one year lawn maintenance then no problem covering your costs...

djagusch
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
As long as he puts the cost in his yearly bid then he'll be fine. If he avertised I'll beat any ones price and throw in weed feed he would be crazy.

I have put thoughts on something like this before as then my properties that I do spray I'll drag less weed seed from uncared for yards. I'm leaning torwards dropping who don't take the spray service instead of his method.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGoat
11-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Further, you can write off the weed and feed costs as an promotional expense and pay less taxes.

qlchustler
11-28-2010, 05:28 PM
assuming 10K in turf

well think about the costs...4 bags of fert (50 bucks), and a 15 bucks of herbicide.

fert can be done during a normal lawn care visit...so minimal extra labor., and the herbicides can be applied "as needed", "spot apps" while on a normal weekly mowing visits as well.

so maybe 100 bucks in materials and labor...

if you charge enough for the one year lawn maintenance then no problem covering your costs...

You loose 100 bucks in material and labor, and profit you would have made on that yard for the year. ( 10,000 sq. ft. yard x 5 apps. per year in my area is about 64.00 an app or 320.00 per year. SO YOU ARE LOOSING 320.00 that seems like alot to overcome on the lawn maintenance to me.

MarcSmith
11-28-2010, 05:40 PM
SO YOU ARE LOOSING 320.00 that seems like alot to overcome on the lawn maintenance to me. all depends on how he is pricing up his maintenance. given that hes advertising on craiglist, I don't give him much hope for really knowing what he's doing...

he is only loosing 100 bucks in actual costs, which is easy to over come... and if he prices his lawn services properly... hell recoup that costs easily.

the keyis to price the job properly to account for the bundled services and take advantage ofr the scheduling/travel time savings

djagusch
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
You loose 100 bucks in material and labor, and profit you would have made on that yard for the year. ( 10,000 sq. ft. yard x 5 apps. per year in my area is about 64.00 an app or 320.00 per year. SO YOU ARE LOOSING 320.00 that seems like alot to overcome on the lawn maintenance to me.

Actually loosing $220, gross-expense=net.

Up hear you have 24 cuts about. If you add $13.30 per cut or add it in a monthly contract it is made up easily. Guessing down there you have 35 cuts idk, which would be less than $10 a cut difference. He is working it in his price somehow and I'm guessing he isn't the cheapest guy in the area (if he knows what he is doing). We got guys that will spread fert for free with a estimate for mowing/weed control. It's built in somewhere.

AnotherOkie
11-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I've seen it advertised on craigslist around here as well. My first thought was mowing guys were trying to avoid testing and buying an applicators license and insurance, by saying they are doing it for free. I doubt the dept of ag would see it this way.

Ric
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
all depends on how he is pricing up his maintenance. given that hes advertising on craiglist, I don't give him much hope for really knowing what he's doing...

he is only loosing 100 bucks in actual costs, which is easy to over come... and if he prices his lawn services properly... hell recoup that costs easily.

the keyis to price the job properly to account for the bundled services and take advantage ofr the scheduling/travel time savings

Marc

I couldn't agree with you more. Retail does the loss leader to get people in the store's door. So why not do a Freebie to get in the customer's door. Of course like you say the customer is paying for that service in the bundle, he just perceives it is free. BTW I have tried Crag's list even with outlandish cheap offers just to see the response. Very little or No luck so far.

Fire Ant Country guys can advertise Free Fire Control with a year long contract as long as they are licensed. If the timing is right Baits are both cheap and effective. A shaker of Orthene Fire Ant insecticide can kept on the mower and applied as needed on mounds that might slip by the baiting. BTW I saw a local Licensed Pesticide guy's Yellow page advertisement that is coming out in December. They are advertised Free Fire Ant Control with a mowing contract. I guess he is going to sub the mowing part because he doesn't mow any more. OH WAIT that me advertising FREE FIRE ANT CONTROL with a mowing contract. I am just trying to get some work for some buddies. We have a lot of working class homes with Bahia or weedy lawns that would benefit from such an offer. However I will try and up-sell certain accounts to full service. I am anxious to see the response to this ad because I feel it is a very strong with the FREE Fire Ant Control. Most all advertising people will tell you FREE is a top attention getter.

bug-guy
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
i bet his idea of a yr of weed and feed is 2x yr spring and fall it's a tease.
did he mention a yr of a lawn program or just weed and feed???

qlchustler
11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
The ad didnt go into detail, it just said 1 year free weed n feed.

Ric
11-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Sorry guys but I think you are missing an important point here. May be a not so proud of a point also.

The American Public has been lied to so much in advertising that they have become used to it. So in order to grab their attention you need to throw out a form of BAIT & SWITCH only we call it UP-SELL.

So It really doesn't matter what or how many times he applies the weed & Feed. What matters is he has used a popular form of marketing that should work IMHO.

Triton37
11-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Don't even think about doing it! Perception is everything and when gaining top attention through FREE marketing ploys it only sets your business up for very difficult pricing in th future with those same clients. If you're telling them you can afford to throw it in now, even if its already bundled, then they think you can afford other deals in other services. Good luck trying to raise your prices to! REMEMBER HOW YOU GAIN A CLIENT IS ALSO HOW YOU WILL LOOSE THEM!

Rayholio
11-29-2010, 09:31 AM
a new customer (especially one that sticks with you more than one season) is worth well over the $250 1st year loss... on bigger lawns that could be an expensive promotion however.

This guy could be going REALLY cheap.. there's no reason to assume that he's licensed, or that he gives a crap.. he might just be picking up a cheap weed-n-feed product from the farm store, and under applying it to lawns. and maybe only 2-3 times per year. If he did it right (wrong) he could cut this down to under $50 expense..

coolluv
11-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Don't even think about doing it! Perception is everything and when gaining top attention through FREE marketing ploys it only sets your business up for very difficult pricing in th future with those same clients. If you're telling them you can afford to throw it in now, even if its already bundled, then they think you can afford other deals in other services. Good luck trying to raise your prices to! REMEMBER HOW YOU GAIN A CLIENT IS ALSO HOW YOU WILL LOOSE THEM!

I would have to agree with what you said. I would also have to agree with Ric. The marketing will work but the type of customer you attract for the most part is going to be a cheap customer. People are lied to everyday in every type of business, I just don't choose to run my business that way. I see TG and other large companies putting down fert and I know that they are not putting down what they should be. How do I know? Ive watched them do it, as fast as they are in and out only going over the lawn once rather quickly(with a spreader) and having lots of product left in the hopper tells me all I need to know.

I just starting out on the fert side of things and I have applied fert with a spreader and it takes longer than what Ive seen from these guys, I know I'm slower because I'm just starting but I'm not stupid either. Ive seen them do a lime app with two guys pushing spreaders and are in and out in a few minutes and never empty the spreader. I know my fair share of business people and most are dishonest when it comes to business, in one way or another. Maybe I won't do so well in business because I refuse to be dishonest.

For me, I'm going to put down what I say I'm going to put down and I'm not going to lie to customers just to get their business. We will see how that goes...:laugh: I'm an honest person and I can sleep well at night and I want to keep it that way.

Dave...

Ric
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I would have to agree with what you said. I would also have to agree with Ric. The marketing will work but the type of customer you attract for the most part is going to be a cheap customer. People are lied to everyday in every type of business, I just don't choose to run my business that way. I see TG and other large companies putting down fert and I know that they are not putting down what they should be. How do I know? Ive watched them do it, as fast as they are in and out only going over the lawn once rather quickly(with a spreader) and having lots of product left in the hopper tells me all I need to know.

I just starting out on the fert side of things and I have applied fert with a spreader and it takes longer than what Ive seen from these guys, I know I'm slower because I'm just starting but I'm not stupid either. Ive seen them do a lime app with two guys pushing spreaders and are in and out in a few minutes and never empty the spreader. I know my fair share of business people and most are dishonest when it comes to business, in one way or another. Maybe I won't do so well in business because I refuse to be dishonest.

For me, I'm going to put down what I say I'm going to put down and I'm not going to lie to customers just to get their business. We will see how that goes...:laugh: I'm an honest person and I can sleep well at night and I want to keep it that way.

Dave...

Coolluv

This year I am trying same marketing Idea as the guy we are talking about. So bare with me if I am a little defensive of my Marketing plan. You and others make a strong point on the quality customer this type of advertising might attract. I think that is where good salesmanship comes into play. Diagnosing your customer can be just as important as diagnosing their yard. Choose your battles and Up Sell the low hanging Fruit. I make no bones about my Marketing Plan this year is geared IN PART to the Blow N Go market.

But My business/marketing plan goes a little deeper than first appearance. I am working with two totally different types of Sub Contractors. One type is the upscale full service Guy who gets the up sale accounts. And the Blow & Go guy who might just make more money per hour with less expense. Add in a little Chemical mowing and these scrub accounts might be a real winner.

I have chased the up scale accounts all my life. Sure you charge them more money. But you also give more which mean you aren't always ahead with Up scale accounts. One advantage to up Scale accounts is they stay faithful and won't go with the first guy that offers them $ 5.00 less a month. But they also will ask for extras. So the time and expense spend on Up scale accounts verses Scrub accounts might not be as profitable as we think. Blown n Go accounts I can hire a monkey to do the work. Up scale I need experienced help etc etc.

Bottom line is I am not saying I am doing Up Scale Work at Cheap Prices. I am doing Blow & Go at Blow & Go prices or just a tad higher than the guy not able to do Fire Ant Control. Hopefully I have less hassle and more margin.

coolluv
11-29-2010, 01:08 PM
I understand what you are saying Ric and I know you know what you are doing. Ive been thinking along the lines of a catch... so to speak. But I don't know what to offer or how to offer it with out attracting the scrubs. I have a mix of clientele, but most are middle class. I have some upper middle class and those are my best customers, always nice to me and are willing and able to pay for the services with out question. Plus they are not going to go for the next guy that is $5 or $10 cheaper.

I don't go after the upper upper class, because there are not that many around my area that are close by, and I don't want to have to spend hours on one property when I can make more servicing more upper middle class properties in a day. I understand what you are saying about the upper upper class wanting freebies because that is what they are used too. So you are right, in the end they may not be as profitable for that reason plus like I mentioned earlier you need to allocate enough time and resources to one property and the profit may be lower.

The problem with the working man properties is they usually don't care about the property and it is looked upon by them as a burden. So price is all that matters to them and they will drop you for someone else in a heart beat. So the churn factor goes up with these types and you have to market more and change schedules and manpower etc. I would rather build a route of upper class that I can pretty much count on, then chase the scrubs. It cost more to get a customer than it does to keep one. I hope I can get to the time in my business that I don't have to worry about advertising.

I am interested in your ideas though, I'm working on next years advertising right now and have thought about the same things but don't really know if it is the right thing to do or not. I need to grow all I can right now.

Dave...

Rayholio
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
What works VERY well for me is marketing with prices that are about 20% lower than normal for the 1st year. This puts me in direct competition with trugreen pricing, and at that point it's an easy sale.. so far my 2nd year cancellation rate is quite low.

but I don't advertize "20% off".. instead I only advertize to lawns that I have a measurment of.. (direct marketing) and give them the end price.. If my normal price is $57.00 for a 10,000 sq ft lawn, then my advertized price is $45.00 I am very careful to clearly disclose that this price is only for the 1st season, and discounts do not apply to add-on services.

The 1st year I basically only profit if they need an add on service. but the 2nd year and beyond are what I'm shooting for anyhow. The year at a cheap price is basically to give me a chance to prove that I'm worth the extra money over TGCL or other low-ballers.

Ric
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Coolluv

Sorry I don't know your market so I can't make suggestion. Fire Ants and Bed Bugs pandemics are my financial gift from god. I have more Business plan than I am actually telling. Higher prices of Fertilizer and added pressure from the Tree Huggers are a real PITA. So part of my thinking is the hassle of the Green Movement. I am also looking hard at HOA Green Belts and common grounds. I believe that is one place Free Fire Control can be a big seller. You have to do your own market research.

Ray

I really don't like the Idea of a First Year Discount. IMHO I think too many customers will take the first year and then jump to the next low baller. I break my market into two groups. Fine yards and Pasture Grass and charge accordingly BTW Bahia is a Pasture Grass or Hay and even in agriculture it is called Poor Man's grass.

Triton37
11-29-2010, 07:35 PM
I understand what you are saying Ric and I know you know what you are doing. Ive been thinking along the lines of a catch... so to speak. But I don't know what to offer or how to offer it with out attracting the scrubs. I have a mix of clientele, but most are middle class. I have some upper middle class and those are my best customers, always nice to me and are willing and able to pay for the services with out question. Plus they are not going to go for the next guy that is $5 or $10 cheaper.

I don't go after the upper upper class, because there are not that many around my area that are close by, and I don't want to have to spend hours on one property when I can make more servicing more upper middle class properties in a day. I understand what you are saying about the upper upper class wanting freebies because that is what they are used too. So you are right, in the end they may not be as profitable for that reason plus like I mentioned earlier you need to allocate enough time and resources to one property and the profit may be lower.

The problem with the working man properties is they usually don't care about the property and it is looked upon by them as a burden. So price is all that matters to them and they will drop you for someone else in a heart beat. So the churn factor goes up with these types and you have to market more and change schedules and manpower etc. I would rather build a route of upper class that I can pretty much count on, then chase the scrubs. It cost more to get a customer than it does to keep one. I hope I can get to the time in my business that I don't have to worry about advertising.

I am interested in your ideas though, I'm working on next years advertising right now and have thought about the same things but don't really know if it is the right thing to do or not. I need to grow all I can right now.

Dave...

Let's not bring class warfare into it. Remember the rich guy in leather loafers will screw you on a bill just as much as the multitudes of slow and poor payers who disappear over night. Focus your marketing campaign around the client you enjoy working for first. What is that person's red flag in this business. Are they tired of granular fertilizer all over their drive or having a different tech everytime. What negatives help you establish your company so they know what they are buying into. Educate them constantly on your list of red flags and they will not leave you so quick no matter how rich or poor they are. In marketing knowing your market is referred to as knowing a market's sycho-graphic which is far more valuable then their demographic make up like income, race and genders. Market red flag qualities but make them feel time pressure for prepay discounts. They'll sit on a coupon until the dandelions pop looking for a better offer if its all about price. :drinkup:

Landscape Poet
11-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Coolluv

This year I am trying same marketing Idea as the guy we are talking about. So bare with me if I am a little defensive of my Marketing plan. You and others make a strong point on the quality customer this type of advertising might attract. I think that is where good salesmanship comes into play. Diagnosing your customer can be just as important as diagnosing their yard. Choose your battles and Up Sell the low hanging Fruit. I make no bones about my Marketing Plan this year is geared IN PART to the Blow N Go market.

But My business/marketing plan goes a little deeper than first appearance. I am working with two totally different types of Sub Contractors. One type is the upscale full service Guy who gets the up sale accounts. And the Blow & Go guy who might just make more money per hour with less expense. Add in a little Chemical mowing and these scrub accounts might be a real winner.

I have chased the up scale accounts all my life. Sure you charge them more money. But you also give more which mean you aren't always ahead with Up scale accounts. One advantage to up Scale accounts is they stay faithful and won't go with the first guy that offers them $ 5.00 less a month. But they also will ask for extras. So the time and expense spend on Up scale accounts verses Scrub accounts might not be as profitable as we think. Blown n Go accounts I can hire a monkey to do the work. Up scale I need experienced help etc etc.

Bottom line is I am not saying I am doing Up Scale Work at Cheap Prices. I am doing Blow & Go at Blow & Go prices or just a tad higher than the guy not able to do Fire Ant Control. Hopefully I have less hassle and more margin.

Ric,

Just reading through this post I must say there is so much true even on the maint. side of the business too with what you said.
I have some homes in very very well to do areas, and yes I get more money for them, yes they are more loyal, but I also know that their properties tend to get more care and that the homeowners expectations are much higher.
With the mow-n-blow crowd....maybe not my cup of tea - but what I found is the best is the mow, blow and edge crowd. A step above the mow and blow but do not care if everything is perfect all the time. They do not complain much if a area is not trimmed one week.....they will come out and tell you should put some RU down around the fence like the last guy so you do not have to trim all of it every week. Some will do it for me. Middle to higher middle income seem to be a realistic crowd.
I have found that I can make more on average by mowing another lawn than spending the time some properties need in extra bed edging, trimming etc.

Guess the moral of the story is , just because it is a 2 million dollar house, it does not mean you are going to make 2 million on it.

Florida Gardener
11-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Mike I think there are 2 ways to make money in maintenance in florida: 1)do only mow blow and go 2)do only high end. I don't mean 150-250 month either. I am talking 500/month plus. When you mix the two, the high end seems to not get the attention they need, but they are the ones who give you lots of extras. I think you really need to do one or the other.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
11-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Mike I think there are 2 ways to make money in maintenance in florida: 1)do only mow blow and go 2)do only high end. I don't mean 150-250 month either. I am talking 500/month plus. When you mix the two, the high end seems to not get the attention they need, but they are the ones who give you lots of extras. I think you really need to do one or the other.
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not sure about 500 plus month accounts - I do not have any residential even in the $200+ range, so I can not speak to what you are referring, I would only assume that $500 plus a month means you will be spending a lot of time on the property.

I know here in the Orlando Market - there are few homes and far between that you would be able to justify $500 for a month with just maint!! I have yet to see the inside the Isleworth neighborhood, the home to most of the national celebrities who live here (more on this later), but I am currently servicing properties inside of Keene's point, the subdivision right next to it, and I can tell you even on these properties I would have a hard time finding properties in the $200+ range per month because the lot sizes are still small and most homes have very simple landscape needs, so for for maint alone, there is not a chance for me entering the market you are speaking of. I know the income levels are different in your area and I would assume estates down there might have more size to them and not the 3k to 15 k most of the props here have.

The issue with getting into Isleworth, were one could implement your game plan Diamond, is most of the business is conducted inside the gates, meaning that there is a in house company already set up inside the gates. So that is not to say you can not get in, because Keene's has this too, but the chance of getting in is really limited!!!!

Barefoot James
11-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Ric,

I have some homes in very very well to do areas, and yes I get more money for them, yes they are more loyal, but I also know that their properties tend to get more care and that the homeowners expectations are much higher.
With the mow-n-blow crowd....maybe not my cup of tea - but what I found is the best is the mow, blow and edge crowd. A step above the mow and blow but do not care if everything is perfect all the time. They do not complain much if a area is not trimmed one week.....they will come out and tell you should put some RU down around the fence like the last guy so you do not have to trim all of it every week. Some will do it for me. Middle to higher middle income seem to be a realistic crowd.
I have found that I can make more on average by mowing another lawn than spending the time some properties need in extra bed edging, trimming etc.

Both of these hit the nail on the head. For those reading this if you understand this, then you can make money in this business. Great posts!
High end gourmet is the way to go. Some times though you neet to cut bait and let them use their "other high end landcare pros" - do whatever it is you do best and stick to it - but go high end. In terms of edgeing - try an edgit.com - seriously because we can maximize how we trim and edge we have more business than we can handle - mow, blow and trim/edge is awsome. We are however, moving away from this and going towards - high end seeding. The only way to truely transform a yard.

Florida Gardener
11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Mike

We have plenty around here that are 500/mo. We have a pretty good amount that are 1000/mo, and there are even 1500-3000/mo. Yes, these are medium to large estates with Bermuda/Seashore Paspalum/Zoysia that you are cutting with a reel and are probably on the property 2x/week in the growing season with tons of landscaping. The thing is though is that you can have 20-25 of these accounts 500-2k/mo range and make a really nice living. Extras out the wazoo year round. Money is not a question with these clients, just get it done. It is very tough to land accounts like this, you truly need to know someone. BUT, it can be done. I don't knock mow blow and go b/c if you find customers who are loyal and stick to that, you can make good money too. I have mow blow go's that have higher margins than my full maintenance accounts. I price them higher from the get-go so if they do drop me in the winter, I made the money in the summer.

I truly believe you have to do one or the other.

Ric
11-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Diamond

TLC is the name of a local Company in my town and at one time I could only knock his business plan. Then I wised up. TLC doesn't stand for Tender Loving Care in fact any thing but that. TLC is Terry's Lawn Cutting and Terry does 30 yards in a row on the same street starting at 8 AM solo and he is sitting in the bar at noon for the rest of the day. Yes at one time I knocked Terry until my buddy moved in across the street from Terry. Terry has season tickets to all Gator games and traveled where ever each week in foot ball season. Off season Terry liked to take several two week cruise to the Islands etc.

Sorry but while I and everyone else were chasing the Up Scale accounts Terry scarfed up all low end accounts using the newest and fastest mowers on the market. Oh sure he traded equipment off every other year because he rode them hard. I never saw his books I do see how he lives.

coolluv
11-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Let's not bring class warfare into it. Remember the rich guy in leather loafers will screw you on a bill just as much as the multitudes of slow and poor payers who disappear over night. Focus your marketing campaign around the client you enjoy working for first. What is that person's red flag in this business. Are they tired of granular fertilizer all over their drive or having a different tech everytime. What negatives help you establish your company so they know what they are buying into. Educate them constantly on your list of red flags and they will not leave you so quick no matter how rich or poor they are. In marketing knowing your market is referred to as knowing a market's sycho-graphic which is far more valuable then their demographic make up like income, race and genders. Market red flag qualities but make them feel time pressure for prepay discounts. They'll sit on a coupon until the dandelions pop looking for a better offer if its all about price. :drinkup:

That really wasn't my intention, I was merely trying to explain my own situation. Snakes exist in all classes of people we can agree on that. Certain demographics act certain ways, that is just the way it is. You make some good points, but right now the sheeple are being herded into the cheap pasture, and you know how sheeple are.

Dave...

Florida Gardener
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Ric like I said you can do very well with mow blow go if done right. I just don't want to do it. A lot of guys down here don't want the super high end stuff bc it is a lot of detail work, cutting with a reel etc. so it is a niche market. I enjoy making a property look awesome and want to deal with people that don't really care what it costs, they just want it done right.
Posted via Mobile Device

pestcontrolguy
11-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah I agree I know guys that just pound out tons of cheap accounts and make good money. For me I'll only put my customers on credit card autopay- if someone won't sign up for it, then I won't have them as a customer. I don't deal with sending bills.

Ric
12-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Delete delete delete

Ric
12-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Delete delete delete

Oops my puter submitted my post before I was finished. then I got a call.

Estimate yesterday the customer ask why my price was higher, I gave the I am better speech to which she replied ""All the companies say that."" I am actually remaking a point I made earlier in this thread about the American public being lied to with Advertisement and how they expect and accept those lies.

Getting back to the main theme of ""a FREE give away with a purchase""

1st I agree 100% that type of advertising will attract the bargain hunters.

2nd part of that is, UPSCALE CUSTOMERS LIKE BARGAINS ALSO.

Now I am defending my present marketing plan that is about to hit in the next few weeks. I will find out if it works or not this next year. It offers FREE FIRE ANT CONTROL WITH LAWN MOWING CONTRACT. In my mind this catch phrase will attract BOTH pasture grass and FINE YARD customers. PLAN 2 is to work both sides of the street by offering Fine Yard and Pasture Grass service done by two different crews under two different names. BTW That is part of the sales pitch ""You want the cheap guys or the good guys???""

Why 2 crew to do houses on the same street on different days??? First because each crew is trained with a totally different attitude. Fine Yard vs Blow n Go. But also for name branding, you don't want your up scale customer seeing your up scale crew doing Blow n Go type work.

Harley-D
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Back to OP. Ric is right, it is a sales ploy. I know tons of guys that do one wnf app a year. They may pay $40 for the bag and that's it but it's worth gaining the mowing account.

Pick and choose your customers wisely as they will make or break your company hands down.

Ric
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Back to OP. Ric is right, it is a sales ploy. I know tons of guys that do one wnf app a year. They may pay $40 for the bag and that's it but it's worth gaining the mowing account.

Pick and choose your customers wisely as they will make or break your company hands down.

Yo Honda D

Yes WHAT IS A CUSTOMER WORTH????? How do you get that message out that you meet the nicest people on a Honda??? :drinkup: But all pimping aside make your advertisement count. So to answer the original question YES IT IS GOOD BUSINESS to use advertisement to it's best advantage.