PDA

View Full Version : what background plant goes with harbor dwarf nandinas?I

midlandlawncare
11-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Im planning a simple landscape for a maint. customer. He has a few overgrown "contractor" bushes that will be pulled out and Im having trouble coming up with a design I like ,however I have decided my front tier bushes to be harbor dwarf nandina's and i was thinking about frost proof gardenias behind them ,Im just worried the leaves on both will conflict. What about large lorepetulums on the back?Any good idea's?:waving:

shovelracer
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
you are totally different zoning, but there is something nice about the way hypericum perforatum goes with nandina. I usually go with large nandina in the back though. Sort of a risky combo up here, but it has worked for me.

LizzieLandscapes
12-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Go to the nursery and put the 2 plants together, see if you like the way they look. Using plants with foliage that have different textures is a real good thing, not a bad thing, so don't be afraid of doing it.

What to be concerned about is using certain colors that will conflict in a landscape.

alexschultz1
01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
how tall of a background? ive always had good luck with nandina / juniper mixtures