PDA

View Full Version : Who has does a direct mailing before?

stevenf
11-30-2010, 03:41 PM
I am going to do a postcard mailout in late Feb. I know most people say 1-2% return. I want to hear from the people who have actually done a bulk mailing themselves. What was your return rate? Would you say it was worth it? Did you do any special offers or just business info?

T.E.
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I did direct mailing in '06. I can't remember my return rate exactly. I would figure to "close" the sale on about .35%. Not much I know, but this is what I've found I can expect.

Good luck, Tony

stevenf
11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Thank you for your respsonce. Did you have any special offers on them?

PTP
11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
That seems about right for a close rate back in 06. However, I would expect the numbers in today's economy to be about half that.

T.E.
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Thank you for your respsonce. Did you have any special offers on them?

You know it has been so long I can't remember. I have had special offers on door hangers....but I could never tell it made any difference.

T.E.
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
That seems about right for a close rate back in 06. However, I would expect the numbers in today's economy to be about half that.

I have seen a lower response over the last couple of years.....but this year....I got more work from walk ups, and referrals than I ever had....go figure.

OP I will say this I've had better luck with door hanger than with direct mail. Something you might consider.

Eric E
11-30-2010, 08:44 PM
i did a one time mailing earlier this year. I was to disappointed to figure out what the return rate was. 5000 pieces sent out, 8 contacts that ended as follows:

2 monthly mowing accounts for a total of $380/month
1 one time pruning job at $60
1 planting job at $250 minus plant material
3 tire kickers
1 pissed off lady demanding to be taken off the mailing list

Grand total 8 contacts

My next campaign will be a much more targeted, hand picked, mailing list. That list will then receive a minimum of 4 mailings at 4-6 week intervals.

stevenf
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I was thinking of doing about 5,000 with two different mailouts, one end feb, one end march. I was going to target higher income households atleast one of the mailings.
I am debating wether to put a special offer..... I dont do contracts for residentials so its kind of hard to offer a discount or free service for people that arent guaranteed to stay with me.

walker-talker
11-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I dont do contracts for residentials so its kind of hard to offer a discount or free service for people that arent guaranteed to stay with me.

You can have restrictions to your specials. Something like 10% off mowing, but to be discounted at the end of the year or even the beginning of 2012. Do yourself a huge favor and read Guerrilla Marketng. The key is saturation. Next year I was thinking 5000 oversized postcards...3X, flags in the same lawn and 200 yard signs around the area. Most all pieces will have my logo, phone # and website. Also, consider mail carrier routes. You can get postage cheap. I was quoted locally .139 cents each the other day.

Gmgbo
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I did 2500, with special offers. I got one call and never landed the job. I made postcards on vistaprint and make my own targeted mailing lists, I have had a GREAT return on that. Plus its a lot cheaper

TheBetterDoorhanger
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers with advertising is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the ad in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing door hangers. I just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement in view by the customer & out of the drawer with your competitors’ ads. Our Stick-It feature allows the customer to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We also offer Band-It which is easily used during distribution to securely attach your advertisement to the door and keep it out of the lawn.
Here is some pricing for our Stick-Itl post cards and we are happy to separate them into multiple drops for you so you can still get the volume quantity discount but not overwhelm your business with all the calls coming in at once. We have a special offer now for 5,000 post cards for $0.26 each INCLUDING POSTAGE! The pricing I listed below includes a FULL COLOR 9” x 6” postcard on gloss cover stock and saturation postage. More quantity and size options are listed on our website.
250 each - $173.25
500 each - $220.00
1,000 each - $350.00
2,500 each - $700.00
5,000 each - $1300.00
SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL US YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com