PDA

View Full Version : Transformers

Alan B
11-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I rec'd a call today from a contractor that said Hadco was switching from MDL as their supplier and Hadco would not have transformers in stock for several months until they finished their switch to a new manufacturer.

Please note this is what a contractor told me and I have not confirmed it (which is one of the reasons I am posting here to see if anyone else has heard the same). If you have any insight let us know.

The reason I think this is important is because it appears that MDL is in serious trouble and with MDL being the supplier for many manufacturers, a continued fall could have industry wide ramifications.

S&MLL
11-30-2010, 06:38 PM
You should tweet this!

indylights
11-30-2010, 09:13 PM
I buy my lighting supplies from one of the larger irrigation supply chains in the midwest. Although I don't use Hadco, they sell Hadco. Called my rep today,who I have known for several years and have a great relationship with. They have heard nothing of this from Hadco. That doesn't mean is won't happen, but you would think they would know something. Realistically, how many suppliers are 6 bad months away from being in trouble right now? (More than you think). The lighting industry could probably benefit from a lot of the companies who just copycat cheaper and cheaper products to go away anyhow.

Scott Maloney
Sunflower Landscapes