PDA

View Full Version : WEBSITE: service auto pilot

jbell36
12-01-2010, 01:31 AM
for those of you who use service auto pilot, has anyone used the $29.97/month website feature that fully integrates your website with serviceautopilot.com? and would anyone be willing to show their website that serviceautopilot has created, i would like to see what one looks like...

OrganicsMaine
12-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I would too!

pplm
12-06-2010, 07:48 AM
We are working on it right now but here it is

www.pictureperfectlawnllc.com

OrganicsMaine
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
very nice. How much did you do and how much did they do?

pplm
12-07-2010, 07:58 AM
I havent really done any of it. They ask you questions about the business and take from there.

OrganicsMaine
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
How have you found the whole system to work? Are your customers using the portal? If so, how do they like it?

Last question....how long did it take to get up and running. I am planning on signing up in January, and then doing a mailing at the end of the month/early Feb.

Thanks for the info.

pplm
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Actually I have only been using it for about a month. It has taken us a little while to get it going since I was using another program we are trying to get all information on service autopilot which takes awhile to get it in correctly. As far as the customer portal I am planning on starting to use it in the start of the new year.

It seams like a good program so far especially for the smart phone feature and allowing the crews to clock in and out of jobs from the field. Less work on my end.

I can keep you posted as I go if you want

OrganicsMaine
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM
My business is very small so I began using the free version and inputting all customers at the beginning of this year, so once I sign up that part should be seemless.

I am most excited about the marketing end of it and the website integration. A number of years ago I had 2 crews going out, and it was a PITA trying to keep their hours logged correctly, it seems that this program has answered all of those problems that I ran into.

I would love it if you kept the updates going, and I'll chime in as I go online with them too.

Thanks!

pplm
12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
As far as tracking their time you have to use a smart phone. When the crews go out they pick up their schedule and log on which will enter there start time for the day. After that they will go to their first job and hit the start button, when they finish hit the stop time then it will track their time on the job. At the end of the day they hit close out for the day and it will let you know their total hours.

The other good thing about it is it will route the day for you through google maps to help tighten up the day.

Like I said I am still new and learning but if you have any questions you can as if I cant help you, you can call them they are VERY helpful.

Picture Perfect Landscape
12-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I just signed up as well, but I am not sure how much I am going to like that fact that its on the internet only. The little hiccups for having to load things is annoying the the invoices/estimates aren't able to be customized.

I think the client portal is awesome among other things but there are a few big drawbacks presently that as long as this is supposedly been available I cannot believe havent been address.

Currently considering getting my money back, but really want a solution like client portal and the job tracking.

klogan011
12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
I have been using Service auto pilot for a few months now. Had a few kinks to work out in the begining. The people there are great to work with and will help you with anything they can. Once we got rolling everything seems to work great. 100% better than qxpress. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

We just started testing out the mobile version for our crews this week. Seems to be working flawlessly. You can easily do job costing. once they clock in and out all you have to do is go to the report and see what client you are making money on.

I haven't had the opportunity to try out the client portal yet. Does any one have any input on this? I am planning to look into this over the next month or so.

12-17-2010, 01:16 AM
My client portal is setup. It functions just as they say it does. And makes service autopilot very attractive.

I honestly feel this program would be nearly flawless if they would make it a full install on the hard drive to make things instant as well as allow for better invoices and estimates. The invoicing and estimate formats seem rediculously plain and somewhat unprofessional. Also,when doing landscape proposals or any proposal that is somewhat detailed it is VERY annoying typing in a box smaller than a comment box for twitter or facebook. You can't see more than a sentence or so. And every line item is like that. Makes it very hard to catch mistakes or edit. And for what they charge a month that to me is absurd. The invoices should be completely customizable like Quickbooks or any other seroius account software (Quickbooks, Real Green, Clip, Pro Landscape, etc). @79.99 a month your paying almost $1000 a year for the program. Client portal is another expense as well as some other options adding more monthly costs.

I agree. Customer service is great and they seem to be updating frequently, but the things the customer see need to be more modern and professional.

I haven't canceled yet, but I am going to call tomorrow and pretty much repeat what I just wrote and see what their response is. If there is not a big upgrade in the near future, cancel I shall.

12-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I don't mean to sound super pessimistic, but I got really excited when I found this and watched hours of videos about it and how everything works and there are just a few things that literally SUCK, and it kind of irritates me because everything is nearly perfectly thought out for our industry more so than almost every other accounting/bookkeeping software. But these things are somewhat deal breakers.

OrganicsMaine
12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
I've been through all the videos, and am using the very limited free version....more to record and store customer information. Nothing is going to be perfect, and the limited interaction I have had with them has been very positive. $1k per year seems like a lot for a software solution, but the way I see it is if i needed to hire someone to do a lot of the work that this program does, it will cost me much more than $1k. Plus, if it were on a hard drive, then I would need to worry about back up and transfers when I got a new computer.

That said, I am using the free version because I'm not at a level where I need all of that yet, but will be upgrading....hopefully in the spring.

I will be going for the website first, hopefully that will help to bring in the clients to warrant the $80/mo.

klogan011
12-17-2010, 07:31 AM
I agree with you about the invoices and estimates looking very plain. I have actually spoken to them about it. However for me it isn't really that big a deal. At the end of the month when I send out my invoices I just sync with quickbooks and use the custom invoices that I made in that program. I do hope that they fix the estimate templates as I would love to start using them but cannot do so until they make a few more that look a little better.

It is a lot of money that you pay to use the program. If you look at others though they are just as much and don't offer as much. I considered going back to qxpress (online version this time) but once i went back and tried to test it out it just wasn't as good a program. Service auto pilot is actually quite fast considering it is web based. Customer service has to mean something.

I do think this is a newer company than they let on. I have seen significant improvement to the program in the frew month I have been with them. I hope to grow with them.

grasshopperslawn
12-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I just signed up as well, but I am not sure how much I am going to like that fact that its on the internet only. The little hiccups for having to load things is annoying the the invoices/estimates aren't able to be customized.

I think the client portal is awesome among other things but there are a few big drawbacks presently that as long as this is supposedly been available I cannot believe havent been address.

Currently considering getting my money back, but really want a solution like client portal and the job tracking.

FYI I just signed up for service auto pilot 2 weeks ago and you can customize your invoices I talk to Amy over the or you can talk to Johnathan they can help you get that done.

jbell36
12-28-2010, 01:07 AM
thanks for all of the information guys, haven't made up my mind yet, still got some time...anyone know when serviceautopilot was created?

seabee24
12-30-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't mean to sound super pessimistic, but I got really excited when I found this and watched hours of videos about it and how everything works and there are just a few things that literally SUCK, and it kind of irritates me because everything is nearly perfectly thought out for our industry more so than almost every other accounting/bookkeeping software. But these things are somewhat deal breakers.

I'm wondering what deal breakers that you are talking about. I use SA..I stated with them in march last year, and For the first 3 months I think I called them daily with requests. Here is the difference....so fare they have changed 75% of hinges I wanted....and are working on more. Frankly yes there are plenty of things that piss me off,....but for every 1 problem, I find 4 things that it provides a solution for. Frankly I looked into software 3 years ago really hard.....the best system I though I liked cost was $15,000. No joke. If you need something changed...let them know, I'm sire they will take care of it
Posted via Mobile Device

seabee24
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I would like to see this, I was about ready to sign up for a website with them
Posted via Mobile Device

pplm
01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
You can change the website to say what you want. They basically build it and you can customize it how you want it to say and look.

Rainman7
01-25-2011, 08:16 PM
I am an irrigation contractor and was also considering SA. Last I spoke to them they were incorporating a few new features....one being a scheduling upgrade and calendar revamp. Have you users seen this completed? I want to make a decision soon and this really looks like a good option.

Thanks,
Ray

pplm
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
What on the schedule were they supposed to upgrade. I might be able to tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device

pplm
01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I am an irrigation contractor and was also considering SA. Last I spoke to them they were incorporating a few new features....one being a scheduling upgrade and calendar revamp. Have you users seen this completed? I want to make a decision soon and this really looks like a good option.

Thanks,
Ray

I just talked to them today and said it is supposed to come out on Friday

seabee24
01-26-2011, 11:45 AM
One thing that I will say about SA. They do claim to do, ALOT more than they currently do...but I can say over the
Ast year, they have added a ton of new stuff...so if they say it's coming then I'm sure at some point it will get done
Posted via Mobile Device

Rainman7
01-31-2011, 10:21 AM
One thing was zone or proximity based scheduling. Does the program allow you to find the best available spot for and appointment? Last I looked you had to hover over the calendar appointment to see where they were because the time slot only displayed the name.

seabee24
03-12-2011, 09:14 AM
actually im having some problems loading my own photos to SAP website. If anyone is using them for their own website i could sure use some tips

thanks

Greenbeast
12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
In need of a good bump.
Im looking into SAP, and thinking of using only it. Our site is generic self made, and am interested in more examples of a SAP built site. I have not seen to many as of yet.

Dpierce621
12-19-2011, 10:05 PM
redhawk-landscaping.com is a SAP website. I love the client portal. I use it to do most I communcation with my clients. They can log on, see there account, invoices, and payments. The can send you emails and all new clients who find their way to yoiur website can instantly request information and request a quote for services.

willretire@40
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Ask them for some samples of websites that they have done.

Greenbeast
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM

Yes I have sent them an email. They responded quickly, however she simply refereed me to the page http://www.lawnservicesoftware.com/Pricing.aspx
Which doesn't really explain my concerns. From what I understand the websites are template sites, so pretty much that means, all of em are about the same no?

I asked about the designs, she said we choose from several templates, also said I can keep my domain, and explained the backing up of the site, Which those two are a plus for me. I just don't want my site to be a replica, or vise verse w another LCO in my area.

She also told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to get it done. Was this the norm, for those who have used SAP for their sites?

Still interested in seeing more of these sites.

Greenbeast
12-20-2011, 02:23 PM
redhawk-landscaping.com is a SAP website. I love the client portal. I use it to do most I communcation with my clients. They can log on, see there account, invoices, and payments. The can send you emails and all new clients who find their way to yoiur website can instantly request information and request a quote for services.

Thats a looking site. Nice clean, simple and professional. Did you have the option to go with full screen, or were all templates the same? I have seen 3 Sap sites and all were identical, and while this could be a co-inky dink, it is a concern of mine. Also, are you guys able to change things on your sites on your own easily, for example seasonal offers, maybe switch photos, offers, coupons and such?

willretire@40
12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
All the sap sites i have seen look similar but wording is always different. Its a templete so thats what you will get. Customized is going to cost you a grand or so. Even with your own site you can get the estimate form from Sap for free once you sign up and when someone fills out the estimate form it will pop up in SAP?

seabee24
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
for you guys with multiple sites, did you see a large increase in traffic and requests for new work? I have not spent any money with google adwords at all. I started my site last march, which was a bit too late in the season to work my way to the top of google for the spring rush.... im hoping this year that this SAP site is towards the top of the list.

I also had a wonder, all the clients using our website to log into the client portal...all those persons clicking on the links, if that helps get us to the top of the list?

BeachysLawn
12-23-2011, 12:14 AM
I've been using SAP most of this year and had them build a site for me. I love the software and don't know what I would do without it. As far as cost, good software is just as important as quality equipment.

We also have a seasonal website that I had created custom and its a piece of cake to add their estimate form into your own site so that any leads are imported directly into SAP.

Greenbeast
12-23-2011, 10:41 PM
I've been using SAP most of this year and had them build a site for me. I love the software and don't know what I would do without it. As far as cost, good software is just as important as quality equipment.

We also have a seasonal website that I had created custom and its a piece of cake to add their estimate form into your own site so that any leads are imported directly into SAP.

Yes I agree. I went ahead and went with SAP, and While they are working on another site for me, I am learning the software, and I must say I don't know how I have gone so long without it! I did go ahead and use the estimate form on my self made site http://lawnenforcing.com/FreeEstimate.aspx and it was very easy, as previously mentioned and I am happy with it. Take a look let me know what you think.
The reason I will be directing all my sites through SAP is the ones I build (I am by far NO computer genius) They never display correctly when loaded in IE, but all other browsers they do fine. Any one have any ideas about how to fix this??

Greenbeast
12-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Also Id like to add, that while I have not had the opportunity to use it alot, I really love the mobile ability and labor tracking from the phones. Clock in and out right there. I do have a time sheet as well just in case there is a connectivity problem, I can still log times on the sheet manually.
While I am still new to this technology, IMHO this is the way to go. Anything one can use to gain productivity (in any industry) is a plus.
I have to say thanks to those members who have, and continue to share their experience, and knowledge about SAP.

willretire@40
12-24-2011, 09:18 AM
They are suppose to be working on making the mobile system faster too.

willretire@40
12-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh yeah and welcome to the SAP CLUB :-)

BeachysLawn
12-24-2011, 09:32 PM
@willretire, do you find your customers using the client portal much?

pplm
12-27-2011, 09:31 AM
@willretire, do you find your customers using the client portal much?

About 30% of my customers are using the portal! Sure makes it alot easier for them and us

willretire@40
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
I charge credit cards same day of service. So i dont really know how many people log in. I just notice when the update their credit card or ask for an estimate.

BeachysLawn
12-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks, I do the same with the cards and I wasn't sure if I would have any real need for the portal. It would be nice for them to be able to update their cards, etc. on their own, though.

mklawncarewi
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
So I have paid for this just to try out for next year and have a few questions. 99% of my business is a 5 application fertilization and weed control package which I have set up and added some test customers in. Looks great how they do the scheduling. Here is a question though....

I usually send out a letter offering a prepay discount of 5%. How would I go about doing this? Is there an option to do this within service autopilot or would I have to type up a seperate letter for 300 clients and then change packages for anyone who does prepay?

Curious if any of you doing fertilizing and weed control with this program?

Thanks in advance.

willretire@40
12-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Go to marketing tab and type up the letter or go to settings and make a new templet letter and then select it under the marketing tab. I'm not in office right now so I can tell you detail come detail.
Posted via Mobile Device

mklawncarewi
12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will check it out. Im currently only on startup as I was trying this out. Will that matter?

I love the potential but man I was up all night trying to learn the program. I have about 300 customers I need to import and set up if I decide to go with it. Company I'm taking over accounts from is downsizing and we use real green which is pretty easy but DAMN expensive.

I just hope if I can make this work it will be easy to import and get things set up by the end of january.

t608
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
I love the potential but man I was up all night trying to learn the program. I have about 300 customers I need to import and set up if I decide to go with it.

I just hope if I can make this work it will be easy to import and get things set up by the end of january.

You can call them and they will do a live demo with you. I plan on signing up within the next few days. In an email to them they said once I sign up to schedule a free live demo. Also they have import tools to move everything over.

I'm a little excited to try sa myself. I'm going to go with the basic plan too until I have everything all setup.

mklawncarewi
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok so after talking on the phone they were very helpful but do not have a prepay option. So basically I would have to type up prepay letters to my customers and whoever paid I could go into their package and set up as a discount so the balance would end out right.

I have a live demo set up with Jonathan next tuesday. I guess I could use the marketing just to make a mass letter to everyone welcoming them to 2012 then fill in what their price to prepay vs not prepay would be, then if prepay edit their package for a discount. Its some work and not sure if worth the extra $30 a month.

Either that or maybe I'll just make a word document prepay option and do them 1 by 1. Though kind of defeats purpose of trying to make less paperwork.:hammerhead:

I am also playing around with jobber(I feel scheduling especially for lawn care isn't up to par), groundskeeper pro, and qxpress.

t608
12-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Did they say if they will add prepay? I heard they are good about adding new features.

mklawncarewi
12-29-2011, 08:38 PM
just said they don't want to lie and cannot offer it at this time. im checking out qxpress just because i believe they do renewals. I have no clue what i'm going to do yet.

DiscoDave
12-30-2011, 08:47 AM
As I understand it, prepay letters with discount offers are coming in the near future. Check with Jonathan directly when you speak with him on tuesday.

johndeereguy
12-30-2011, 09:25 AM
DO NOT go to Qxpress!!! Yes that is what I have been using, and they do
have a prepay letter option, but service is horid. I have just signed up with SA,
and when I talked with Johnathan a few weeks back, he said the prepay letter option is coming, and you can do the accounting in SA for prepays. Also, they will convert most of your data over for you, but not everything gets transfered.

mklawncarewi
12-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Ok. Good to hear! I am leaning toward going with SA. If prepay is available next year I can definitely put in the extra work of typing a letter and filling in information for just this year.

I have a list of things I will be able to ask Jonathan on Tuesday, but if anyone knows now here is what I'm planning on asking.

1.prepay option?

2. sort by routes/subdivision? (when i pull up all my round 1 fertilizers on the waiting list, any way to pull up by subdivision etc....i think i may be able to do this through filtering tags)

3.Customer lists? print out alist of all customers and their services?

4. Chemical reporting on invoice? i believe i saw this mentioned that it is possible but need to have required records for the state just in case. With realgreen you fill out date and time and leave invoice so i'll maybe have to make a sheet to leave with the actual invoice?

5. Call ahead customers? Such as the advance notification list for chemical apps.

If anyone knows let me know, or if theres anything you'd like me to ask Jonathan I'd be glad to on Tuesday

johndeereguy
12-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Not sure they have the chemical reporting yet, but along with the prepay letters, its coming. Go ahead and ask, then let me know when her tells you about the reporting. He started telling me about it, then we got on a differant sunject and necer finsihed with the chemical reporting.

mkarps
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Ok I will ask him. I can confirm in an email he said quote......

"We do not have a great way to do prepay letters. We are going to build an entire method around prepays in a few months. It will be very good and built specifically to do prepays and offer upsales. It will use the estimating system.
At the moment you would have to do your prepays one by one. Which is not a good option."

I will also ask him about the chemical reporting...though with the way the state budgets have been lately I don't think they'll ever come around. Better to have records in case something like Imprelis were to happen again......

edit: mkarps=mklawncarewi

mkarps
01-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Off subject but I also have a free live demo set up for evergreen software. Anyone use this? They are web based also and price is more but still competative.

t608
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Off subject but I also have a free live demo set up for evergreen software. Anyone use this? They are web based also and price is more but still competative.
I just hate it when company's don't have the prices on their website. I also hate it when there isn't at least a screen shot. Whats up with that?

Hey mkarps, how was the demo?

mkarps
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I have the service auto pilot demo in 1 hour, and evergreen tomorrow afternoon. I have a pdf they sent me with the screen shots and was quoted around $120 per month for evergreen which is also online based.

They sent me a pdf email with some screenshots. I'd be glad to share if you pm me your email. Honestly evergreen sounds incredibly more geared towards what I'm doing with fertilization and weed control but I'll know more after my live demo tomorrow. seems like it has every feature real green has which is what i have been using with my employer for the past 13 years including prepay letters but it also has online and mobile access which i wanted.

t608
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I have the service auto pilot demo in 1 hour, and evergreen tomorrow afternoon. I have a pdf they sent me with the screen shots and was quoted around $120 per month for evergreen which is also online based.

They sent me a pdf email with some screenshots. I'd be glad to share if you pm me your email. Honestly evergreen sounds incredibly more geared towards what I'm doing with fertilization and weed control but I'll know more after my live demo tomorrow. seems like it has every feature real green has which is what i have been using with my employer for the past 13 years including prepay letters but it also has online and mobile access which i wanted.

Thanks for the offer but I'm pretty much sold on sa. I just need to sign up. I'm holding off for a little until I have time to set everything up. I'm building my website, so I like to get the bulk of it done first as it will work with the estimating system. One of the reasons why I like sa.

mkarps
01-03-2012, 03:46 PM
After talking with Jonathan I find it very difficult to go with anything but service autopilot. The few things that are not available now are planned to be added in the future and he has said they are working on tons of added features toward fertilization and weed control.

I still have my demo with evergreen...but very impressed with the direction SA is headed.

mkarps
01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Not sure they have the chemical reporting yet, but along with the prepay letters, its coming. Go ahead and ask, then let me know when her tells you about the reporting. He started telling me about it, then we got on a differant sunject and necer finsihed with the chemical reporting.

He did say they are working on adding a whole section just for this. To record chemical applications, usage rates, everything. Sounded VERY good.

Basically you could type in gallons used to your mobile standing at the curb and SA would calculate everything based on your rate etc and keep it stored electronically for you.

Im really looking forward to the evolution of SA.

Greenbeast
01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
After reading several posts on this site about SAP, and talking to the founders, I decided to go with SAP. I learned that not only does SAP continue to improve on services offered, customer service (which is great btw),and expanding into marketing to streamline our marketing efforts. Jonathon and his partners actually uses this system for their service companies. It is a no brainer, once u not only understand all that they offer, but more importantly the direction they are heading. IMO, SAP really helps your company operate more proficient. I have not been a member too long, but already see the benefits of using SAP. I also have them creating more sites for our business for future services, so we can target more seasonal jobs in slower periods of the year. I love the mobility of the system btw!:cool2:

krysr7
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much. :)

On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!

HBFOXJr
01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!

1. I'm not familiar with the estimating form. Where do I find that.

2. I put a portal link, "manage my account", in my website this week. It works fine.

krysr7
01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=HBFOXJr;4278600]1. I'm not familiar with the estimating form. Where do I find that.

Not really sure. Haven't had much luck with basic functionality yet, or I'd call and ask.:)

HBFOXJr
01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I've looked today but can't see it. Was is in sales info on the website or within the app?

willretire@40
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
The best browser to use is firefox. Chrome stinks and ie9 is worse.

Greenbeast
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
The best browser to use is firefox. Chrome stinks and ie9 is worse.

Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much. :)

I will tell you that after 4 weeks SAP finished my site. The site is a "cookie cutter template" and I have found 2 of the same (in different areas of course, but still). For a "template' site I don't see why it would take so long. All they had to do was use info from my existing site, so I would imagine it would have been pretty straight forward, but meh...... If you look at the site it is ATM the SAP site. I told em to take it down by tomorrow, and I have redirected my domains back to their original place. So it will be changing back soon

I was less than impressed and in fact was a little pissed off because I was within the top 4 of first page on Google locally in search. Now with their site I am not even on first page! I do realize SEO takes time, however I had to much time in my site to throw all that work away. Not to mention for such generic workmanship!

I used OSBL to create my site, and I will do so as it only costs about $12 a month versus SAP @ about $30. And I can customize it to my likings. I went w SAP as i thought they would do a much better job than I, since I had no idea what I was doing when I built my initial site. (THANK GOD I BACKED IT UP:weightlifter:).

Now that said, SAP is awesome in all other areas, and if you want to fork over the $ they can customize you a website. I have no experience with that so I cant tell you how they do.

GW Andy
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM

So mkarps how did your demos go with service auto pilot and evergreen?
I to have been searching for software, especially to help with marketing and scheduling.

whiffyspark
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
What do you guys use for credit card merchants on service autopilot?

I have my website up and running that they built for me. I love this program

willretire@40
03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Bank of america with authorize.net as my gateway
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
How much does that run you?

I saw a $100 set up fee, then $20 a month, Correct?

mkarps
03-05-2012, 04:08 PM
So mkarps how did your demos go with service auto pilot and evergreen?
I to have been searching for software, especially to help with marketing and scheduling.

Sorry never saw this.....for some reason none of my email notifications ever show up....

It went great. I am all set up on it now and ready for the field test by end of March!

godjwood
03-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Hey whats up man-

I just signed up in February. How are you making out?

If it wasn't for their great customer services I would have left a long time ago.

I really want this to work out because the software seems great- but I have been having so much trouble with glitches in the software- however they always fix them.

I am nervous basing the backbone of my business on this software, as it would be catastrophic if I had to leave and I have spent hours and hours setting it up. Let alone their client portal and all that after my customers sign up for it.

I have the client portal implemented into my own website.. Brian from SA helped me get it all set up and working and that part is great- I have already been using it to get leads.

There is so much I love but like I said I am downright nervous to rely on this software.. When we are in the heat of the season I wouldnt have the time to deal with all these problems.

I demanded my first months money back for the trouble I have been through. But I intend to stay with them, but I don't think I should be paying them to be a guinea pig for their software, if anything they should be paying me.

I have not yet tested any of the routing features or mobile access so I can only cross my fingers these features work.

HBFOXJr
03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Lots of growing pains and discovery. So different from QX in good and bad. But i'd never go back to QX or the company that owns them.

Did routing today. FAST!

outrunjason
03-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Guys. I have been using service autopilot since late last year. It puts other software companies to shame. If you want to be productive then you would look no where else. My customers love the client portal.

Note to service auto pilot. I just gave you a plug where is my cut.

But really it is awesome. I used to think 80 bucks a month was steep for software. After using SA I would pay $150 a month. It's that worth it to me.

klsgc
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Any update from users on the glitches? Do you guys trust it now? I'm thinking of switching from Qxpress this winter. Are the estimates and invoices customizable like they are with qxpress now?

HBFOXJr
10-19-2012, 06:40 AM
There is a new version coming soon that should blow the socks off the old. I don't know what you do and how many clients you have, but I'm suggesting Get it in late November or Dec. There are lots of capabilities to get familiar with and set up.

Invoices are are limited in customization to picking ones that can have a few text boxes you can customize. Estimates - what ever you want. Awesome. We sold a number of jobs in minutes or hours this year by emailing the estimate, to a client we never met and a site we have never seen. They can approve online.

We have had way more use of the customer portal for bill paying than we did with people making use of our online pay with quick books. I don't know if the interface is more likable or having the link on our website is some how more attractive.

ddmcintosh1
11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm very interested but have been using Qxpress for 5 years now, Clip for 10 years prior to that, and I cannot afford to lose all of my historical data. I was unable to trasnfer all of my data from Clip when I swithed to Qx and I do not want to go thru that again. Can anyone tell me if it can be imported into SAP? If it can, I may switch. The price is about equivalent to Qx and I'm willing to pay for good software.

HBFOXJr
11-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm very interested but have been using Qxpress for 5 years now, Clip for 10 years prior to that, and I cannot afford to lose all of my historical data. I was unable to trasnfer all of my data from Clip when I swithed to Qx and I do not want to go thru that again. Can anyone tell me if it can be imported into SAP? If it can, I may switch. The price is about equivalent to Qx and I'm willing to pay for good software.

They can move historical data, but perhaps not all. It was tough for me because of the qx enterprise version. I think the regular is pretty easy. If you sync qx and quick books, you will still have all data in quick books no matter the amount in SA. I would recommend you begin the project soon, as it takes awhile to get things the way you want. There is a learning curve, and you will have to adapt to some change. However, all for the better.

Briankook
11-10-2012, 07:19 PM
For the historical data, why not just keep QX on your pc so you can access it if you need to? We are about ready to make the switch to S.A. The mobile functionality is alone worth it and it will be greatly improved in early 2013.

ddmcintosh1
11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
For the historical data, why not just keep QX on your pc so you can access it if you need to? We are about ready to make the switch to S.A. The mobile functionality is alone worth it and it will be greatly improved in early 2013.

I'm on the monthly payment to them and didn't know, once I cancel my subscription, if I would no longer be able to access it from my pc. I was hoping that it would just stay there, that way if I ever had to look at it I could.

Briankook
11-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Do you use QX desktop or QX online? If you use desktop, the information will stay there because the information resides on your server/PC. I'm not sure how QX online works.
Posted via Mobile Device

HBFOXJr
11-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Do you use QX desktop or QX online? If you use desktop, the information will stay there because the information resides on your server/PC. I'm not sure how QX online works.
Posted via Mobile Device

On the monthly plan, qx is password protected. If not payed up, access is denied.

You can dump the info into an access database from a back up most likely. That is how they move it to SA.

ddmcintosh1
11-11-2012, 09:19 AM
On the monthly plan, qx is password protected. If not payed up, access is denied.

You can dump the info into an access database from a back up most likely. That is how they move it to SA.

Thank you! That's exactly the info I was looking for!

CNYScapes
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Anybody else have a website they did we can look at?

BreezeTO
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
We are located in Canada and I have been looking at getting the system for our company. I was so excited about it because I hear so many good things but my concern is the company keeps 'dropping the ball' and I am worried about it.
I tried to sign up online on Thurs and I ended up speaking to Mac who said we could do it over the phone. He had the same problem on the signup page...you can only choose United States (not Canada). He said he would speak to Jonathan later in the day and have him rectify it...it's Sunday and haven't heard a word...sounds like they don't want my business.
The only reason I am sticking it out and giving them a chance is the great reviews. It scares me that they aren't as big as they make themselves out to be. Is this how it is going to be every time I need answers or assistance?

Anyone out there in Canada using it?? How is it working out for you? We are currently using CLIP...what info can you export from CLIP to SAP?

tonygreek
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Anybody else have a website they did we can look at?
They're not hard to find, but I'm not too keen on individually posting them so as not to potentially insult a business owner. In general, they look like generic template sites, with the design styling reminiscent of 10 yr old sites or those that Yellow Pages provides. Besides uniqueness and design elements, they are very light on SEO, which should be better, given the add-on pricing and expectations that one should have when paying for a website.

What I do see is that there are some nice looking sites that have the AutoPilot integration, but they are done by an apparently preferred third-party marketing company, Point2Marketing. I have never made it all the way through SAP's sales "tutorial", but I would make the assumption that the template-looking sites are what they offer, with the potential up-sell to the company they recommend.

To look at either of the company's respective sites that are currently in use, just Google the following template code call: "http://my.serviceautopilot.com/templates/"

In a bit of cross-promotion, the testimonials on point2marketing.com include this one:

"We have hundreds of clients and when they come to us asking for help in gaining and retaining new clients online. There is only one company we recommend to all our of clients. POINT2 does not disapoint"
JONATHAN, SERVICE AUTOPILOT

While he didn't add his last name to the testimonial, the Jonathan is obviously "Jonathan Pototschnik". In a bit of semi-transparent irony, the owner of point2marketing.com is lawn care biz guru "Andrew Pototschnik".

Puddle of Oil
01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
We are located in Canada and I have been looking at getting the system for our company. I was so excited about it because I hear so many good things but my concern is the company keeps 'dropping the ball' and I am worried about it.
I tried to sign up online on Thurs and I ended up speaking to Mac who said we could do it over the phone. He had the same problem on the signup page...you can only choose United States (not Canada). He said he would speak to Jonathan later in the day and have him rectify it...it's Sunday and haven't heard a word...sounds like they don't want my business.
The only reason I am sticking it out and giving them a chance is the great reviews. It scares me that they aren't as big as they make themselves out to be. Is this how it is going to be every time I need answers or assistance?

Anyone out there in Canada using it?? How is it working out for you? We are currently using CLIP...what info can you export from CLIP to SAP?

You don't honestly think their working on a Sunday do you?! You gave them one solid business day to fix your problem and your already complaining!? Come on man, give them till the end of the week then start running your mouth.

AQLSERVICE
03-16-2013, 02:03 AM
love the website. I am thinking of joining the SAP team. have you be satisfied with everything so far?

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Are you still using? Can you give me reviews? And most important, how is support.

Thanks for your time,
Lyle

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Are you still using Service Autopilot? Pros cons etc? How is support?

Thanks for your time!
Lyle

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 07:52 PM

Thanks,
Ray

Thanks for your time!
Lyle

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 07:59 PM

Thanks for your time!
Lyle

Blade Runners
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
You don't have t post 3 times in 10 minutes to get a response!

SAPs support is good, so is Jobbers. To me the best part of SAP is the client portal and invoicing. When I mark a job complete on the calendar, an invoice is created. When the customer pays, the invoice is closed. Very handy feature. About the only time I go into SAP is to mark a job complete and to add and expense. If I haven't saw a payment notice come through email, I will log in to SAP to check unpaid invoices and send out a reminder. The program does actually automate a few things and customers like the portal for payments.

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Yes I have sent them an email. They responded quickly, however she simply refereed me to the page http://www.lawnservicesoftware.com/Pricing.aspx
Which doesn't really explain my concerns. From what I understand the websites are template sites, so pretty much that means, all of em are about the same no?

I asked about the designs, she said we choose from several templates, also said I can keep my domain, and explained the backing up of the site, Which those two are a plus for me. I just don't want my site to be a replica, or vise verse w another LCO in my area.

She also told me that it takes 3-4 weeks to get it done. Was this the norm, for those who have used SAP for their sites?

Still interested in seeing more of these sites.

Thanks for your time!
Lyle

ltomkins
10-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Thanks, sorry. Since I was responding to old posts I wanted to make sure they saw it. A software change is big for me. Need to cover all bases.

Thanks,
Lyle

kemco
10-10-2013, 12:34 AM
For what it is worth I've been using SAP for my biz for about 3 years and love it. Sure it has a few things I don't like about it but the pros far, far outweigh the cons. And customer service is excellent. The routing feature easily saves me the $100 a month in gas not wasted that I spend for SAP, seriously. There are still many features built into the system that I really want to (and will) use I just haven't had the time to go through it all. Most important features IMO at least to my biz are: Routing, the general bookkeeping as I don't use another program like quickbooks, the fact that it is all on a server and I can pull up client accounts and history from my smart phone when in the field, ability to have another user be able to get into the system to do scheduling but only scheduling, the integration of a website into the system for lead generation. I haven't used this last feature as much as I should but it is on my list of things to gear up for for the 2014 year. For about $30 a month you can add on a website, sure it is a little "cookie cutter" but the templates you can choose from are very decent looking and any leads generated automatically show up on your SAP login screen. Heck if you get one new customer a year it will probably pay for the added cost of the website.

JFGLN
10-10-2013, 08:35 AM
For what it is worth I've been using SAP for my biz for about 3 years and love it. Sure it has a few things I don't like about it but the pros far, far outweigh the cons. And customer service is excellent. The routing feature easily saves me the $100 a month in gas not wasted that I spend for SAP, seriously. There are still many features built into the system that I really want to (and will) use I just haven't had the time to go through it all. Most important features IMO at least to my biz are: Routing, the general bookkeeping as I don't use another program like quickbooks, the fact that it is all on a server and I can pull up client accounts and history from my smart phone when in the field, ability to have another user be able to get into the system to do scheduling but only scheduling, the integration of a website into the system for lead generation. I haven't used this last feature as much as I should but it is on my list of things to gear up for for the 2014 year. For about $30 a month you can add on a website, sure it is a little "cookie cutter" but the templates you can choose from are very decent looking and any leads generated automatically show up on your SAP login screen. Heck if you get one new customer a year it will probably pay for the added cost of the website.

How easy is it to reschedule services? Say you have a rain day and you need to move 30 scheduled stops to different days of the week.

jc1
10-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Rescheduling is about 3 clicks.
1 click to select the days work
1 click to select the day to move it to.
1 click to move it.

whiffyspark
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I canceled mine. To much money for what it was. The website they built me took almost 3 months to have corrected they literally copy and pasted my email onto the website.

I went back to qb, the only software I'm intrigued by is jobber. I originally went with sap to have them build my website as well
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGLN
10-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Hmmm...Mixed reviews.

rgodwin
10-10-2013, 09:30 PM
So I have a pretty small business. Only about 25 regular customers. I have no idea the cost of SAP. Is it something I should consider or does anyone know of something simpler/cheaper I should use for the time being
Posted via Mobile Device

whiffyspark
10-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Hmmm...Mixed reviews.

There was a ton of talk 2 years ago about it and then it died off.
Posted via Mobile Device

kemco
10-10-2013, 11:12 PM
So I have a pretty small business. Only about 25 regular customers. I have no idea the cost of SAP. Is it something I should consider or does anyone know of something simpler/cheaper I should use for the time being
Posted via Mobile Device

I think they still have a "version" or "level" that allows up to 50 customers. That's what I started with 3, or I guess almost 4 years ago. I think it was around $50 a month. Now I have the unlimited version it is right at $100 a month. I'd still get it especially if I was wanting to grow my biz even with 25 current customers. It's a tax write off so I guess ask yourself if $600 a year investment in your biz that can help you route your schedule to save travel time and gas money, help you with record keeping, invoicing, is worth it.

JFGLN
10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
There was a ton of talk 2 years ago about it and then it died off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I'm thinking about switching from QExpress to SAP but I would like to hear some more about it. There were quite a few complaints about bugs when they updated earlier this year.

bertiemon
10-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Have you looked at jobber? I tried both a couple of years ago. Jobber did not have as much features a SAP but they have come a long way and anything they add on in done right. They have more and more features being added. I thought SAP had a lot to offer but jobber is so much easier to use. You could have it up and running in a weekend.

CutAboveGA
11-26-2013, 11:30 PM
We're new here and a small business in GA, but I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask about web sites. We want a nice site to help make us look good and like a competitor's site ( www.cumminglawnservice.com ) and I'm wondering if the Service Autopilot sites can look like this or if someone can recommend a company that does? We currently have just under 20 clients, but want to pick up a lot more business in the spring and it seems like the Autopilot (at least the starter package) is a good investment.

bertiemon
11-27-2013, 08:23 AM
I would check out wix.com. They have a lot of templates that are good to go and a lot of add-on. Any website that you go for you will have to supply all the info that you want on it.

tonygreek
11-27-2013, 11:28 AM
We're new here and a small business in GA, but I stumbled across this thread and wanted to ask about web sites. We want a nice site to help make us look good and like a competitor's site ( www.cumminglawnservice.com ) and I'm wondering if the Service Autopilot sites can look like this or if someone can recommend a company that does? We currently have just under 20 clients, but want to pick up a lot more business in the spring and it seems like the Autopilot (at least the starter package) is a good investment.
Lawnsite has a web site discussion forum: http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46 If you spend some time going through the archives, you'll get a pretty good handle on what you should look for.

I'll disagree with the Wix recommendation, although time, and Google, will tell if their site functionality changes will add any search value. The worst 3 DIY sites would be wix, vistaprint, and godaddy. In the DIY class, squarespace is the clubhouse leader.

CutAboveGA
11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks tonygreek! These forums are really large and informative and I completely missed that area dedicated to web sites. I like the cost idea of DIY but I'm concerned that I may not be able to get attention for my site from Google. I've read about SEO and stuff and there seems like there is a lot to it. I would really like to play with some of that, but I'm concerned how much time it may take. I think I'm going to reach out to whoever built a couple of the local competitor sites as well. One thing is for sure, I've got a lot of reading to do here on these forums!

tonygreek
11-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I think I'm going to reach out to whoever built a couple of the local competitor sites as well. One thing is for sure, I've got a lot of reading to do here on these forums!
Unless they're "design only", I would caution against hiring someone who works with the competition (and if they have any integrity, they wouldn't take you on as a client). There is only one #1 rank for any given keyword. I say this quite often: You can't have one football coach coaching both teams.

CutAboveGA
11-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Unless they're "design only", I would caution against hiring someone who works with the competition (and if they have any integrity, they wouldn't take you on as a client). There is only one #1 rank for any given keyword. I say this quite often: You can't have one football coach coaching both teams.
Ouch - good call. I didn't think of that, although we do service different areas. Thanks for the feedback!

HBFOXJr
11-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Websites are crucial to success today. In the past, owners regarded them as an online business card or brochure. Today they need to be a lead generating machine. To be such, content of the right kind is king.

Although pricey by some young or small entrepreneurs standards, a company called Hubspot has helped us this year. I've had a website for years, revamped a couple times, and it worked. Sort of. November of 2012 I learned of a company called Hubspot via an article about an Ohio lawn care company in a national magazine. Hubspot is really is an advanced tool for building an maintaining a site.

Hubspot is all about what is called inbound marketing. Creating content to rank well, get a viewers interest, and lead them down the marketing funnel. I invested several thousand $ having them convert and host my site this year, plus a few more dollars on professional services with a Hubspot partner, and a ton of my own hours. It has paid off with economical leads that have made good clients.

One thing all entrepreneurs should realize is that you continually need to grow. Reaching a desired size is not enough, because if you don't grow, some one else with energy and vision will overtake you, making you less significant or relevant.

Jobber
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
This is a great topic, which I have a couple of thoughts on:

Marketing your business online is really important, even for local service based businesses, and there are several different ways you should be doing it. I'll stick to points relevant to websites since that's the topic here, but wanted to also point out this blog post (http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/04/how-to-promote-your-new-or-growing-field-service-business-online/) about marketing these kinds of businesses online.

There are hundreds of options for getting a website in place for your business, and if you're not familiar with the territory it can be a little daunting. Don't let it intimidate you - just keep this golden rule in mind: Go cheap, or go expensive; forget the middle ground.

The most important purpose of your website is to make it easy for your customers to find and contact you. A very cheap Do-it-Yourself website can accomplish this just fine without wasting tons of time and thousands of dollars dealing with a small web design firm or freelancer. Someone mentioned Wix further up in the thread which is a great cheap route to go - we actually have a post on how to build a Wix website (http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/09/how-to-create-a-website-for-your-field-service-business/) on our blog, and Wix itself has some great material to help you get started.

Hubspot was also mentioned above, and this is an example of the "Go Expensive" route. Hubspot, and other full-service inbound marketing companies are very expensive, but provide an end-to-end lead generation engine. If you have the resources and are looking to aggressively grow your business then this can be a great way to go.

Once you have a website, no matter where it's hosted, make sure you're collecting leads from it, and are making it easy for your potential customers to request your service. If you're not doing this you're wasting a big opportunity. Landing on a website to get a phone a number that might just get you a voicemail is a lot less appealing to most people these days than a form that just asks for their contact info and the service they're interested in. You're a lot more likely to get inbound service requests with a web form than a phone number. You can do this using something as simple as Google Docs, or if you're using something like Jobber to manage scheduling and invoicing you can connect your website directly to Jobber. Here's another blog post (http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/10/adding-jobber-web-integration-to-your-wix-page/) on how you can do that with a Wix page.

I think the key thing to remember, which is true of a lot of business decisions, is to keep it simple. Don't drive yourself crazy and spend a ton of money trying to build the biggest fanciest website. All you need is an eye catching photo of some sort, a description of your services, and a way to contact you. Once you have that, you can focus on making improvements that drive real value for your business, like a lead generation form, content syndication for SEO optimization and more.

Hope that's helpful!

Cheers,
Sam

ltomkins
01-02-2014, 12:09 PM
I think they still have a "version" or "level" that allows up to 50 customers. That's what I started with 3, or I guess almost 4 years ago. I think it was around $50 a month. Now I have the unlimited version it is right at $100 a month. I'd still get it especially if I was wanting to grow my biz even with 25 current customers. It's a tax write off so I guess ask yourself if $600 a year investment in your biz that can help you route your schedule to save travel time and gas money, help you with record keeping, invoicing, is worth it.

How do you ServiceAutopilot guys generate payroll since that module is not yet complete?

HBFOXJr
01-02-2014, 12:24 PM
We still use a time clock with cards and Intuit payroll in Quick Books. I use their assisted payroll where I put i hours and print checks, they do all the filing. Not cheap, but hassle free and no more filing mistakes that cost me money.