PDA

View Full Version : Annual fertilization programs

greenchoppers
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello,

I have a couple of lawn service customers who are asking us to handle their lawn fertilization. Would anyone be willing to share how they set up their annual fertilization programs?

I am considering applying atrazine to both of these lawns which are both St. Augustine. I know not to apply atrazine in the dead heat of summer. What is the earliest (month) and latest (month) of the year atrazine can be safely applied? Keep in mind that I am in South Louisiana.

Also, do you include tree and/or shrub fertilization? Do you typically do all the trees on the property (assuming they are worth fertilizing) or only the trees near the house or customer option?

Thanks.

Ric
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Hello,

I have a couple of lawn service customers who are asking us to handle their lawn fertilization. Would anyone be willing to share how they set up their annual fertilization programs?

I am considering applying atrazine to both of these lawns which are both St. Augustine. I know not to apply atrazine in the dead heat of summer. What is the earliest (month) and latest (month) of the year atrazine can be safely applied? Keep in mind that I am in South Louisiana.

Also, do you include tree and/or shrub fertilization? Do you typically do all the trees on the property (assuming they are worth fertilizing) or only the trees near the house or customer option?

Thanks.

Greenchopper

Last time I was in Thibodaux they were growing Sugar cane for the last 150 years and had yet to apply any fertilizer. I am thinking you won't need a whole lot fertilizer in that Gumbo Mud. Atrazine Weed and Feed should be applied in late spring for summer weeds and early fall for winter weeds. But for a full program contact your county extension agent.

Oh yes Thibodaux, Piere Part, Lake Verette, the Spillway and Duck Lake. I got to say Thibodaux is one place where which side of the spillway matters when it comes to crawfish. Laissez les bon temps rouler