PDA

View Full Version : Where do you prefer to get tools/equipment?

brentwood
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm doing some research for a potential new product. I was curious where everyone prefers to buy their horticulural tools and equipment. Pruners, hand tools, safety, etc.
From my experience with Design/Build/Maint Companies, AM Leonard has always been the best and most trusted source for just about everything. Would you guys agree?
What other sources do you use?
Thanks for your help.

zapy
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
My local guy can get me just about anything. He's an Echo dealer along with various other brands of equipment.

cdqat1432
12-10-2010, 06:53 PM
I have bought quite a bit from AMLeo. They have really good tools, but expensive, especially if you lose them. I bought the really hd shovels a couple years ago, but they seem to break just as easily. Now, I buy spades and rakes from Rigid/Home Depot because they are warranteed for life. I still buy from AML, though.

FLAhaulboy
12-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I go to Lowes and/or Home Depot, sometimes Walmart. Of course, I haul away a lot of hand tools also. I hauled away this tool a few months ago, mainly use it at home though but I highly recommend it, at least for home owner use:

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Yard-and-Garden/Pruning-Stik-R

exmark user
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Rigid makes good rakes i believe, but a shovels a shovel usualy get them at rummage sales or walmart.

chris@perfectlawncare
01-19-2011, 09:01 AM
My neighbor's company gets free shipping from Grainger, so I usually order my stuff from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

StihlMechanic
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I like craftsman shovels, hoes, pruners, ect. When I break one I just take it back and they replace it, no hassles.

Landscape Poet
01-21-2011, 06:43 PM
I like craftsman shovels, hoes, pruners, ect. When I break one I just take it back and they replace it, no hassles.

Yep, I have started going that route after a buddy of mine here on lawnsite took me to sears one day. The initial price is a little higher, but generally you are getting decent quaility stuff and like you said, if you have a problem even 20 years later you walk back in the store without a receipt and exchange it no questions asked.

Wal-mart is generally a good place too for price - sometimes you can get the best of both worlds and get decent quality stuff at good prices. But nobody stands behind there stuff and has been in business as long as Sears/Crapsman

Agape
01-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I go to Lowes and/or Home Depot, sometimes Walmart. Of course, I haul away a lot of hand tools also. I hauled away this tool a few months ago, mainly use it at home though but I highly recommend it, at least for home owner use:

http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Yard-and-Garden/Pruning-Stik-R

I love my telescoping pruning stick! and I can loosen and slide the blade down out of the way so I rarely have to remove it. use some thread lock on the blade wing nut tho or it will loosen and fall off.

bobcat48
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Most of the time Home Depot.But sometimes menards,or sears.

tree_hugger
01-28-2011, 11:56 PM
homo depot mostly just because they warranty everything with no questions asked