PDA

View Full Version : spreader cover

RigglePLC
12-02-2010, 11:22 AM
We all need a better spreader cover--for hand spreaders as well as ride-ons.

I wish there was a better cover; one that was easy to get off--one that was hinged, yet fully waterproof, and easy to open with one hand. (A hand that was wearing a glove.) It needs to be transparent to view the remaining product, if possible. And easy to fill from a 50 pound bag. If it did not get stiff in cold weather--that would help.

Anybody seen a good one?

rcreech
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
We all need a better spreader cover--for hand spreaders as well as ride-ons.

I wish there was a better cover; one that was easy to get off--one that was hinged, yet fully waterproof, and easy to open with one hand. (A hand that was wearing a glove.) It needs to be transparent to view the remaining product, if possible. And easy to fill from a 50 pound bag. If it did not get stiff in cold weather--that would help.

Anybody seen a good one?

This sounds nice but how many guys could use this.

If it had a big dome on the lid I could! :laugh:

We usually mound the fert in the hopper and then throw another bag on top and it works as "storage" and a hopper cover all in one.

jbturf
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
id say my biggest complaint with most hopper covers is they
are not really water proof. when i run into a quick shower or drizzle
i always get some water into the hopper -streaming down from the corners
typically--some times in rain i will put 2 hopper covers on and this works pretty
good, but then i can no longer see thru it

to answer the ?, no i havent seen anything better than the oem's supply

ted putnam
12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
As long as we're dreaming...Injection molded Plastic "lid", hinged on one side, latches on the other with a gasket to seal out moisture. If anyone makes this a reality, I expect a 2% royalty for each unit produced and sold!:laugh:

RigglePLC
12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Great idea, Ted! Check is in the mail. Just forward proof that you were the first to think of that.
Creech, are you serious? So you put two bags in hopper and put an extra bag on top?
Huh? Where do you find a gorilla to push it?

And JB, you are absolutely correct. The stock covers leak at the corners even in a slight shower--the fert gets wet--Yuck! The whole hopper full is ruined--and then you have to find a way to dispose of it.
If I had my way the modernized cover would also make it easy to pour the fert out at the end of the day.