PDA

View Full Version : Collection Agencies

JDKSERVLLC
12-02-2010, 03:17 PM
I know there are a lot of treads with info on this subject but reading through 6, 8, 10 pages in any one tread to get the info is hurting my eyes so here it is.

I'm looking for contact information for collection agencies. Please either post the company name, contact name and number, and recommendations here or send me the information in a PM.

I have a few deadbeats that have received all the preliminary past due payment stuff, invoices sent 4 months in a row, certified letters on the 5th month and thats where I'm at. Next step is either Small Claims or Collections and I havenít talked to any collections companies to understand how they work.

poolboy
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
olddebts.com

C4chris70
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
olddebts.com for me too. I have seen about a 50% success rate through them.

yardguy28
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
i think you need to start with a stricter payment policy.

my invoices are due upon receipt. they are technically consider late after 15. after 30 days service automatically stops (no notification to client first) and they receive a final notice letter giving them 15 days to either contact me or pay up. after that your name is handed over to the collection agency i use.

Agape
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM
i think you need to start with a stricter payment policy.

my invoices are due upon receipt. they are technically consider late after 15. after 30 days service automatically stops (no notification to client first) and they receive a final notice letter giving them 15 days to either contact me or pay up. after that your name is handed over to the collection agency i use.

better yet- Autopay!:cool2:

topsites
12-03-2010, 12:38 AM
I simply tell them if they don't pay that I will make them come here to LS and
then I will make them READ every one of my posts all the way back to day 1
and omg I get paid so dang fast lol you just don't know.

Clark Griswold
12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I simply tell them if they don't pay that I will make them come here to LS and
then I will make them READ every one of my posts all the way back to day 1
and omg I get paid so dang fast lol you just don't know.

Pure torture TS, I'd pay up too!

Patriot Services
12-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Just having TS on my doorstep would make me get the checkbook. I picture him unfolding a lawnchair, cracking a cold one and regaling the deadbeat with LS stories through a megaphone.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
better yet- Autopay!:cool2:

i'd rather get out of the business than force clients to pay a certain way.

i think this auto pay thing was discussed in a different thread.

BCM
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
APR "American Profit Recovery" they specialize in Lawn Care collections
248-948-0656 is the office direct

800-711-0023 and ask for Andy Yavello tell him best Lawn care sent you and hell take care of ya

we send them 150-200 accounts a month, and is the best company we've worked with in the last 8 years

Agape
12-07-2010, 02:57 AM
i'd rather get out of the business than force clients to pay a certain way.

i think this auto pay thing was discussed in a different thread.

I'm not forcing anyone to pay a certain way any more than I want to force you to stay in business. I offer a $20/month "discount" for doing autopay, and all but 1 customer does it. and thats ok cause it's another jackson in my pocket,and I know what days I'll have payment, but yeah, wait 30 days and check the mail box every day as checks trickle in...I don't really care -good luck.

yardguy28
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm not forcing anyone to pay a certain way any more than I want to force you to stay in business. I offer a $20/month "discount" for doing autopay, and all but 1 customer does it. and thats ok cause it's another jackson in my pocket,and I know what days I'll have payment, but yeah, wait 30 days and check the mail box every day as checks trickle in...I don't really care -good luck.

yet another reason i'd rather stick with checks. i would not be offering a discount for using autopay. especially a monthly discount as large as $20.

lets say i have a client who pays for mowing only at $35 a cut. thats $140 a month. thats $980 for the season (based on 28 cuts). at $980 for the season with $140 per month, thats 7 billiable months.

lets apply your $20 a month discount thats $140 out of my pocket. and thats just one client. thats a lot of money just to have control over when you get payment.

thats just the way i see it. you guys can keep your autopay. i think i'll stick with the check and cash way since i don't have problems with it. i get my money on time from most. i'm not interested in loosing $140 per client just to get my payment the day after i invoice it. i can wait the 30 days for them to send in a check if thats how long they take.

absolutely NO discounts in my business PERIOD. i don't even do a discount for the clients that pay the entire season up front.

Patriot Services
12-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I would love to have my customers on an autopay system. Right now 75% use paypal. I still have a couple of old folks that don't even have a check book and insist on leaving me an envelope of cash every month. Probably keep it in a mattress too. No one system is going to work for everybody. I'm waiting for more banks to go with the ck photo app that chase has for I phone.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28
12-07-2010, 01:55 PM
oh don't get me wrong it would be nice to have clients on autopay.

but not so nice i'm willing to only take autopay as the form of payment. not so nice i'm willing to give a discount to encourage the use of it.

why would you want to loose some money just to get your payment sooner? most of my clients pay on time. it might be 10, 15 or 20 days from the day i send out the invoice but i get the full payment. so why would you give a $20 a month discount just to get the payment in 5 days or less. who cares when you get it, as long as its on time and for the full amount.

Agape
12-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I make what I want with autopay,if I want 120/month I price it at 140 and give a discount off that price, so I'm actually charging $20 more if they don't do it.

my estimate is actually worded: $120/month for your property with our autopay service(saves $20) or $140/month if you prefer to be invoiced.

I leave the prices blank to be filled in if the lawn is larger or front lawn only etc...

It does, however,cost to run credit cards, but it is soooooooo worth it not to have the headaches of billing and wondering when I'll be able to pay my house payment.

yardguy28
12-08-2010, 01:42 AM
I make what I want with autopay,if I want 120/month I price it at 140 and give a discount off that price, so I'm actually charging $20 more if they don't do it.

my estimate is actually worded: $120/month for your property with our autopay service(saves $20) or $140/month if you prefer to be invoiced.

I leave the prices blank to be filled in if the lawn is larger or front lawn only etc...

It does, however,cost to run credit cards, but it is soooooooo worth it not to have the headaches of billing and wondering when I'll be able to pay my house payment.

while i don't have a house payment i do have bills to pay. and i never worry or wonder when i will be able to pay those.

i don't live pay check to check (not saying you do). my money to bills comes from whats in my bank accounts. i don't NEED to have my money right away from clients so i can pay my bills. i could probably go at least a year without getting paid a cent from any of my clients before i would start hurting for money.