PDA

View Full Version : How have you narrowed down your mailing list?

walker-talker
12-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Few years ago I did around of 2500 postcards twice, but didn't have good results. I narrowed my list down to age (50+), Home value (80K+) and a few other things.

Next year my budget allows me to put out 5,000 three different times for a total of 15,000 if I just use a mail carrier route. I could send all 5,000 to homes with values of $300K+ OR I cound send 2,500 three times for a total of 7,500. With this mailing I could narrow my list down to say 1)zip code, 2)women & 3)ages 65+ (this is just an example). To be honest, I am not sure if there is enough women within this range, but I will know more tomorrow.

Anyways, I am just wondering how others have narrowed down their mailing list and what kind of results you had with postcards?

Thanks,
Matt

TheGoat
12-03-2010, 12:43 AM
How are you determining your demographics for your targeted mailings?
my suggestion would be to look at your current clients decide what group most of your clients come from, and then filter further for a higher income level.

the 2nd part of the equation is to create an ad that will get the attention of the group you are targeting.

I would go with a 5k mailing 3 times, but split each of those mailings into two different ad groups. send em out at the same time and see which ad gets the best results.

grassmasterswilson
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
i always use household income and then for specific zip codes. in the past i used 75k combined income, but am thinking of lowering that so that the single elderly people might get one. would love to get high end accounts, but haven't had much success swaying them with mailers. in the process of creating a website.