PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

M & MD Lawn
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey Guys,

So heres the story:

This past summer I was driving in a new area at night and it was raining and I slid into a curb, hoped the curb. Steering wheel was out of alignment bad, so the next day I go to the tire place which I had already had to get tires anyway and they take a look at it and say everything is fine besides I new a new lower ball joint because it had play and a alignment of course. They also tell me I need a new gearbox but that likely was bad before, and I told them I had a little play in the wheel before. So they tell me that they can align and things and I will be set. They do that and it drives fine, tires wear correctly, only thing is i need a new gearbox which I will be getting in spring.............

Now heres the issue as you can see in the pics the passenger tire is slightly bent in! so when I am on the highway i can feel it a bit but not on the regular streets, I am trying to figure out what needs to be replaced control arms or what? Everything operates as it should but at highway speeds I get a shake sorta, so anyone have an idea where I should start????? And also I plan on the truck getting a plow next season so I dont want this to get worse when that weight is applied.

BTW its a 97 GMC Sierra 2500 8600 gvwr 454

GunnPropertyServices
12-04-2010, 01:14 AM
take it to a different shop, i have a 98 chevy and had problems with alignment etc in the past, Had it aligned at a regular tire place twice with in a year still had problems i then took it to a shop that specilizes in alignments etc on reg truck and semis buses etc not a problem since, that was like 5 years ago. most these tire round up type places dont really know that much except changing tires