PDA

View Full Version : Which ZTR?

acdame
08-24-2002, 09:28 PM
I am going to replace my 42 inch craftsman with a ZTR. It is taking about 1.5 hrs to mow 1.5 acres. I would like to get down to about 40 minutes. How big of a machine would I need and how fast should it travel?

The two models that I am considering are the new CountryClipper JAZee or the Hustler Fastrac. I am going to demo the countryclipper on Thursday.

I dont know if I should by one of the more commercial units, or stick with the residential ones. I know that speed is a factor. Also, I noticed that on the "resi" cheaper models, the pump and wheel motor are one unit...This could be a servicing nightmare.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

longviewlawncare
08-28-2002, 07:51 PM
the hustlers are very nice. I would get a Mini Z and if not then a fastrak.

amrupp
09-12-2002, 04:33 PM
acdame -

I was in the exact situation as you and also considered the Fastrak. Compared to all other homeowner units available, the Fastrak seemed to be much more solidly built. I really don't think you'd go wrong there, and the price (around $4600 for 18/52 model) isn't bad. I kept looking for a used commercial model, preferrably Exmark or Toro. Just before I was ready to break down and buy a new Fastrak, I found a used Exmark Lazer HP, 48" with 19 hp Kaw, 100 hours, for $3800. I jumped on it and have been happy as pig in s**t. I also cut 1.5 acres and have more than cut my time in half.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want any more info on the areas I searched and models I looked at. Good luck!