PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Leaf Blower? HELP

ciaa cleaning
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I currently own a stihl BR380, small unit and want to purchase either two stihl 600 magnums or one walk behind leaf blower. This is a new business so I need help in deciding which way I should go. I mostly work alone but have hired part time help.

Please give me some feedback.

zapy
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I currently own a stihl BR380, small unit and want to purchase either two stihl 600 magnums or one walk behind leaf blower. This is a new business so I need help in deciding which way I should go. I mostly work alone but have hired part time help.

Please give me some feedback.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=PB-770H&Category=POWERBLOWER

The ECHO PB770 is by far the most powerful backpack blower out there. Their 5 year warrany (homeowner) or 2 year commercial cannot be beat. Find a good local dealer and purchase from him/her. You will be taken care of. I went from the Stihl you had to this beast and could cut one guy and be more productive than two guys with that Stihl. I promise you won't be sorry. Buy two of these and be so productive you won't know what to do with your spare time. Leaf clean up is always more tedious and time consuming than mowing - at least i used to think that until I bought the Echo. Stihl doesn't have anything to compete with it. IIRC their "best" blower is merely their next level down model with the end tube from a smaller unit making it seem more powerful. While it has great MPH the CFM's aren't there. You need not only a high speed out the tube but also a LOT of that high speed air. The volume of air makes a lot of difference.