PDA

View Full Version : clipping discharge problems with my xr7

GreenEarthLawnCare
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
at the begining of the 10 season i bought a new hustler z with the 60inch xr7 deck. i really love the mower its great on hills and you sit low on it and can fit under lots of trees. I think the mower stripes very nice and cuts pretty clean.. only problem i have is the clippings are very long and it doesnt discarge them well.. i run the stock blades.. ive run doubles with a gator on top and the stocks on bottom didnt really help much and put to much strain when engaging the pto. ive also run just the gators but they didnt stripe well and didnt cut near as clean and the stock ones do... ive heard of ppl fixing this problem but dont know what they have done. i really love the mower i just have to fix they problem before the next season.. any help on my problem would be great!! :)

mowerconsultant
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
What is your model and serial #?

GreenEarthLawnCare
12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
the model number is 927772B and the serial number is 09010576... thanks a lot for your response

mowerconsultant
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
the model number is 927772B and the serial number is 09010576... thanks a lot for your response

You have the most current version of the XR-7 deck already and there isn't a update to change anything to it.
Have you talked to your dealer?
Your dealer may have some suggestions for cutting in your area.
I would stay with the stock Fusion blades and make sure the engine RPM's and deck belt are right, as well and triple check the deck pitch and level.

Pj

1 zero turn
12-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Should the engine rpm's be set with the deck engaged or not? Would this make much of a difference?

GreenEarthLawnCare
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
well my dealer is a very nice guy that gets parts super fast... but sadly i no more about the mower than he did. so asking him might not help much. now when i looked on hustlers web site the picture showing the bottom of the xr7 deck was different that the deck i had... also the blade tip speeds are shown different for every model they make.. is there a way i can improve my cutting but using pieces off other hustlers. and how are they making the blade tip speeds different? is it different size deck pulleys? also would another triangle piece in between the other to blades help fix my problem. im willing to do anything to get this thing to cut right. next year i cant double cut as much as i did this year. i have three very large park and school grounds that need to look there best. im not knocking hustler at all cuz i love the mower. it has so many great things other zero turns just do come close to.

mowerconsultant
12-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Should the engine rpm's be set with the deck engaged or not? Would this make much of a difference?

They are set with the deck off.

Pj

mowerconsultant
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM
well my dealer is a very nice guy that gets parts super fast... but sadly i no more about the mower than he did. so asking him might not help much. now when i looked on hustlers web site the picture showing the bottom of the xr7 deck was different that the deck i had... also the blade tip speeds are shown different for every model they make.. is there a way i can improve my cutting but using pieces off other hustlers. and how are they making the blade tip speeds different? is it different size deck pulleys? also would another triangle piece in between the other to blades help fix my problem. im willing to do anything to get this thing to cut right. next year i cant double cut as much as i did this year. i have three very large park and school grounds that need to look there best. im not knocking hustler at all cuz i love the mower. it has so many great things other zero turns just do come close to.

As I mentioned, you have the latest version of the XR-7, it doesn't use the triangle pieces.
As to the blade tip speed, your at 18,400, which is where it needs to be, I wouldn't change it.
We really need to get this mower looked at by a dealer, yours or another, our regional service manager can work with the dealer to get this taken care of.

Pj

GreenEarthLawnCare
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
yes i really would like it to get set up properly by someone that has experienced these problems and knows how the best go about fixing it.

str400ex
12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
thats just the way they cut great mower with a not so good deck

Mimowerman
01-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Try Running exmark High lift blades.... this solved my quality of cut problem.... and im buying another new 2011 super z .... cant wait for the new deck!!!