PDA

View Full Version : Lesco bending me over without a kiss!

Nitroman
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Sorry for the title but it's true. Over the years I've found that if I don't purchase a lot of product from John Deer Landscapes(Lesco), a tiny part that should cost me $4 max is $30 or $40. They wanted to charge me $30 for a 3" rubber seal for my screen cover on my 200 gal tank. You know the one you can see through about the size of a oil filter. Unscrew it to spray of the screen.

Well I didn't winterize the tank in time and the plastic screw on cover broke. They want $40 for that little piece of plastic.

Does anyone know where I can get one these for a reasonable price?

ToniDavies
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
If this what you are talking about - http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=2179 you are right they are very expensive. The strainer is made by Hypro.
Toni

Ric
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Nitroman

Go to tractor Supply and replace the whole strainer for about $ 20. The plumbing is a bigger PITA than the cost of the strainer. I have 2 Lesco skid sprayer and Lesco no longer stocks screens for that Strainer that are made in Italy. I finally just replaced the whole In Line strainer.

I laugh at Tractor Supply when they first came to my town, Now I am there good customer.

rcreech
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I agree with Ric!

You can get spray parts from anywhere...and my favorite and the best/cheapest place I have found over the last several years is Agri-Mart.

They are usually half price of everyone...and surprisingly enough their quality is not an issue.

I have purchased many parts from them and never an issue!

RigglePLC
12-07-2010, 03:45 PM
The Tractor Supply link.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/agriculture-farming-ranching/sprayer-parts-accessories/sprayer-strainers/polypropylene-strainer-1-in-dia-50m-2114130

Shegardi
12-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Part of the reason I don't shop their stores anymore.

Nitroman
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the info. I found a nylon one through Advanced Turf for $13. Its a Hypro, not see through but more durable.