PDA

View Full Version : who's still doing cleanups

lawnpro724
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
We have been trying to get the last of our cleanups done but the weather has been a real pain. October and the first part of Nov. were so dry we had a burn ban around the lake area so we couldn't do any of our bigger cleanups. Now rain, snow and high winds and very cold temps are making it near impossible to get things done. My customers have been understanding and patient but I would like to get this season over with. Is anyone still doing cleanups in the midwest?

Groomer
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I did 5 more finals on friday before the cold and snow- still have some random cleanups that could be finished but not crucial, If I catch a warm spell, I'll hook up the trailer!

Impressions Landscaping
12-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Still doing clean-ups and leaf pick ups. Trucks are all ready for plowing and it only takes an hour to pull the leaf box off. I'll do clean ups until 2 hours before a storm!

lawnkingforever
12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I cleaned up all of my equipment on Saturday and moved it down into my shed for the winter. I had a couple of small leaf clean ups that I could not get to, but they were for current lawn customers. With all of the rain last week and now 2" of snow on the ground now, I need to put this season to rest once in for all. I called the 2 customers and they were understanding of the situation. Both of the jobs were very small and close to my house where I dump my leaves. If we catch a warm spell I may go old school with a tarp and a rake just to get them done. If not they will be first on my list in the Spring. I hope not to hook my trailer back up or see my mowers until Spring. With such a long season finally over, I forgot how nice it is to drive my truck, without a trailer attached to it.

Lefet
12-06-2010, 04:47 PM
We've got 2 more to do, not bad just "touch ups" due to a recent storm. Was out today trimming hedges, not looking forward to leaves tomorrow, wind was really KICKING and suppose to do the same tomorrow. I too am ready to put this season to bed and wake up to SPRING!!!

Kartanimal29
12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm still doing clean up's and pick up's. I keep getting call's so I'll do them till it starts to snow. You don't make any money sitting on the couch :)

Charles
12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Cleanups last in SC until January 10th or so.

hackitdown
12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Finished my last one on Monday 12/6. Not getting calls. I'm done.

modedicebox
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
I'm still doing clean up's and pick up's. I keep getting call's so I'll do them till it starts to snow. You don't make any money sitting on the couch :)

Im with this guy, but its a 9 degree wind chill right now, Im working in the shop not outside.

sven1277
12-07-2010, 08:25 PM
We still have about 25 left with stragglers still coming in. I'm ready to finish up, but when the calls keep coming...

mjlawncare
12-07-2010, 09:34 PM
we have 7 cleanups left had a little snow yesterday and didnt melt to much where are cleanups are left so we will wait and see what happens

Chilehead
12-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm wrapping them up this week.

midlandlawncare
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Still getting calls , leaves are not quite done. It depends on the tree's. some oaks have yet to empty. That and some people will call a week before christmas for me to do a cleanup , gutters , etc. Looking forward to spring for sure , fixing to head out right now and its 18 degrees. Been leaving the house in the 20's the last few days, damn cold wind makes it worse.

MLAWCARE
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Have three left and a decent size mulch job to do hope to be finished on Friday so I can finally start to relax and start doing office work.

corey4671
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I was rolling right along until the monday before Thanksgiving when the transmission went out in my truck. Granted the weather hasn't been ideal since then either but I'm supposed to get my truck back today. The winter fund just took a hit for sure!

Chilehead
12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I was rolling right along until the monday before Thanksgiving when the transmission went out in my truck. Granted the weather hasn't been ideal since then either but I'm supposed to get my truck back today. The winter fund just took a hit for sure!

The transmission on my truck went out in June of this year.:cry::cry::cry:......Yeah, July and August were less than optimal to say the least. If I recovered with zero cancellations in the thick of mowing season (no pun intended:laugh:), you'll do fine. You may want to push a "Holiday Spruce-up" theme to recover some lost cleanups/mulch jobs.

ygim
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I am still doing clean ups, just a few more.

Groomer
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I could really use a week of at least 40 degrees! Really don't want to blow the snow outta the way to get to the leaves! Oh well, from cooked to cold, one of those years..

corey4671
12-10-2010, 09:29 AM
The transmission on my truck went out in June of this year.:cry::cry::cry:......Yeah, July and August were less than optimal to say the least. If I recovered with zero cancellations in the thick of mowing season (no pun intended:laugh:), you'll do fine. You may want to push a "Holiday Spruce-up" theme to recover some lost cleanups/mulch jobs.

Oh crap man i was just thinking this week how i was glad this didn't happen in may or june! All my customers have been understanding through this. Even the one timers.
Posted via Mobile Device

1993lx172
12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I have one to do tomorrow then I'll finally be done for the season :weightlifter::cool2::clapping:

Kennedy Landscaping
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Still going here for me....

bradseabridge
12-10-2010, 01:45 PM
me too, I have 3 more for sure, doing my yard right now. and hopefully the two I have in the works pull through, I could really use the cash after the terrible mowing season here in central VA, the heat really killed us.

lawnprosteveo
12-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Ive got another week or two to go. Lasts til about Christmas around here. Then you will still get the occasional straggler calling.

KS_Grasscutter
12-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Finished my yard today, now I'm in the process of cleaning up equipment and getting it put up for the winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

MLAWCARE
12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Done for the season possible one more but I dont think it will fall in place. finished last one today and starting the process of cleaning the equipment and changing oil etc:)

Barefoot James
12-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Put it this way - everyday we have sun and no snow on the ground we can work. Every yard looks bad (especially our competitions) and can use a clean up. Should be a great winter if the weather cooperates.