PDA

View Full Version : Zero Turn Core Aerator (core plugger)

mcnasty95
12-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Has anyone tried the Zero Turn Core Aerator (core plugger)
that attaches to the front of a zero turn mower is NOT a Jrco.This one goes for like $450 .Has a video but is rather grainy cant see plugs. http://www.countryztr.com/lawnaerators.htm

jay12
12-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Good question, I am very curious myself?

mcnasty95
12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Also saw one called the zrator but it like $1100 Now that one looks really good the other one looks like it might be kinda flimsy. but for 450 bucks!!!!
http://www.zrator.com/

djlunchbox
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
i saw the zrator yesterday at the new england grows show, its pure badass. the hub mounts are made of 5/8" steel. built to last, heavy as hell. the price is the holding me back right now.

BrunoT
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
The z rator looks bona fide. The other looks like it'd lack durability and especially down-pressure for really hard soil. (which is why you're aerating to a large degree). I like how the z rator seems to just use a trailer jack to mechanically apply the downforce by lifting the mower, rather than the quicker but more fragile and expensive hydraulic/electric systems used in the past. I'll crank the thing up/down every now and then to avoid walk aerating lawns. I think with some thought put into how to overlap passes it'd work pretty well for the price for those who don't do enough to justify a $8,000 machine.

The biggest issue is will they still be around when something breaks, and does it fit your particular machine? So many of these companies seem to fall out of this end of the business after a while.

mcnasty95
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
just checked they are $1895- Charles:
Thanks for your inquiry.
The best way to describe the ZRATOR is it is built like a tank, so it is hard to appreciate just how well it is built until you see one.
We have a factory direct special going on right now.
1895.00 any model plus
FREE FREIGHT to your door plus
no sales tax to be added plus
unit is delivered fully assembled and ready to mount to your mower.
The ZRATOR is a highly productive True steerable core plug aerator. While also eliminating operator fatigue. It comes with a one year warrenty on parts and labor. The tines are the same as most popular walk behinds use. Making it a good HD duty tine. We use cast iron pillow block bearings as well as cast iron high speed spindles all US MADE!!
Thanks again for contacting us. should wish to speak to one of our present customers I would be happy to provide you with some names and numbers to see how the ZRATOR is doing in thier Landscape business.
We hope to hear from you
Carl
sales@zrator.com

djlunchbox
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
the "U" shaped brackets that support the tines are a single piece of bent 5/8" steel. it's built tough. at the show, his booth was set up inside on a concrete floor. i sat on the zero turn, and he cranked the damn thing all the way up while my 275lb ass was on the machine to show how it doesn't flex. the edges of the tines were probably supporting close to 4-600 lbs on each. they didn't bend at all. honestly, i like to fab stuff up, and this thing is super heavy duty. i build stuff overkill, and this was even tougher than something i would make. you can easily use the tines as your front wheels, pushing through some hard clay very easily. again, i do not have any affiliation with this company, or have any real world experience, but i was really liking it in person. after using a bluebird last year, i quickly grew to hate it. i was tired after my own small yard. anything that i can sit on my ass and make money with, i'm game.:D. we'll get one if we make enough to justify it this coming season.

tigertownman
02-14-2011, 02:13 PM
what about the 6 inch gap inbetween each grouping of tines . You have a group of tines on each side , and then a 6 inch gap in the middle , I may be wrong but that is what turned me off to them , when i seen similar ones at the GIE EXPO last october.

djlunchbox
02-16-2011, 12:20 PM
that bugged me too. i was turned off at first and thought that was a bad design, and a major downfall. it annoyed me in fact. he said that was one thing they had to sacrifice in the design, in order to make it work as intended. i dont see any other way to make it a true zero turn accessory tho. the "cure" was to overlap and criss cross the lawn. you can move so much faster on a zero turn that it seems like this would still be faster. i cant afford a nice stand alone unit yet, so this looked like the best option at the show in that price range. i looked at the jrco "spoon" aerator, and laughed. there was huge differences. somebody should buy one for me so i can try it out:laugh:

jwsland
08-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Pulled up this old thread from a google search.

Just wondering if there are any new reviews on this product or any other new products like this one. The middle gap really bothers me too.

Kenb2920
03-11-2014, 01:26 AM
OK, giving this thread another bump before I start a new one. How has this unit been holding up and will it fit a Scag Cheetah? In general, how have the zero turn add-on aerators been working?