PDA

View Full Version : Child Friendly Mulch???

ofishil
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Does anyone in or around Texas have any kind of contact information for "Engineered Wood Fiber" mulch. Basically mulch for a playground that is acceptable for playground use. Rubber is to expensive so now we are looking into something more economical. We are in South Texas and dont mind getting it trucked in. We have two areas. One is 75' x 35' and the other is 45' x 25'. Thanks

cdjones
12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Im in virginia they have a certified play ground mulch here ive used it alot basicallt its normal hardwood type mulch that has been quadrouple shredded.

Turf Dawg
12-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Does anyone in or around Texas have any kind of contact information for "Engineered Wood Fiber" mulch. Basically mulch for a playground that is acceptable for playground use. Rubber is to expensive so now we are looking into something more economical. We are in South Texas and dont mind getting it trucked in. We have two areas. One is 75' x 35' and the other is 45' x 25'. Thanks

This may be too far for you but I know this company has the "Kiddie Cushion" playground mulch. http://www.envirmulch.com/

MarcSmith
12-11-2010, 09:31 AM
for play ground mulch...for safety you should stay awayfrom shredded and move more to a "chip" style.

Most certified playground wood mulches are chip style.

I have a daycare facility on campus and I have to order 20 yards of tot lot chips every year so the facility can maintain its certification.