PDA

View Full Version : Everyone has a hand out

stevenf
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, this year has been hell for me. Paying all of my profit toward new equipment, had that equipment stolen with no insurance(long story)..... Just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Bank account was starting to level out, got a winter job to pay off most of my new equipment and BAM.... just got a letter for personal property tax. $1,300.00!!!! and I only have 2 weeks to pay it.
I live with my parents, dont own property for myself. The tax is based on personal property that I own such as mowers and truck. Leave it up to the state to tax me for OWNING A F"ING TRUCK! while no other induvudual has to pay these fees. When you own a business, everyone has a hand out and wants your money. Do things the right way and suffer for it. Also got a self audit form for workers comp. Even though I didnt have employees and dont owe them anything.... Sometimes it gets tiring haveing to prove to people that your money is truly yours....

Sorry for the vent!, I am paying personal property tax for the first time and man does it drive me crazy! Any other states like this?

walker-talker
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Never heard of property tax on equipment, but yes to truck and trailer. In fact, just wrote a check for the trailer 30 minutes ago.....$32.41. I could of done a half payment, but I like to clear my debts ASAP...lol.
I think my truck runs around $250 a year.

AI Inc
12-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Its not actualy property tax its excise tax.

ef200098
12-23-2010, 12:47 AM
I pay it every year. In Missouri, any equipment that your write off as an expense, or depreciate, will be taxed (yet again) every year. I can understand the truck and trailer for using the roads, but mowers and computers and trimmers etc? give me a f'ing break. Its a catch 22. If you want to write it off, you have to pay tax on it every year. its rediculous

Mike