PDA

View Full Version : Tough economy

Wright48
12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I have just gotten my lic. for pesticides and plan on offering it to my custoomers next season but how do you upsell this expensive ipm package to them? any suggestions ?

fireman gus
12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Most of our customers were already using a weed control company when I got my license. When I told the that I had gooten the state license to spray they went with me because of the convenience.

RigglePLC
12-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Explain that you will do a better job, offer a better guarantee, quicker service, more personalized service, more experienced people, better fert, better weed killer products. Make sure they understand that a small companies have many features and benefits that big companies cannot match.

Assume that the economy will gradually improve. Be aggressive--work hard now--ride the wave of the recovery.

fl-landscapes
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I have just gotten my lic. for pesticides and plan on offering it to my custoomers next season but how do you upsell this expensive ipm package to them? any suggestions ?

be sure to change this to "beneficial ipm package" when you sell it. Also If you think it is "expensive" it will be tough to sell. Convince yourself not only is it not expensive but worth every penny, remind them and yourself of, cost benefit analysis.

phasthound
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Hopefully you were able to attend the NJ Green Expo from Tues to today at Atlantic City.

daveyo
12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Hopefully you were able to attend the NJ Green Expo from Tues to today at Atlantic City.

I was there the three days, some really good info and some repetitive stuff, but yea your right I think no matter how much education you have try and attend any field trips, or seminars and get yourself a good weed id book "Weeds of the Northeast" maybe I like that one, I use it frequently.