PDA

View Full Version : Spread it and forget it

superintendent
12-08-2010, 04:07 PM
How many of yall are going to do the sifi next yr? As of right now I'm going to do all of my accountants with it.

grassman177
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
just the ones that are yearly even pay accounts that are full service

CHARLES CUE
12-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I got some Ball fields that i would like to try it on and a couple other accounts that i could use it on.

But as far as all of them no way. What if some of your account cancel on you.

How do you plan on billing your accounts. Or are all your accounts full service?

Talked to oneapp Tim for about a hour and a half at the GIE show. That guy knows alot. Had a great time

Charles Cue

cgaengineer
12-11-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a couple I'm going to try it one...one of them is my own lawn.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shegardi
12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
all my prepaid yearly accounts and all the commercials with contracts

grassman177
12-11-2010, 04:41 PM
you guys will be impressed. i used it on four lawns this year as a test and they were perfectly green if not greener and thicker than regular app lawns. less weeds as the turf vigor never slowed down.

Shegardi
12-11-2010, 04:51 PM
yes, I had great results with SIFI too

cgaengineer
12-11-2010, 07:40 PM
you guys will be impressed. i used it on four lawns this year as a test and they were perfectly green if not greener and thicker than regular app lawns. less weeds as the turf vigor never slowed down.

This is what I'm looking for...
Posted via Mobile Device

superintendent
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
grassman, are you going to use it on the yards that don't pay ahead. I thought about taking my chances with it. I've been using nitroforms and don't like the color of it. Been talking with my Agrium rep and I like what I'm hearing and seeing from the sifi

grassman177
12-12-2010, 01:00 AM
only on lawns that pay monthly, which of course gives three months pre payment before we do any work. so yes and no

zeroturnman
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Used SIFI last year on many of my commercial and resdiential accounts. Talked with all my accounts first about the added benefits and the results they could expect and explained the added cost was not any more than doing four applications separately.

Over 80% of these clients choose to use it. We had a lot of rain this summer in Iowa and it worked beautifully. It provided a nice dark green even growth all through the season with no growth surge after application.

My show place was our bank located at our highway intersection. Received many compliments about the lawn. My lawn mechanic who maintains his own lawn and is fussy told me to make sure he is on my list for 2011.

I have already ordered even more for this year at the same price as a year ago.

grass4gas
01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
How many of yall are going to do the sifi next yr? As of right now I'm going to do all of my accountants with it.

How many "accountants" do you have?:laugh:

superintendent
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I do over 40 accountants jk

bug-guy
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
i'm sorry but what product are you all talkin about???

ReddensLawnCare
01-31-2011, 09:57 AM
I could be wrong about the sifi, but it doesnt have any weed preventer in it does it? If it does not, does adding a pre-em with a fert cause to much nitrogen release or growth being out of control for a while. I tried to find it on there website but couldnt find a good answer..thanks

grassman177
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
sure it does. well, of course i did not use scfi. i used the original...one ap. it has cavalcade on it, or not, however i want it

ReddensLawnCare
01-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh ok..i just did some more research on the website and I found that they do. thanks for the response tho!

gunsnroses
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
It would seem to me that once this fertilizer absorbs water and you run over it with your mower, the tires would simply pop it and instantly release everything. How about spreading it.....I would think the coating could crack on impact of the spreader and throw off the time release.

grassman177
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
it doesnt. we looked in the ground and found many different stages of decomp and wsating away. it is kinda pliable so it does not crack

Jason Rose
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Grassman, you are in my region, where are you buying it from? I'd like to give it a try myself... However with 2 apps of preemergent plus spraying weeds once or twice you have to be on the property anyway, what's the real benifit? Are you applying your pre-em as a granular with no fert (0-0-7) or spraying it as a liquid? Or doing your first app with just a standard fert + pre then doing the second app with the sifi that then lasts the remainder of the season? Are you still throwing a fall/winter app down to boost the roots before going into winter or is the sifi (oneapp) good enough? I think I've seen another thread reguarding price and that it's about equal per 1,000 as the purchace price for 4 or 5 apps of conventional fert, is that right? It's just the labor savings that are where the payback comes in.

I have some larger props that this would be promising on, so that I'm not getting the spike of surge growth then gradual yellowing before the next app. K-31 is the worst and unfortunately I have propertys that are mostly K-31.

grass4gas
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Agrium sells it. I'm trying 3 bags...1 with dimension, 1 with barricade and 1 regular fert.

I was told by my rep that you would want to put it down in the mid to late april time frame, provided that the lawn had a good fall feeding last year. This would take you through the spring and summer season. He then suggested to put down a good fall application of your normal type fert.

Of course this is in the northeast area, so it might be different in the midwest. I know grassman started a thread on this product last year. It still pops up ocasionally.

grassman177
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Grassman, you are in my region, where are you buying it from? I'd like to give it a try myself... However with 2 apps of preemergent plus spraying weeds once or twice you have to be on the property anyway, what's the real benifit? Are you applying your pre-em as a granular with no fert (0-0-7) or spraying it as a liquid? Or doing your first app with just a standard fert + pre then doing the second app with the sifi that then lasts the remainder of the season? Are you still throwing a fall/winter app down to boost the roots before going into winter or is the sifi (oneapp) good enough? I think I've seen another thread reguarding price and that it's about equal per 1,000 as the purchace price for 4 or 5 apps of conventional fert, is that right? It's just the labor savings that are where the payback comes in.

I have some larger props that this would be promising on, so that I'm not getting the spike of surge growth then gradual yellowing before the next app. K-31 is the worst and unfortunately I have propertys that are mostly K-31.

we have to get it from the source in chicago. no dealers nearer me. even with shipping i figured the total cost of fert for one season with both one app and my regular fert program.

the one app is all i put down on my test lawns last year(got free bags to try). it had barricade on it. you could have to liquid a grub app or buy without fert cuz you dont need ANY additonal fert ever with the one app. check that thread out for allthe pics through the year. it was super green all the way till winter finally geta grip.

also, any weed touch up thru the year, but conversely i never even sprayed my test lawns except one as there was simply never any weeds. the lawn was too thick from never being starved like in between other normal rounds of fert. i did have dramaticially less nutsedge on notoriously bad areas using this too. all of it a result of thicker turf.

so, back to the pricing. on a 100K area i found a total yearly savings on fert to be aobut $450. quite alot huh? it is very expensive up front, but is cheaper in the yearly outlook.

One-AP TIM
02-07-2011, 01:38 AM

Jason,

There is a possibility weíll have a distributor in the KC area this year for our One AP brand. One AP is a SiFi certified blend. We began blending and marketing One AP in Chicago and Minneapolis in 2005. When we get distribution figured out for KC Iíll send you a message. If you have time skip over to the Fertilizer Forum. Grassman stated a thread a year ago and it has a bunch of good information on One AP and SiFi. You can also find more information at www.one-ap.com or www.spreaditandforgetit.com

Jason Rose
02-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Jason,

There is a possibility weíll have a distributor in the KC area this year for our One AP brand. One AP is a SiFi certified blend. We began blending and marketing One AP in Chicago and Minneapolis in 2005. When we get distribution figured out for KC Iíll send you a message. If you have time skip over to the Fertilizer Forum. Grassman stated a thread a year ago and it has a bunch of good information on One AP and SiFi. You can also find more information at www.one-ap.com or www.spreaditandforgetit.com

Thanks for the info!

I asked my salesman (gardenwise) about it and he had never heard of it and said there's no such thing as a fertilizer that would last all year since fescue needs 2 to 4 pounds of N per year. That's just what he said. I knew of this one AP product already... I love when the customer knows more about what's on the market than the people selling the stuff on a daily basis...

jay12
02-07-2011, 02:51 AM
What is the estimated cost per 1000 or cost per bag if anyone doesnt care to share.

ReddensLawnCare
02-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I met with a rep the other day and really didnt get it...Its called one app, but for a full schedule, he told me I would be applying an app on feb 15 with barricade, then an app with just fert in the summer, then a starter that would not double as a winterizer..so essentially it seems that I will still be putting out 4 products to do the process right which is what I already do...maybe I am misunderstanding what he told me but until he sends me the prices that he was going to work up, i wasnt crazy about the idea...atleast not for my customers, but maybe my property

One-AP TIM
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I met with a rep the other day and really didnt get it...Its called one app, but for a full schedule, he told me I would be applying an app on feb 15 with barricade, then an app with just fert in the summer, then a starter that would not double as a winterizer..so essentially it seems that I will still be putting out 4 products to do the process right which is what I already do...maybe I am misunderstanding what he told me but until he sends me the prices that he was going to work up, i wasnt crazy about the idea...atleast not for my customers, but maybe my property

Reddens,

This doesnít sound like our product One AP or any other SiFi certified product. Currently we do not have distribution in your area. One AP or any SiFi certified product will be designed for a once a year treatment. The recommended rate of N would be around 3LB/1000 annually for your growing zone. Go to the SiFi sight to locate a distributor in your area. www.spreaditandforgetit.com

ReddensLawnCare
02-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Reddens,

This doesnít sound like our product One AP or any other SiFi certified product. Currently we do not have distribution in your area. One AP or any SiFi certified product will be designed for a once a year treatment. The recommended rate of N would be around 3LB/1000 annually for your growing zone. Go to the SiFi sight to locate a distributor in your area. www.spreaditandforgetit.com

I spoke with someone who manages the winston salem and charlotte area..I will pm you

Shegardi
02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Grassman, you are in my region, where are you buying it from? I'd like to give it a try myself... .

All you have to do is go to the www.spreaditandforgetit.com site and click on Find Distributor.