PDA

View Full Version : a dump trailer that actually dumps?

Jerry and Sons
12-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I currently have an appilation 14ft dump trailer that is so poorly designed that it can not dump a load. The rear of the trailer hits the ground before it is up all the way. I have tried useing a lower hitch on the truck but still not enough room to be able to dump the load. Looking for in put on trailers that actually dump.
Thanks

Gravel Rat
12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Any dump trailer I seen that are between the wheels are all the same, in my mind a dump trailer is a poor replacement for a dump truck.

The only other option you have is modify it into a deck over wheels trailer or sell the trailer and buy a deck over wheels dump trailer.

WorldsStrongestLandscaper
12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't sell my Cam Superline ever! Best 7500$ I ever spent. 14' long 14000 GVRW! BIG STEVE B CT STRENGTH WSL
Posted via Mobile Device

doubleedge
12-09-2010, 06:01 PM
If your axles are mounted above the leaf springs, you could try to remount them below the leaf springs to give a couple of inches of lift.

SimonCX
12-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I have a big tex 14' low pro and it dumps without a problem but the deck is higher then alot of other dump trailers I looked at. Our dump trucks have there place but so does the trailer.

4 seasons lawn&land
12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow thats crazy. I have a lo pro load trail and it doesnt hit the ground. The angle is also good to dump no prob. Sometimes mulch or brush needs a little help

seabee1
12-10-2010, 01:33 PM
dosent sound like the dump angle is set right for the overhang at the rear pivot

davidhoy.pt
12-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I have a "deck over" Bri-mar dump that is 8 years old and dumps beautifully. For all of you "dump trailer haters": I can haul more legally than any t-tag, it costs less to insure, less to register and is far less $$ to operate.

newjerseylandscaping
12-11-2010, 08:09 PM
You can try to add heavyer duty leaf springs and adasprings to add height to it, or modify it to have more ground clearance. can you post pics so we can get a better idea of what your issue is? thanks, nj

mattfromNY
12-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I have a 10' PJ. Other than a bad battery that wouldnt hold a charge, I've had no problems hauling or dumping up to 6 tons (slightly illegal/ overloaded) of topsoil. The bed is higher than some, but just right to slide a wheelbarrow under. 3 way tailgate, pull out ramps, and built like a tank.

meador56
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
My trailer is a 14X7 between the wheels will dump up to 6-ton any where but not a bunch of times back to back you get ahead of the battery. That's about the only thing our dump has on it though.

MDLawn
12-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I currently have an appilation 14ft dump trailer that is so poorly designed that it can not dump a load. The rear of the trailer hits the ground before it is up all the way. I have tried useing a lower hitch on the truck but still not enough room to be able to dump the load. Looking for in put on trailers that actually dump.
Thanks

Isn't this something you checked out before purchase? I'm not trying to be an a-hole but with the two I have purchased I must have cycled each one at least 10 times to see how it worked. Sounds like the manufacturer goofed that one. On my first dump trailer when it was fully up the back was down pretty close but not that close. My current is a 14ft Sure-Trac 14k and works like a charm. Havent truly tested its lifting capacity yet but it will get a workout come spring.

AdvLandscapeLLC
12-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Any dump trailer I seen that are between the wheels are all the same, in my mind a dump trailer is a poor replacement for a dump truck.

The only other option you have is modify it into a deck over wheels trailer or sell the trailer and buy a deck over wheels dump trailer.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

newjerseylandscaping
12-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Is this happening when its loaded.

pitrack
12-21-2010, 02:51 AM
I have a 10' PJ. Other than a bad battery that wouldnt hold a charge, I've had no problems hauling or dumping up to 6 tons (slightly illegal/ overloaded) of topsoil. The bed is higher than some, but just right to slide a wheelbarrow under. 3 way tailgate, pull out ramps, and built like a tank.

I have that same problem on my 14' PJ. Have you found any solution?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I know right?

meador56
12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I have that same problem on my 14' PJ. Have you found any solution?

I know right?
Just make sure you have a direct connection to the battery in the truck thru your plug. I've noticed a lot of corosion on the plug spade.

pitrack
12-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Just make sure you have a direct connection to the battery in the truck thru your plug. I've noticed a lot of corosion on the plug spade.

Hm I will have to check my plug, I thought it was pretty clean. Thanks!

PlatinumLandCon
12-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Since the truck + pin is always hot, it does corrode faster than the others. smear it with electric grease regularly. My truck had the same problem so I replaced the truck side 7-pin.