PDA

View Full Version : Truck Exhaust?

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
12-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey, I was wondering what is the best exhaust system to get for my truck that increases the most power? I have a 2006 Chevy 1500 5.3L V8. Also where is the best place to get this done, and also how much money am I looking at? Also im not very interested in dual exhaust unless it adds more power than striaght pipe.

Thanks!
Ryan

Knight511
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
You are not going to get a whole lot of power out of an exhaust alone. In general though, any 3 inch exhaust with a straight through muffler (not baffled like many Flowmasters) is going to net you the most gain. And being in Ohio, I would definitely stick with stainless steel because of the winter roads (your OEM exhaust is stainless). Here is a starting point for price comparison... the first one on the page $179 on clearance would be great because of the low cost, but you would need to go to the manufacturer's website to verify it will fit your cab/bed configuration...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/year/2006/make/CHEVROLET/model/SILVERADO-1500/Department/Exhaust/Part-Type/Exhaust-Systems/System-Material/Stainless-steel/?Ns=Price|Asc

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
You are not going to get a whole lot of power out of an exhaust alone. In general though, any 3 inch exhaust with a straight through muffler (not baffled like many Flowmasters) is going to net you the most gain. And being in Ohio, I would definitely stick with stainless steel because of the winter roads (your OEM exhaust is stainless). Here is a starting point for price comparison... the first one on the page $179 on clearance would be great because of the low cost, but you would need to go to the manufacturer's website to verify it will fit your cab/bed configuration...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/year/2006/make/CHEVROLET/model/SILVERADO-1500/Department/Exhaust/Part-Type/Exhaust-Systems/System-Material/Stainless-steel/?Ns=Price|Asc

Knight551

Thank you very much for the info! I'll be sure to look into it! Its nice to see someone acting the way we should be acting on here.

Thanks again
Ryan