PDA

View Full Version : Liability Insurance Shopping

greenman099
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Shopping around for insurance prices for liability for chemical apps. Anybody recommend a carrier or agent? I'm in Alabama.
Thanks

ALATURF
12-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Try Woody Dozier at Dozier Ins. Agency 420-3798. He takes care of mine and has been competivly priced.

Ric
12-10-2010, 08:42 AM
greenman

Thomco is the Main Nation Wide insurance provider of Pesticide liability. They work with almost every Independent insurance agent. So most any independent insurance agent can write you. BTW I just renewed my insurance for the next year with Thomco.

ant
12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
farm and family they are a sponsor on this forum

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Don't know about carrier...but make darned sure the coverage you take out covers apps INCLUDING Prop Dam coverage for mistakes in application (i.e. round up in a tank of 3way). Ask explicitly then see in writing that you have the proper coverage. Some agents don't know their head from their booty on this.

turf hokie
12-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Don't know about carrier...but make darned sure the coverage you take out covers apps INCLUDING Prop Dam coverage for mistakes in application (i.e. round up in a tank of 3way). Ask explicitly then see in writing that you have the proper coverage. Some agents don't know their head from their booty on this.

Good luck finding a carrier that will insure mistakes (negligence) We use Farm Family, they are awesome. However, the specifically EXclude damage caused by mistakes. I am ok with that, why? because we should know better, isnt that why we have a license and training?....and it keeps my insurance premiums down because my carrier is not paying out for every idiots "mistake"

my 2 cents

cgaengineer
12-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Check with Auto Owners Insurance Co...the name implys they are for autos, but they cover chemical applications.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nitroman
12-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Erie Insurance is great

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Good luck finding a carrier that will insure mistakes (negligence) We use Farm Family, they are awesome. However, the specifically EXclude damage caused by mistakes. I am ok with that, why? because we should know better, isnt that why we have a license and training?....and it keeps my insurance premiums down because my carrier is not paying out for every idiots "mistake"

my 2 cents

I believe it is called Voluntary Property Damage coverage and it does exist.
Boy, if I could not cover my butt for that exposure, what the heck do I even have the coverage for anyway? Might want to check with your agent.

mike174
12-15-2010, 08:57 PM
So far I'm happy with LIPCA. www.lipca.com

garydale
12-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Erie Insurance is great

Erie is the best for all three ins. claaes:
liability, workmens comp, and vehicle.

lawntennis
12-16-2010, 09:26 PM
I saved money with Lipca this year

DA Quality Lawn & YS