PDA

View Full Version : notification flags pros and cons wire staff

ant
12-10-2010, 04:14 PM
its time to re order flags. what are the pros and cons of a wire staff verse. plastic staff? not much difference in price but the metal sure does go into the soil nice this time of the year.. the steal seems to rust up quick if the get damp..

indyturf
12-10-2010, 06:10 PM
we can only use plastic in Indiana....

ant
12-10-2010, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=indyturf;3819201]we can only use plastic in Indiana....[/QAvUOTE]

Why?
Posted via Mobile Device

Leaf Jockey
12-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I've seen lazy lawn mowers try to get close to wire flags and either shoot them dangerously out the chute or cut them, leaving part sticking out of the ground. I've also seen wire flags poking out of sidewalls of tires.

Scott

ant
12-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I've seen lazy lawn mowers try to get close to wire flags and either shoot them dangerously out the chute or cut them, leaving part sticking out of the ground. I've also seen wire flags poking out of sidewalls of tires.

Scott
Very good points. Could you imagine someone stepping onto a cut staff sticking up 2" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

indyturf
12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
I would say those are some of the reasons. plastic are safer

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Either are legal here, and wire are cheaper so I go with those. Honestly, the things are really a formality only, required by law. So why not save $$ where you can save and spend somewhere else. I highly doubt anyone is going to walk up to my flag and call me, even though my contact info is on there. So, I treat the flags as formality only.
If you want to try to advertise with them, good luck, but you will want better looking flags.

ted putnam
12-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Ihave been using plastic sticks. white, with safety green flag. I use the 4x5 size because they "fly" much easier in the breeze making my phone number more visible from cars passing by. I've seen huge flags that just hang there no matter how much breeze. Impossible to read. I can't tell you how much business I've gotten from people walking or driving by, noticing how great the lawn looked and taking my phone number down to call. It is the best money I've ever spent to get new business. Do not underestimate the power of a well placed marking flag in an awesome looking lawn. JMO

Service 1st Lawn Care
12-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Either are legal here, and wire are cheaper so I go with those. Honestly, the things are really a formality only, required by law. So why not save $$ where you can save and spend somewhere else. I highly doubt anyone is going to walk up to my flag and call me, even though my contact info is on there. So, I treat the flags as formality only.
If you want to try to advertise with them, good luck, but you will want better looking flags.

Wrong DA our town is a town of a lot of walkers, and believe me they read the posting signs. I have gotten many new customers this way of coarse the lawns look great also.

rnd
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Visit our website at rndsigns.com to see different uses for the lawn signs. The posting signs are used more for advertising because it is a very cost effective tool. Some states are very strict about posting requirements and what they can be printed on, most states want the wording on a rigid surface to be very readable by homeowner.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Wrong DA our town is a town of a lot of walkers, and believe me they read the posting signs. I have gotten many new customers this way of coarse the lawns look great also.

Thats awesome where you do biz. Here - never got a call from a flag yet two seasons doing biz and my lawns also look good.