PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Dump Bed Trucks with leaf loader and swing out mount

ArTurf
12-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I am buying a 1-ton truck with a dump bed and mounting a leaf loader on the back with a swing out mount. I will be pulling a trailer with mowers. I plan on having a custom swing away mount for the loader. Is it better to mount the loader where it tilts with the bed when dumping or mounted somewhere on the frame where it stays level with the truck? What are some things I need to consider with this setup? Suggestions and pics appreciated.

mattfromNY
12-11-2010, 09:50 PM
This isnt the greatest pic to show how I've got my loader mounted on this truck, but we have a home made swing away mount that bolts to the back of the bed. When dumping, we swing the loader to the side and just hold it with a tie-down strap, this allows the tailgate to drop down. I wish I had some better pics to show you, or some pics of the truck dumping.206718

mattfromNY
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe this picture will show the mount a bit better (dont make any comments on the truck, I know, its seen better days!) 206719

newjerseylandscaping
12-12-2010, 12:28 AM
hey liek your rig, im looking at a leaf vac currently, what type of maintnance do those need?

ArTurf
12-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the pics Matt. Can you pull a trailer OK with this setup? What would you do different?

newjerseylandscaping
12-12-2010, 09:23 PM
^^^ thought the same thing forgot to ask.

mattfromNY
12-22-2010, 09:31 PM
We pull our landscape trailer with mower/ bagger on it with no problems. I used to have the loader mounted on the tongue of a dump trailer, but with that setup I couldnt haul the mowers. This setup is much more efficient and easier to get into tight spots or into back yards.

mattfromNY
12-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I bought 2 extra suction hoses this year but havent put them on yet (hose will be 30' long, not 100% sure loader will move anything except very dry material through that long of a hose, but we'll find out). I want to try dropping the hose over fences or around the back yard, less we have to move leaves to get them to the truck. More efficient if it works...

Ben's Landscape
12-24-2010, 09:08 AM
nice leaf rig! How did that 30' hose work? Also is that truck a diesel?