PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on here like to hunt?

TNGrassCutter
12-13-2010, 04:01 PM
What do ya'll hunt? What kind of equipment?

nameistaken
12-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Humans since animals don't shoot back. :laugh: I don't hunt but my guns are: 1941 Turkish Mauser, 1891 Argentine Mauser, .45 cal Glock 30, Cobra 9mm, Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, and a .38 cal Charter Arms Undercover.

TNGrassCutter
12-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Humans would be fun to hunt according to wedding crashers.lol
Posted via Mobile Device

lyube
12-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Love to hunt, I use an m4 carbine in 5.56 loaded with 64grn power points or 77grn SMKs for deer, pig, people, and whatever dumb critter happens to be messing with my goats.

cgaengineer
12-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I used to hunt, nothing but paper now...actually I don't even get to do that anymore.

I have too many guns to list...for those living in Winder who want to rob me blind while I'm not at home...guess which day I'm at home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get Some...
07-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Compound bow.....whitetail deer, in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska...:)

ShepFL
07-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Archery, Traditional Black Powder and modern rifle. I hunt doves, deer, squirell, hogs and turkey. Also like to fish.

Most hunting is done n FL/GA and this yr. doing some hunting in KY. Also volunteer as FWC Hunter Ed Youth Hunt instructor and Boy Scouts.

Chevy z71
07-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Im not a hunter but im a shooter.

Columbia Yardworks
07-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I hunt Deer and Turkey and Predators such as Coyote, Bobcats and Fox. I use a Savage Stevens 243 which some may argue its to small of a caliber for deer but it works perfectly for me. Also i have a CVA Muzzeloader for the black powder season and i use a Barnett Crossbow for Archery.

As for fishing i love wading a good creek and catching lots of pansized fish and i like fishing for catfish in lakes. Oh and also fish for Crappie.

mnglocker
07-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I shoot more these days than I hunt, but when I get the chance to go out I like to blast ducks/geese/pheasants and hit the deer stand if someone makes me an offer.

As far as what I use, I've got cgaengineer's problem.

bugsNbows
07-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Long time hunter. I primarily hunt deer, turkey and possibly black bear now as we are seeing some at our place in upstate NY. I've also acquired a new .17HMR toy for varmints and such. For years, I used shotgun / slugs but the area went rifle a few years ago so that's the preferred weapon now. I've got several. Also, I've archery hunted for over 30 years. I'll never quit hunting even though I eased up a little with old age.

Mark Oomkes
07-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Deer and turkey so far.

Archery and shotgun so far. Although I did pickup a muzzleloader last fall to extend my season a bit.

LandscaperPro
07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
There is always an open season! Mainly turtle, frog, and catfish now. Whitetails are my specialty. Turkey season is addicting. I use a Mission Eliminator compound by Mathews, Win. 1400 speed pump 12ga. TC 50 cal. lock back, Ruger 10-22. We have some great looking river bottom deer here in Southern Indiana.

Kinda wish we had more ferrel hogs to hunt. But, I hear they are devistating in some areas.

KrayzKajun
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Gotta love Hog hunting.
Posted via Mobile Device

EarthlyMaintenanceService
04-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I also own a hunting outfitter along with my landscape business. www.oldwoodoutfitters.com
Deer & Turkey Hunts in North FL.

tylerderdan
04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
I hunt predators in a few states mostly with rifle. We also do a lot of bowhunting in Arizona and California for mostly deer. Now that the kids are big enough both my boys bow hunt with me.

Nate'sLawnCare
04-08-2014, 06:00 PM
I mostly deer hunt, but getting into turkeys this year. My 17 year old son seems to be more successful at hunting, here's a nice buck he took last fall with his 20 gauge rifled slug gun at 150 yards:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/ncpilot2/BuckMount_zpsefd415dd.png

Ric
07-30-2014, 03:12 PM

I just found this forum and didn't know it was here. I even posted Pictures of Hogs I shot in Off Topic. I love to hunt. My guns run the whole gambit from Black Powder to the latest assault Rifle. I have the Israel Tavor which is used by Israel's Army. However my favorite guns are the 22s. I have even shot Hogs with a 22 on occasion. My most powerful gun for knock down power, is a Rifled 12 ga. shot gun with scope. Slugs are accurate up to 200 yard because of the Rifling.

Black power is a wonderful PITA way to shoot. It teaches you to take your time and shoot straight because loading a black powder gun is a real PITA. Besides Black Powder Rifles and Shot guns I also have Black powder revolvers that I load with Bird Shot. It makes for a good snake or small animal hand gun.

Where I live is 2 blocks from a Wild Life & Wet Land Reserve. It is loaded with Wild Hogs that root in my Neighbor's yards. Rather than Traps I been setting snares and putting the Hogs in my freezer. BTW I am not a Trophy hunter, I like Bambi because she is young and tender.

AI Inc
07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Shot a moose a fews yrs back. Loaded the freezer for the winter. Drew another moose permit 2 yrs ago . Saw a few when scouting but because numbers are down they changed the hunt till after the rut. Wasn't as lucky 2nd time out . Came home empty handed.

Mark Oomkes
07-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Got an invite from Scagguy to head down to Texas for some hog hunting. I'm thinking this would be a good father\son bonding trip, maybe next March when he is on spring break.

SCLocke
07-30-2014, 08:14 PM
I mostly deer hunt, but getting into turkeys this year. My 17 year old son seems to be more successful at hunting, here's a nice buck he took last fall with his 20 gauge rifled slug gun at 150 yards:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/ncpilot2/BuckMount_zpsefd415dd.png

That's impressive, 150 yrds with a 20 guage slug . . . .
Nice deer too.

gusbuster
07-31-2014, 02:02 PM
Primarily a bird hunter. Recently got hooked on turkey hunting, but hunt dove, quail, pheasant, grouse, and when invited waterfowl. Also, by invitation deer hunting(this one, I harvested more deer with my vehicles than shot them). I just love to be outdoors.

AI Inc
08-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Last winter I had a 14 point buck coming into the yard about every other night. Hoping to find him this fall . Had a black bear wonder thru last Sunday morning.