PDA

View Full Version : prarie restoration

head_start
12-14-2010, 11:40 AM
So i want to start a prarie restoration. If anyone has done this i know fire is a good idea. Plus i live in Illinois Indiana area, and was wondering if anyone could help with native plant choices, or recomend any books on the matter.
Thank you

tadpole
12-14-2010, 12:17 PM
google!!!!

head_start
12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
well thank you! lol

LindblomRJ
12-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Check with Purdue. Or with your local co-op extension agency for your county or region.

head_start
12-30-2010, 09:08 PM
what kind of installation advice should i be looking up for this, i have an idea where to start, but don't want to mess it up, any ideas?

tadpole
12-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Exactly what is the nature of the information that you are looking for?

When I suggested Google in my earlier post, I was not trying to be funny. I had already checked on the information available through an on-line search before I made that suggestion. There is a lot.

What kind of background do you have in Landscaping or Horticulture? You do not indicate any in your Forum profile.

Knowledge of grasses and other prairie plants that are native to your area is a must, along with their cultural requirements.

If this is a new endeavor for you, as you indicate, it would probably be advisable to browse any and all related articles found on the internet, thoroughly read most of these, and completely understand all of them before considering putting spade to earth.

head_start
12-31-2010, 02:35 PM
It would be nice to find some suggested reading, im not looking for anything in particular, just a starting place. so you suggest google?

tadpole
12-31-2010, 02:44 PM
It would be nice to find some suggested reading, im not looking for anything in particular, just a starting place. so you suggest google?

Yes, I do, and if you are looking for info more technical, like research papars etc., try Goggle Scholar Search

head_start
01-01-2011, 02:45 PM
thank you and have a good new year