PDA

View Full Version : My website. Opinions please.

Chilehead
12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
It's just been updates. Please share your first impressions of it, and comments or suggestions for improvement. Thank you. www.integritylm.110mb.com

betterlawnsandlandscaping
12-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I cant get the link to work.:confused:

walker-talker
12-14-2010, 11:51 PM
it's just ok imo.

Chilehead
12-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I cant get the link to work.:confused:

Yeah, I tried it a few minutes ago and it did not work. Then, I just tried it now and it's back up. It may be the server on the other end.

betterlawnsandlandscaping
12-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I tried it a few minutes ago and it did not work. Then, I just tried it now and it's back up. It may be the server on the other end.

I think it looks good for the most part, but I would make the text a little bigger and change the color of the text as well. White text on that background is distracting.

Landscape Poet
12-15-2010, 12:04 AM
It's just been updates. Please share your first impressions of it, and comments or suggestions for improvement. Thank you. www.integritylm.110mb.com

Biggest thing I think I would change right away is your portfolio section, 1 single picture is not going to give a potential client a idea of what you are capable of.

Az Gardener
12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Biggest thing I think I would change right away is your portfolio section, 1 single picture is not going to give a potential client a idea of what you are capable of.

Its a slide show but with an 8 second view, way to long IMHO. The pic's could stand some work too. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. For example in one picture all I could focus on was the blotchy lawn. I imagine you were featuring some other part of the L/S but I just couldn't see it.

Hire a professional photographer. If I was considering your company after seeing those pic's I would still be looking for a company. Sorry, just an honest opinion.

Chilehead
12-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Its a slide show but with an 8 second view, way to long IMHO. The pic's could stand some work too. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. For example in one picture all I could focus on was the blotchy lawn. I imagine you were featuring some other part of the L/S but I just couldn't see it.

Hire a professional photographer. If I was considering your company after seeing those pic's I would still be looking for a company. Sorry, just an honest opinion.

Thank you for the blunt honesty, sincerely. The photos are the biggest catch-22 I've ever dealt with. Some people wanted me to do stone work, but no plants. Or a patio, but did not want the dirt removed off-site. Decimated lawns with nice planting beds do me no good. It's just great when I install 5 pallets of retaining wall block only to have the client tell me that they are installing the plants and mulch themselves. Then, they don't do it. I have pondered concentrating my efforts to grounds care/maintenance only, but really need the hardscape work for the winter. The grounds care I LIKE, but the design/build I LOVE. Ironically it's the grounds care that brings in 85% of my gross revenue. It's what I started with, hence the "landscape management" in my company name. I'd love to place some pics of my primo yards with stripes that make any plaid sweater jealous, but then again--those properties have ugly beds. Sure, I can offer all the bed improvement I can muster, but I can't make them buy it.:dizzy:
So what do I do? 1. Scrap the current pics entirely and replace with new ones once acquired.
2. Keep the current pics with a shorter view time.
3. Do something else. (Suggestions?):confused:

DollarSign
12-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Get rid of the numbers after your company name, makes it look like your website is a foreign scam.

domain311
12-15-2010, 04:12 PM
My opinion...

About us page-enlarge the font

Home Page-maybe add some more info/details on what your company does...along with a pic or two.

Pic page-I would also say to get some better pics if possible...and the page itself where it loads does not work well. Get that working smoother or with less time in between shots.

Lefet
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
couldn't get the link to work.

Chilehead
12-19-2010, 11:03 PM
My opinion...

About us page-enlarge the font

Home Page-maybe add some more info/details on what your company does...along with a pic or two.

Pic page-I would also say to get some better pics if possible...and the page itself where it loads does not work well. Get that working smoother or with less time in between shots.

Thanks, Domain--and everyone--for your your input. So........here's what I did:
1.) Increased font size on all pages.
2.) Polished up the Home page and added a form feature.
3.) Shortened portfolio presentation slideshow by 70%. I still kept the same pics, but plan on swapping them out as better ones arrive.
Okay, it's revision time. Check it out again and tell me what you think: www.integritylm.110mb.com
Oh yeah, I plan on getting a top-level domain name shortly so I can ditch the "110mb" from the URL.