PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat or Giant Vac Leaf Collector

J-Man
12-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Looking at a leaf collector to mount on a dump trailer for collecting leaves. Giant Vac?..Billy Goat?...Another Brand?. Any feedback from you guys who already use would be good and appreciated. If you could include pictures, motor size, and any other information that may be helpful.

wild willy
12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
utilize the search option

NonStop
12-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I just bought the 18 hp billygoat this year and love it. It was somewhat difficult to start at first but after the initial break in, it starts on the first pull (I saved some $$ by not getting the electric start).

It has great power and easily takes the sticks and pine cones that are in the piles. We've only had the hose clog once.

I need to get the longer hose though...

bmoorefield
12-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I agree with Nonstop, I also purchased the 18 hp and mounted it on the back of my dump trailer. The only time it ever gets clogged is when it is wet or it sucks up a stick before I could grab it. It is a very impressive system with enough power to suck up a rocks if your not careful. I would also consider Little wonder on your list to compare prices, engine size and weight. I went with the Billy Goat because my dealer could get me a better deal on that unit. Regardless of your choice, buy the biggest engine that you can afford. In the end its kind of like comparing ford and chevy.