PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Question?

hall1000
12-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know at age 16 if your aloud to tow a trailer in Pennsylvania.

rungreen
12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
I dont know for sure in your state but here if have a license you can pull a lawncare trailer.

hall1000
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I think that is the same here to.

Duffster
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I dont know for sure in your state but here if have a license you can pull a lawncare trailer.

Not necessarily.

You have to be 21 to drive a CMV interstate. I would think you would have to be 18 to drive one intrastate but i can't find that anywhere.

OP. This would be a good question for your Mommies Ins CO.

Duffster
12-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know at age 16 if your aloud to tow a trailer in Pennsylvania.

What size trailer? What are going to tow it with?

hall1000
12-20-2010, 10:06 PM
What size trailer? What are going to tow it with?
Either a 5x10 or a 6x12 and a 2005 silverado 1500

GreenI.A.
12-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure about the state but the main concearn is with insurance either commercial vehicle or workers comp. Many companies will not cover under 18 with out proper weivers being filled out. I know a guy who lost his foot back in highschool and only then did his employer find out wc wasn't paying it because he was only 17. The owner had to pay out of pocket, medical bills, prostetic foot, cost the company over $250k at the time, plus they still get billed for for all his sublemental treatments or when he needs a new prostetic 10 years later. It was his own negligence that led to the accident, but because wc wouldn't cover it the tree company had to. Also many OSHA regs say you must be over 18, such as running a skid stear or fork lift, even at the companies lot.

i know both vehicle Insurance and workmans comp leagally have to accept waivers if the minor is attending a vocational school for a related subject, most have a policy to also cover minor family members over 14 years old.

I know this is a little off from what you asked, but it's sum what releated to your question. I worn lots of guys to n ot only ask your insurance agents/companies about this, but GET IT IN WRITING that minor employees are covered!