PDA

View Full Version : Question about AOLP conference

RLI Electric
12-17-2010, 11:00 PM
OK, my question is whether or not it is imperative to rent a vehicle for the conference. Is the hotel close to the airport? Is there much to do around the hotel after hours? Are there after hours events or does everyone split to do their own thing? I am just trying to figure out logistics. Anyone who has been please fill us newbies in. Thanks.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Bob. The Hotel is about a 25 min. cab ride from the Airport, or you can wait a bit and take the free Hotel Shuttle Bus (To and From) The Hotel itself is not exactly in a hub of activity, but it is a short cab ride away from the 'entertainment district' so to speak (just down the road, a healthy walk if you are so inclined... been there done that) I don't think a rental car is necessary... the cab service there is pretty good. I'm sure you will fall into a group of friends quickly and there is plenty of time in the evenings to get out and see the town. The Hotel does offer a "happy hour" in their lounge/bar which is a nice perk and attracts a lot of the conference attendees.

emby
12-18-2010, 05:44 PM
I will see you two there !! Looking forward to finally meeting you Bob.

Ken:canadaflag:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Sounds like we might have a Canadian Club heading down. Pam Bingham, Ken, John Higo, myself and possibly a couple of others too.

AOLP
12-20-2010, 12:17 PM
OK, my question is whether or not it is imperative to rent a vehicle for the conference. Is the hotel close to the airport? Is there much to do around the hotel after hours? Are there after hours events or does everyone split to do their own thing? I am just trying to figure out logistics. Anyone who has been please fill us newbies in. Thanks.

If, by chance, you want to rent a car to go do something you don't have to make that decision at the airport. the hotel, last time I was there, had a car rental service. I think, enterprise

RLI Electric
12-31-2010, 08:11 AM
I am officially in! If you are on the fence, last day for the tax year. Just an FYI.