PDA

View Full Version : Toro Revolution

dave-man
08-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Anyone familiar with the Yard-Man Revolution? This is a homeowner ztr rider with hydrostatic transmissions. The front wheels are castors as you would expect, but the whole thing is configured to look like a conventional rider mower.

You can see it described at http://www.yardman.com/servlet/BrandProductDetail?ID=235&CAT=27&SUB=76.

The mower is about $1600 at Tractor Supply.

I have about an acre in grass. My current, elderly Craftsman 42" is on it's last legs, and I sure would like to be able to mow side-by-side tracks instead of just spirals and odd patterns.

Catcher
08-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Personally,
I'd forgo the gimmicks that some of the 'mass-market' manufacturers offer. For an acre I'd opt for a good walk-behind, probably only cost you a few hundred dollars more and it'll do a better job over the long-haul.

dave-man
08-29-2002, 12:40 PM
I looked at WBs. I want to be able to pull a garden trailer (often) and a spreader (sometimes) and I don't think I can get that to work with a WB.

The Yard-man Revolution looks like it gives ZTR maneuverability at rider mower prices. Don't say it makes sense for commercial applications, but for 40ish mows per year it might be good for a homeowner if its reasonably reliable (I worry most about the transmissions).

Catcher
08-30-2002, 07:33 AM
I'd still go with the WB, maybe the dealer will throw in a free wheel-burrow ...........

dave-man
08-30-2002, 09:10 AM
<grin> I have wheel barrows. I'm also an aging desk worker, and if I use up all my weekend-warrior energy pushing barrow-loads of mulch and pruning debris around I won't be good for much else!

HOWARD JONES
09-13-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm sure they won't let you cut grass, but you ought to be able to find a dealer that would let you drive it around in the parking lot to check out its manuverability.

Rooster
09-13-2002, 12:59 PM
You might look for a used ZTR, more money, but should be the last mower you'd have to buy.

Rick

John Gamba
09-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Dave
I Don't think they Mow Doing zero turn's? you might want To Check To see If you Can Haul anything With the hydro's That are on It.
John.

OH Deere has something Like this to!