PDA

View Full Version : found a new spreader type thing, check it out

grassman177
12-18-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSwJnE8YZc

there was a guy on here not but this week talking about mounting a spreader to a walk behind etc, well this one is pretty nice and has a blower too.

worth it to look.

i could see this in operation for many small and large companies alike for different uses.

i have no idea if it is even a product for sale!?

grass4gas
12-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Grassman,

This video was posted by someone on here awhile back...a year ago maybe.

Quite honestly, this is not a viable machine except on flat areas. He was having problems even controlling it on a small slope. Tight turns and slopes look to be the downfall here. It is also top heavy, and if you slip...watch out. This thing would be a runaway horse if you were on a slope or hill.

The blower is pretty cool tho. Looks to me as if this is just someone experimenting.

ted putnam
12-18-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQSwJnE8YZc

there was a guy on here not but this week talking about mounting a spreader to a walk behind etc, well this one is pretty nice and has a blower too.

worth it to look.

i could see this in operation for many small and large companies alike for different uses.

i have no idea if it is even a product for sale!?

Wow, it mows, ferts and blows all in one pass. If it could beat me to the house at the end of the day and have a hot meal and a cold drink ready for me, I'd seriously consider it. Something tells me the Ric-a-green looks something like that.

robertsturf
12-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Developed by a company here in Lees Summit, Mo. I saw one 1 time at a mower dealer. Too pricey for what it really is.

grassman177
12-18-2010, 04:59 PM
i do so agree with the high center of gravity, hence my post to that guy in another thread asking about this type of set up discounting the idea, but it could still be halfway usefull, with some changes.

just another idea to throw out there is all. i sure as heck DONT want one.

bug-guy
12-23-2010, 07:28 AM
people have mounted lesco electric spreaders on zturns and tractors and gators for years. the one in the video looks like they removed the cutting deck. exspensive machine to spread and blow. the hopper is too high! and you have to walk!! overkill.

grassman177
12-23-2010, 11:43 AM
yes, but how darn cool is the blower! i wish that were incorporated into the zsprays(dont know how it would, but cool thought)

rwsawal04
12-24-2010, 02:34 AM
It looks like it 's to slow. Wouldn't be good on large yards it will walk you to death.