PDA

View Full Version : Questions about advertising?

growearth
12-18-2010, 03:52 PM
This topic has possibly been covered many times before but with this ever changing economy and weather patters I have a few questions...

When do you start advertising for the summer ?

We run our online ads throughout the year ... but what about the traditional ad forms such as Fliers, Newspaper ads etc. ... when should one start those?

has any one had good luck with Church newsletters?

Any other new forms of advertising any one recommends. Thank you for looking... Have a great New Year.

Thanks,

Manu
www.grow-earth.com

JSMLAWNCARE
12-20-2010, 12:05 PM
My truck and website are my best two forms of advertising and of course my web site address is on my truck.

rnd
12-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Visit rndsigns.com to see hundreds of layout ideas to promote to existing customers add-on services. Advertising is a year long process and should be done aggresively.

Free marketing consultations - download FREE marketing handbook and planner to start off the new year
RND Signs is a leading vendor to the green industry

JimLewis
12-22-2010, 10:14 AM
What I do like right now:

Google AdWords
Microsoft Ad Center
Great logo / signs on Trucks & Trailers
Tent Signs on Curb at Jobsite
Angie's List
Constant Contact

What I LOVE right now:

SEO

What I don't see good results with anymore:

Any kind of yellow pages (especially paper)
Flyers
Craigslist
Door Hangers (limited success still)
Newspaper Ads
Post Cards
Circulars
Church Newsletters

TheBetterDoorhanger
12-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi there - I don't want to intrude on your forum but I know one of the main things I hear from my customers with advertising is the desire to find a cost effective way to keep the ad in view of the customer... or even just keep it on the door until they get home if you are distributing door hangers. Just wanted a moment of your time to tell you about our products that help keep your advertisement (door hanger, post card, flyer etc) on the door and off the lawn. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed to easily & securely attach your door hanger to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost! We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It products and even offer free design services if you mention this forum post!
5,000 only $349
2,500 only $199
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.

SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!
www.AdeasPrinting.com
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

TheGoat
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
When I was trying to decide when to go out and hang flyers for my lawn service ("http://www.hungrygoatlawns.com), I consulted google.
Google Trends can tell you how often a specific term is searched for on google. I figured if they are looking for lawn service on google, they are likely open to some advertising.