PDA

View Full Version : Anybody give gift cards to top customers?

Darryl G
12-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi. I was thinking of giving some gift cards from a local garden center to my top 5 or 10 long time customers as holiday gifts. Maybe $25 bucks each or so. These would be customers who come to me for all of their lawn care and landscaping needs on a consistent basis, pay on time and all of that stuff. Customers I'm fairly certain will be using me next season as well. The garden center would be a place they're familiar with and would be convenient for them.

Does anybody do this?

Thanks in advance.

wbw
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Not for Holidays. I give nice restaurant gift cards for referring customers. I have always felt that if the service provider is giving gifts he is charging me to much money. Send a nice personalized Christmas card.

Mountain Peak
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I usually get gifts from my customers, not the other way around. I do send out thank you cards and will give discounts off of service for referrals.

GreenI.A.
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM
don't but my family does it with their unrelated business. If your giving out a good amount of gift cards talk to the garden center, resteraunt, or where ever you choose about a deal. They hand out thousands in giftcards every year as christmas thank you and a form of rebate. The places only charge him 75% of the cards value and most often give him a card or two extra for himself. Push the place for a discount

Stores will do this because giftcards are shown to be one of the most successful marketting tools, a person using a gift card will typically spend 40-75% more than the cards value.

godzilla
12-21-2010, 09:28 AM
I gave out a few this year, however only 2 were for clients, and those 2 give back way more than the cost of the cards... the rest were for property managers, contractors, etc.